[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do breaks work? I feel if two people need a break then it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1467462798565.jpg (80KB, 736x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1467462798565.jpg
80KB, 736x1094px
Do breaks work?

I feel if two people need a break then it's pretty much beginning of the end.

Gf is going through a lot of issues and is super stressed from family, uni, work and me. I haven't been the best, I got comfortable and stopped trying.

She suggested a breakup. I suggested we work on things. Now she's floating the idea of a break?

Good or bad idea?
>>
Breaks work in the sense that they give people time to realize what they want. With distance and no contact you test how you really feel about the other person. More often than not than means the end of a relationship though.
>>
Sometimes.

They only work though if you literally don't contact her though. She needs to realize she misses you. IF she doesn't miss you, then it is over.
>>
>>17531632

Bad idea. The point is, you've broken up. She isn't interested in persisting, she's suggesting a break because you can't deal with a breakup and she doesn't want to talk with you any more than neccesary. The break will never end. Just accept that you lost her and learn from it.
>>
>>17531632
>tfw someone saved your Jcon

And no, breaks are breakups
>>
>>17531632
It's over.

I hate defeatism but see the experience as research and development and thus a victory.

Just have to move on as a more intelligent man.
>>
>I got comfortable and stopped trying
Your own fault.

It's over.
>>
>>17531650
>>17531643
>reading is difficult for me
>>
>17531639
I already know what I want. I'm in love with her and don't think I can handle it. I feel if we put restrictions on the break, it would be irrelevant because of no contact. Im scared that she wont have time to think of me with whats going on in her life now. Im scared ill just become a memory with no contact. I don't know what to do. How do I give her space without the idea of a break?
>>
I'm not OP but i'm in a kind off similar situation as OP. So I don't know what way to fallow from the above posts.
>>
>>17531763
>>17531639
Sorry on phone
>>
>>17531763

>>17531650

The only time a break doesn't turn into a breakup is when one partner had a plan B that turned not to work out, doesn't want to be officially single, and is able to return. A guy broken up with knows where he stands. A guy on a break is like a dog in a shelter waiting for his dead owner to come pick him up.
>>
Eh, I personally don't believe in breaks. Either you're together or you aren't. You can't just walk away when things get tough; you need to weather hardship together, support each other, and see each other through it. Relationships should never be something you put "on hold."

Stop being a source of stress. Start being a source of support.
>>
It's over, OP can choose to end it clear or end it messy, but she's done with him.
>>
>>17531763
>I'm in love with her
You're only thinking of your own self and what you can get from her. You are infatuated but you don't love her since you've stopped trying to do things for her. You just want her attention and affection. Fuck off cunt. Kill yourself.
>>
>>17531632
The amount of time you spend with someone is inversely proportional to how well you get along with them. The goal is to find the exceptions in outliers in that relationship that you can get along with forever.
If two people really like each other, but they're spending too much time together (aka. they want to spend more time together without getting pissed/bored), they need to work some stuff out and reform their relationship. But those long involved talks are just gonna turn into fights if you're already at that threshold of getting tired. That's why it helps to take some time apart and begin to long for each other, before you can come back and work some stuff out.
>>
>>17531835
Bit of a generalisation. I did get comfortable, I realize my mistake but I realised it too late. I've read up on this and it seems pretty common. I am willing to do whatever to fix it because I do love her. I wouldn't be posting here otherwise.
>>
>>17531856

If you love her, let her go.
>>
File: 1378960_1280x720.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1378960_1280x720.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>17531925
Let her go from life
>>
>>17531925
Cool meme man
>>
>>17531632
>Do breaks work?
No.

>I feel if two people need a break then it's pretty much beginning of the end.
No, they're the end of the end. What happens next is just a more painful and drawn-out version of the usual postmortem crap.

>She suggested a breakup. I suggested we work on things. Now she's floating the idea of a break?
>Good or bad idea?
Bad idea. Give her the breakup sue wants, and make the break clean. It will hurt you a LOT less in the end. I'm sorry, OP, but let her go.
>>
>>17531632
Just dump her and move on.
Don't even bother. The seeds of doubt are already in this bitches mind, so you can try to hang out and crash and burn the situation or you can bail now.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.