[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I quit my job now or later? > work job for like 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1468227748389.jpg (23KB, 551x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468227748389.jpg
23KB, 551x461px
Should I quit my job now or later?

> work job for like 7 months
> get my hours cut down to like 15 a week
> new person that sort of got hired to replace me got my hours
> two weeks later one of the supervisors decides she likes me and sticks her neck out for me
> dept. manager takes new persons' hours and gives them back to me
> while I was away the assistant manager, new chick, and a couple of other peons seem to have bonded almost symbiotically to the point where people who aren't working that day just come and hang out for several hours while I do most of the work
> they all hate me now for taking new chicks' hours
> now I have to take abuse from them all day long

So obviously, if one of the managers hates me it's only a matter of time before I get canned so I might as well quit and save some dignity. The new chick was also a great worker and doesn't deserve to be jerked around. On the other hand, I need the money I'd make from working this job while looking for another one. What does /adv/ think?
>>
Start sending work applications elsewhere, go on interviews. Do not quit until you gotten a positive response.

But if you like your job that you currently have, do try to fight for it.
>>
>>17530854
my experience is that if a place is bad you should always quit on your own terms, before ppl can come up with some fake dirt to get you canned. i'm really jaded tho.
>>
>>17530919
That's what I'm worried about. This place really is that bad, although this is as bad as it's ever been.
>>
>>17531040
It's time to leave a job when you know things aren't likely to get better from now on. Especially if your manager hates you because they have the power to get the rest of your colleagues to gang up on you which will make your work life hell. Trust me I've been there.
>>
It does sound like it's time to move on. And jeez, only 15 hours? What are you going to do with that? Buy lunch?
Loyalty has to be a 2-way street. I've had good people work for me, and bad ones too, and there's ways of dealing with both. I absolutely find it easier to be more fair and equitable with people I like or who are productive, but being good at managing people means trying to get the best out of them.

I hope you're just being an oversensitive pansy about this, but either way, I'd say it's time to move on. I suspect that you won't find it difficult.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.