[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I able to successfully diagnose myself with depression/ anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Am I able to successfully diagnose myself with depression/ anxiety without seeking medical help if my symptoms are bad enough?

Because I think I might have both and I want to treat it, but I'm not sure if a shrink is necessary to ovecome it.
Can I also treat myself without the use of medication?
>>
File: 1470116104581.jpg (41KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
1470116104581.jpg
41KB, 1200x700px
>>17531414
>Is it possible to feel better without drugs?
That's a real toughie
>>
>>17531424
what should I be taking and can I get it without a perscription?
I'm still hoping this will go away somehow, magically
>>
>>17531455
Get professional help.
>>
You don't have to be diagnosed with depression or anxiety to feel depressed or anxious.

If you are feeling depressed or anxious, you are within your full power to resolve those issues in whatever manner you see fit.

If you're seeking medication, you'll NEED a diagnosis. If you're seeking alternative methods, a diagnosis won't do shit for you anyway.
>>
you should not try to diagnose yourself. even a shrink who thinks they're depressed would get a second opinion from another doctor.

you should also not try to treat this yourself, especially since you a) don't have any idea whether you even have it and b) don't know anything about how depression treatment works.

things that CAN help depression and/or anxiety:
>meds
>therapy
>healthier diet
>more exercise
>fresh air
>supplements, if there's a nutritional deficiency that can't be corrected with diet
>getting rid of toxic people or situations in their life - ditching shitty friends, getting a job where you're not surrounded by assholes, etc.
>getting enough sleep - this might require professional help in itself if you have sleep problems
>having enough emotional support and opportunities for personal growth
>consciously making an effort to change your self-talk and outlook - again, something that's easier if you have someone helping you, whether it's a therapist, a friend, whatever
>meditative or spiritual practices

all of these things have helped some people. all of them can also make you worse if you do them wrong. this is why you don't try to do it yourself.

the other reason is that if you have a mood disorder or anxiety disorder, your thinking is already a bit skewed. your judgment is affected. not demolished, but affected. without someone to help you, it's easy for your mental state to get into worse and worse areas, some of which can be really hard to undo even with therapy. I know, I've done it and it sucks. it's like a rounding error that keeps compounding itself until you come up with an answer that's completely false.

TL:DR don't try this at home. see a professional.
>>
>>17531414
Depression's tricky and shouldn't be taken lightly, but you don't need to be an expert to know when you've got anxiety.
>>
>>17531455
I'm personally taking St. Johns Wort pills. I did get diagnosed with depression and all that, but I didn't want to get addicted to actual SSRIs so that's why. Been on it for like 4 days now, I don't really feel a difference yet, but it takes some time like it does with regular antidepressants.

Maybe you could look into that?
>>
>>17531507
>>17531509
I have been trying to get myself to move, be productive, etc.. but I still spend too much time at home, which I know doesn't help.
Who should I see, specifically? A psychologist or psychiatrist?

>>17531523
that's true. I'm almost certain I've got anxiety, anda bit unsure with depression. I've been feeling the blues for a while, I get very moody, sometimes I feel no mood at all. For a good 4 months or so I haven't been able to sit back, relax and really feel like life is beautiful.

>>17531532
I hope you feel better anon.
Besides drugs, are you doing anything else to help your mood and if so, is it working?
>>
>>17531414
If you had a broken leg, would you try to treat it yourself> If you have a broken spirit, it might be a good idea to go to a professional.
>>
>>17531741
Spirits aren't real
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.