[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need your adv, /adv/ Was dating a girl in January. I was bereaved,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (862B, 94x94px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
862B, 94x94px
Need your adv, /adv/

Was dating a girl in January. I was bereaved, and met her at a bar. Turns out she was a goodie-2-shoes and had only slept with one guy. We hooked up and started seeing each other. About 3 weeks in, we started saying "I love you." She asked me for a relationship, I told her I needed time, seeing as how I was bereaved...I didn't want to make any decisions just yet (But I did tell her I'd be exclusive.)

We continue on. I have to move to a different state for work. We go long distance and things get shitty. She "breaks up" with me, but we still talk everyday and say I love you and what not--I felt there was a strong implication that we were getting back together.

Last month, she asked me to come visit her. I texted her back, not answering yes or no (Wanted to feel things out first.) She didn't reply.

A few weeks later, I contact her and she's acting strange. She tells me she met someone and that she can't talk to me anymore. We get into a big fight, as I felt she was just "keeping me on" until she met someone--and considering the fact that I was grieving, I felt it was a bit insensitive.

Am I right to feel angry? Did I get fucked over or am I being a big baby?
>>
She wanted commitment, you didn't commit, and so she found someone else. She doesn't have to wait around for you if she doesn't want to. And an LDR wasn't going to work out anyway. You're butthurt about something you shouldn't be butthurt about.
>>
>>17530359

I guess that makes sense, objectively. The "I love you's" threw me off I suppose.
>>
>>17530369
Like I said, she wanted commitment and you couldn't give it to her so she moved on to someone who could. There's nothing wrong with that, you'd probably do the same if you were in her position.
>>
>>17530369
The "I love you's" were her crying out for you to commit to her. You never did, you lost out. It doesnt make you a bad person, but the timing simply was not right.

>Am I right to feel angry? Did I get fucked over or am I being a big baby?
No right to be angry, you are being a bit of a baby.
>>
>>17530384

Well, not trying to evoke sympathy but I had lost my Dad and Sister in a car accident. So yeah, the timing was definitely off. You are right. I was being selfish in expecting her to wait. I did love her though, which is why I am having a hard time with this.

Our relationship was not the best though, so there were other reasons for not committing.
>>
bvump
>>
>>17530961
Why would you bump this? What in the world are you expecting people to say that you haven't heard already?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.