[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a hard time meeting other people, in particular women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: suicide-bomber.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-bomber.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
I have a hard time meeting other people, in particular women. I'm only interested in friends with whom I share at least one or two common interests.

Online dating has been difficult as of late. Back in 2010, when I first discovered OkCupid, it wasn't popular. Most of the women were unique, quirky or otherwise possessed a personality trait that hindered their search for romantic companionship.

Now everyone with two X chromosomes has joined the website. Most of them are SJW's. I'm more of a second wave feminist with libertarian political beliefs. I also prefer to message back and forth with potential partners for a few days, maybe a week, before we meet. The latter was more acceptable six years ago when users were suspicious of each other. Memories of the Craigslist Killer were fresh. I don't want to waste my time with someone who isn't right for me. Hence, I prefer detailed messages and possibly emailing to make sure I'm comfortable with the other person.

Here's my profile: https://www.okcupid.com/profile/SgtTecCom

What should I do to improve my chances of meeting a women who isn't an aspiring housewife or Kathleen Hanna wannabe? Also, where should a 27 year old go to meet women offline besides bars?
>>
I can't see your profile since I don't have one.
But besides bars there's plenty of locations, but if you're planning on meeting them during night time then the list gets much smaller, maybe nightclubs, restaurants, dark back alleys, idk.
>>
>>17530012
I'm a night-time/weekend afternoon person. Coffee shops seemed like a good place once, but most of their patrons are otherwise engaged in study. It'd be impolite to bother them.
>>
>>17529972
Your pictures suck. Get one of you not looking grumpy and lethargic.
>>
>>17530036
I always look grumpy and lethargic.
>>
>>17530016
Then try a mall or a park.
In a mall you have a wide variety of activities to possibly do.
In a park you're outside, maybe walk for a bit, sit on a bench, if you want to leave you can always do so.
Maybe find a coffee shop that is a bit more lively, as to not disturb other people.
>>
>>17530052
Thanks. Those are good ideas.
>>
>>17530045
Set up a camera and get some scenic pictures with you in them, those look nice and make you look like an outdoors person.
Or maybe smile slightly, attitude is important you know, if people see lethargic pictures of you they might not want to meet you, as you'd be a downer.
>>
>>17530057
Also, if I had to do a profile for myself, a short yet straight to the point biography with a bit of humor is a nice way to let people know about yourself while throwing in some extra laugh points.
>>
>>17530063
I included at least one of me walking my parent's dog from when I lived with them. Should I upload a selfie of me smiling?

>>17530069
My sense of humor is a bit immature. I wouldn't know what to write other than an absurd description.
>>
>>17530477
Try to tone it down a bit I guess?
My sense of humor is pretty dark, but I don't go around making Holocaust jokes all the time. Just, some, times.
Plus, absurd could be good, depending if it's funny or just stupid all together.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.