[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, /adv/. Got some education woes here for you today. >be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1449892367480.jpg (106KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1449892367480.jpg
106KB, 1058x705px
Yo, /adv/. Got some education woes here for you today.

>be me
>just turn 18 in july
>drop out of school at 13 because i'm so terrible at math that even the teachers made fun of me for it
>pretty good at everything else, it's just that i'm so terrible at math that my chances at getting through to graduation were looking bleak
>regret dropping out now that i'm 18
>studying like fuck to get me a fancy ged, so i can get into college and major in illustration
>math is still as incomprehensible to me as ever
>everything else ranges from easy as fuck to comprehendable
>why_am_i_like_this.jpg

I don't know what to do. I heard that you can harness the powers of the almighty calculator when testing for the GED, but y'all don't understand. I'm so shitty at math that even basic subtraction takes a bit for me to solve. I never even got the basics of long division down. Everything else is a breeze to grasp except for math, and seeing as how you have to pass in all departments to get your certificate, I'm feeling pretty fucked.

What do I do? I live in the woods without a vehicle, so it's not like I can scamper off to any organized lessons or anything. This whole shebang's got me feeling absolutely fucked. Straight in the ass with a cactus, with no lube to soften up the ride. I really want to become an artist in the video game industry, but without so much as a simple GED, my chances of that are looking low. I really wanna pass, my dudes.

I know this is 4chan, but please keep your assholery about my lack of math skills to a minimum ;_; I feel like an absolute dumbass as it is.
>>
Sounds like you got Dyscalculia, the difficulty of adding or substracting algebraic formulas. Its like dyslexia but with numbers.

You need to seek up its treatment methods and try them out, they might help you quite a lot.
>>
>>17530670
Yeah, I've heard about that and you're not the first guy to tell me they suspect I've got it. My brother actually has dyslexia and dropped out as well, due to the same reasons as me. Teachers can be real douchecanoes.

I'll try my best, but I kind of feel like a lost cause. But maybe that's the part of me that got made of speaking. Thanks for respondin'! Appreciated, pal.
>>
>>17530660
First of all, in today's calculator/computer-rich world, you don't have much practical need for math in real life, so the only concern is getting through the exams.

Basic problems, like math or reading, often come from a simple mistake teachers always make. Let's say you don't understand arithmetic in the 3rd grade. So your 4th grade teacher tries to teach it to you again IN THE SAME WAY YOU DIDN'T GET THE FIRST TIME. So, naturally, you don't get it this time. By the third or fourth time someone tries to teach you the same thing in the same way, your brain runs away and hides.

What you need is someone to teach it to you in an entirely different way, that your brain hasn't put up barriers to. Look around online for tutorials that look different from what you've seen before and try them.
>>
a homeomorphism or topological isomorphism or bi continuous function is a continuous function between topological spaces that has a continuous inverse function. Homeomorphisms are the isomorphisms in the category of topological spaces—that is, they are the mappings that preserve all the topological properties of a given space. Two spaces with a homeomorphism between them are called homeomorphic, and from a topological viewpoint they are the same.
>>
1-2
>>
>>17531271
OP, get your brother to read this and him despair
>>
Nobody can technically be "bad at math". You can be bad at remembering instruction, recognizing operators, or just not effortful. Because it was enough to make you drop out at 13, you very likely have a disorder and arent just a lazy fuck like some of the people I tutored (who were there so they could say they tried).

I used to tutor math at a community college, and during highschool I took so many college courses that gave highschool credit aswell to the point that my highschool had no credit-rewarding math subjects by the beginning of my junior year.
In the miniscule chance that you don't have a disorder and just aimlessley refuse to do math: take my word for it that it can be stimulating (fun really isn't the right word for it).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.