[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My best friend told me he doesn't like a specific aspect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1465910480254.png (260KB, 458x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465910480254.png
260KB, 458x360px
My best friend told me he doesn't like a specific aspect of my behaviour, and he told me that if i won't change that aspect than we should stop being friends.

I know this is very vague, but what i am also interested is a general overview of facts like these.

What i mean is, he has a problem with me, but i don't have any problem with him, should i change? or should he accept me as i am? im not proud nor touchy but i percieved what he said as an ultimatum or blackmail and it got me a bit angry..

Also if he were to decide to stop being my friend, i would be sad, but not angry, because if he thinks that aspect is enough to stop being friends than that should be his decision.

So TL;DR should i change my behaviour? is it wrong if i don't want to? is he right?

ty in advance
>>
>not telling us what the behavior is
>>
>>17531156
We can't properly contribute if we don't know what your behavior is. Are you stealing panties?
>>
If you rape and murder people then yes
>>
>>17531162
yeah re-reading all that i think it is better if i explain:

very simple, when i am at home i don't have my smartphone around me, i purposely leave it somewere in the house, not near me, as i like to be detached fom people when im at home. that means i dont immediately answer text messages and i don't immediately phone back when i see missed calls.
>>
File: ed7.jpg (47KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
47KB, 596x628px
>thinks we're going to let him not tell us behavior
>>
File: 1459180983883.jpg (118KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459180983883.jpg
118KB, 720x960px
>>17531162
>>17531167
Also, I'm sexually attracted to young girls but that might not be the habit he refers to
>>
>>17531169
You're purposefully ignoring your friend if you do that. I can see how it would bother him enough to leave you. Either cut it out or lose your friend.
>>
>>17531169
If it's something that simple, just carry your phone on you man. It's not this life changing thing that you have to do. Just carry your phone and answer when he calls.
>>
>>17531169
I do the same thing, but I also don't worry about keeping friends because I'm a bit of a loner. If you value your friendship, keep the phone around, but only pay attention to him. Give him a different ringtone so that you can tell when you need to respond.
>>
>>17531180
>>17531176
>>17531175
Thanks, but i just find it so difficult to always be ready to answer whenever someone demands your attention.. how can kids these days live with the phone on their faces? i know what i do is selfish, but i also believe that is selfish to expect immediate attention whenever you desire
>>
I don't carry my phone when I am home much and I am often doing something where I can not hear it ring. Being a friend does not mean being available to them 24/7. I think this sounds needed and I would not change my behavior. Most of my friends leave text messages and I get back when I can. I am busy.
>>
>>17531189
Then you probably aren't a really good friend in the first place. Part of being a friend is being there for someone, even when it's a menial thing they're asking you. I don't blame your friend for asking you why you never answer phone calls.
>>
>>17531189
Meh.. I have the exact same thing woth my phone. Sometimes I will leave my phone for the entire weekend. Nobody ever got mad at me. They all understand.
Friends shouldn't be trying to put ultimatums in such stupid shit. It's not like you are damaging yourself with drugs or something but I don't know your friend nor do I know what you want out of a relationship where someone is asking you to change such a thing with an ultimatum.
But I don't know about your culture. I guess it depends. Maybe your friend is hurt. Maybe your friend is jelly. Maybe your friend is worried. I say explain and then decide to keep doing it or not and then let go.

But If you ask me, this situation is stupid. You should be able to manage yourself however the fuck you want withouth pressure from a "friend" that shoots ultimatums with stupid shit
>>
>>17531200
Saying op is not a good friend because he has a life and isn't a doormat is not the way to go buddy.
Friends are not supposed to be there 24/7 unless you are besties or unless you are having a really bad time

Friends are not mom and daddy anon
>>
>>17531204
That begs the question if this is OP's best friend or not. I see where you're coming from. Don't completely agree, but can see reason in your argument.

If OP's friend is BFF, start carrying phone
If OP's friend is mid-tier, drop the cunt
>>
>>17531206
Well I guess OP should grow a pair and analize what action is best and feels corect. There you have it OP
Remember not to be a doormat. Grow a pair. And enjoy your own self if you like how you are. if not then change.
>>
dont change for anyone but urself m8
>>
>>17531156
You own your phone. You own your time. If you choose not to reply to every message within seconds of receiving it, that is your right. You might well ask what right he has to demand that you always drop anything you're doing to be at his beck and call instantly.

To get back to your question. It is a very trivial thing, but the smallness is his for making so much about it. If he can't accept "There's nothing personal. I just find it useful to occasionally have uninterrupted time to myself. I always respond to messages eventually, but not always immediately" it's his loss.
>>
I gotta disagree, I don't think it's your job to always be immediately available. I do the same thing with my phone on my days off. My days off are for me, and if we didn't plan something in advance, you bet your ass I'm only gonna answer your text 3 hours later unless it's something urgent.

I don't understand why people need to be in constant contact over menial things; however, we might be missing some context. Are you ignoring him when he's trying to make plans? Has he tried to tell you important things that you've ignored? Or is he just wanting to chat?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.