[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to grow out of having friends? When I was much younger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 572944.png (1MB, 1080x789px) Image search: [Google]
572944.png
1MB, 1080x789px
Is it normal to grow out of having friends?
When I was much younger I had a big group of friends I did everything with. Over time I stopped talking to them because things were busy.
When I see people my age failing to get things done because they're worried about a friendship or something they seem childish.
Do you think this is true?
>>
I think it is true that it is hard to keep friends a priority later in life, and many people absolutely do lose their friends.

But growing out of them in the sense that you don't appreciate or need friendship anymore, no. Especially in this day and age when people are already pretty socially isolated most of the time.
>>
As you get older, your time becomes more valuable, you understand yourself better, and learn who/what is worth your time - so it's absolutely normal to build on the relationships that are most worthy of that time.

That's from personal experience and developmental psych 101.
>>
>>17531478
this. i only have a small group of friends because i simply dont have the time to do stuff with other people. im go around with a small group in university and i could of became good friends with them but i simply didnt have the time to go out with them, do my own thing, see my own friends and do uni work. when i was a kid, i was always hanging around with random people because i didnt care about anything.
>>
About 3 years ago or so I let my social life die completely because I liked video games better
I 100% don't regret it a bit
Fuck you all
>>
>>17531459
It is common to grow away from childhood friends. It is common to not depend on having friends quite as much as an adult as you did as a child. It is not common to try to live with no friends at all. While letting the old ones go, don't close yourself off from finding new ones.
>>
>>17531512
you can play video games and have a social life though. i only see my friends about once, sometimes twice a week.
>>
Yes. I have a FT job I'm very dedicated to; sometimes I need to stay late and working hard is what's important to me. I'm also married and need to set aside time to spend with my spouse as well as for family that live nearby. Add in time I need to spend to myself to recharge/dabble in hobbies, and I don't really have time left over for friends. Essentially I only give time to what's truly important to me. Friendships I get nothing out of or that only exist to stroke someone's ego/make them feel better about themselves are a waste of my time. And honestly, even if someone is worthwhile, I'd just rather spend time with my spouse or by myself.
>>
>>17531459

I don't know, but I have. I love my work, I like posting on here, I love my family, and that's enough. I'll never develop a deep friendship again in my life, it's a waste of time for someone like me. I never want to be known deeply, or held accountable, or expected to put myself out for other people's happiness, so why bother with any of it? I'll sacrifice anything for my family, because I love them, but I'm not going to love some random stranger because 'we got talking'. Fuck that shit.
>>
I haven't fallen away from my friends and I'm 30. Couldn't live without them. They're way more supportive and caring than my family (with the exception of finances).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.