[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Sup.I've recently moved to Germany from another country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: p0nF8Bj8.jpg (32KB, 400x400px)
p0nF8Bj8.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
Sup.I've recently moved to Germany from another country and i applied for a job at Burger King (well paid job).I have a woman who helped me with that and will come with me in a few days when the interview is due.Thing is, my german is bad,i am a beginner and i need to learn more german to understand the coworkers and stuff.Anyone who worked in burger king (or any other fastfood) as a foreigner could give me a few tips?
>>
>recently moved to Germany

Well at least you, unlike all the other camel jockey fucks are actually working.

Biggest thing is you have to actively try to create vocabulary

Don't worry about feminine and masculine grammar as much as knowing what the fuck they're saying. Ask your coworkers, get kids books (swallow your pride retard, you're on the same level as a child speaking german).
>>
>>17531130
i have a basic understanding for words and sentences, i can recognize words or sentences and i will most definitely learn, but it won't happen in just a few days, hence the need for tips in the workingplace
>>
>>17531133
Like I said, ask coworkers for definitions

Take home menus and stuff and research the words, that could be a major help.

Really the biggest thing right now is knowing the word for each menu item. You'll be getting orders constantly so you need to make it priority to know every word. This isn't for German as a whole, this is so you can have a job.

Study the menu, Google translate it. With singular words you can almost always get the exact translation in Google translate.

Pro tip: don't do sentences in Google translate for German, youll memorize phrases that make you look like a retard
>>
File: 1447604428416.png (77KB, 592x554px) Image search: [Google]
1447604428416.png
77KB, 592x554px
>>17531077
wait a sec Hamburger originates from Germany right ? wonder why it became the US symbol
>>
>>17531077
>>17531077

Where do you live? Go to a language school but most importantly learn the typical orders that come from customers (numbers, menus, internal talk). Most of this you will learn on the job. Prepare whatever you can at home so you can focus on the important stuff at your first days.
Best of success
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.