[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an older guy age of 60, been feeling low, depressed,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I'm an older guy age of 60, been feeling low, depressed, even though I take meds. I am super sensitive and so have had problems with social situations or people situations generally. The low is getting worse and I've decided to see my sometimes therapist for help. I think of suicide every day several times. I have money, a caring gf and a grown son I love. I also have a weekly and online support group. But its still bad, this low level state of feeling. I'm wondering if my doctor will have me in a hospital awhile. Idk. Any helpful comments welcome.
>>
Do you have a church or something you could go to? Even if it's just a social thing for you, it might help.
>>
>>17530650
Have you considered finding a hobby? Like painting, music, a sport maybe?
Does your Gf know about your suicidal thoughts? Maybe you should talk to her about it.
Watch a comedy or two, life doesn't have to be depressing, especially when you're 60!
Go on a trip perhaps? Buy an RV or a cruise ticket, take your gf around, tour the country.
There is so much to life, it's not worth giving all of it up just because you're depressed. Keep on living, and never give up.
>>
>>17530650

If you want to kill yourself, you can. It's your life. Realizing this usually helps, because it reminds you about choices.

Exercise, hobbies, caring about new people - these can all help.

At the end of the day, the only person you live with, sleep with, dream with, is you.

People go thru life fearing death - but it's easy to die well. It only takes a moment of courage.

Living well, that takes courage moment to moment, all the time. It's living well that's difficult.

Still, despite everything that hurts, and in 60 years you can rack up quite a few holes (you can get hurt quite a bit over far less time, too)...

... well, the point is, is that humans can get "swiss-cheesed" and keep on going. You don't get that instant cure.

You may never get "100% better" - but you can keep going.

Up to you mate. Only you can do it. But you can do it.

I'm rooting for you. Good luck.
>>
>>17530650
Any experience with weed (try reading some info om good medical strains for your condition) or psychedelics like mushrooms? In my experience they help a great deal to have new insights in your situation!
>>
Definitely talk to your therapist. Might need to change up those meds. Also sunshine or light therapy perhaps? You can get yourself checked in to a hospital if you need it, I think, but I believe it costs money. But yeah, talk to your therapist, tell them what you told us, get the help you need.
>>
Thanks
>>
>>17530650
Agree , a hobby that brings you joy, or better yet volunteering in a situation such that what you do makes a big difference to others. Goes a long way in improving your self- worth.
>>
>>17530650
Tfw ur grandpa posts pepe frogs on the internet and talks about his feels too
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.