[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get ahead in life? I am 24 and live with my mom. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1429414681802.jpg (14KB, 234x250px)
1429414681802.jpg
14KB, 234x250px
How do I get ahead in life?

I am 24 and live with my mom. I have never been in a relationship. I make $12.50/h and I have no real talents or skills.

How does someone like me get ahead in life. I honestly don't even know where to begin. To start I would like to have enough money to at least live on my own but I don't even know how I could possibly make that much money.

I feel like my life is going nowhere. When I see these homeless people or people who look down and out shopping at Walmart I visualize myself becoming them.

I don't want to become like them. How do I escape from that type of future?
>>
At least you recognize there is a need for change, don't expect it all to come at once though.

Stop imagining your future and start determining it from now on. Life is about being proactive, there are literally heaps of philosophies to follow, but the 80:20 rule is great.

Focus on the most important and most enjoyable things in your life, the top 20%, get that done and then do the other shit - look for meaning in life and the rest will sort itself out.
>>
Save money for a year by living off as less money as possible.
Use saved money and invest in some sort of way that generates profit, like rentals for example, while keeping your job.
Expand your operation with your profits, slow and steady, until you made back 100% of your invested capital.
Invest in a new business, repeat, repeat, repeat.
If done properly you will have multiple businesses generating profit without having to stop working your regular job.

Or you could save money, go to college, get a degree, get a higher paying job, live a normal life with steady income, put the maximum ammount of money into your 401K (or similar), retire and don't have to worry about income for the rest of your life.

Or combine both plans for maximum efficiency, I guess...
>>
File: 1421779949777.gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1421779949777.gif
2MB, 320x213px
>>17530666
>Satan Trips

You make $12.50/hr? How many hours do you work per week?

If you're full time, presumably hitting 40 hours a week that's $500 before taxes you're making everyweek. Close to $2000/month.

I know living costs differ across country (assuming you're from US since you used $). That's enough money to afford an apartment, at least around here. Most 1 bedrooms are like $600-$800, then an extra $200 in utilities.

That's $1000, which is half of your monthly income, which is kind of shit, but hey, at least you can move out on your own.

I'm only making $9.13/hr @ 40 hours a week so there's no chance in hell of myself moving out so I'm envious of your pay.
>>
>>17530666

Can you get skills?
>>
>>17530666
Imagine the life you want 10 years from now. Where will you be living? Married? Kids? What sort of job? Office? labor? Sales? What sort of lifestyle?

Eliminate any scenarios that involve winning the lottery.

Now work backwards from that picture. What route or routes will take you there? Would you need more education or training? Would you have to move? Would you have to give up cigarettes and beer to save money?

Draw the logical line backwards from there to where you are now. There may be more than one route. Now start at your end and take the first step.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.