[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My eagerness to trust and appease others has led me into a very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (7KB, 278x182px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 278x182px
My eagerness to trust and appease others has led me into a very rough patch. I feel like breaking down into tears every day, multiple times a day, which is not usual for me. I feel utterly hopeless and like a complete failure for being stupid enough to trust everyone that comes my way because I'm lonely. Funniest of all, I have to listen to my parents call me selfish when I try talking to them about the difficulties I'm having even though I just l wanted to make them proud in thr first place. I feel like I don't have a single person in the world I can talk to.
>>
>>17528271

This is why therapists exist. If you pay them, you can talk to them and they will help you. Mental healthcare isn't just for nutjobs, it also helps people who are struggling in their day to day life for whatever reason. Seek professional help, they can help you to help yourself.

Good luck.
>>
>>17528277
I want to seek help, but I'm afraid to. There is a huge stigma about mental health in my family for some stupid reason and they just tell me to "suck it up" and "figure it out." I don't know where to go. They act like getting help will be the end of the world. It's incredibly frustrating. I know its out there but I need to know where to find it. I've read a dozen self help and therapy books the past two weeks but I think I need a professional right now. I've been crying on and off all day and I don't want anyone to see me in such a weak state.
>>
>>17528309
Suck it up. You'll figure it out
>>
File: Screenshot_20160825-203458.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160825-203458.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>17528309
>There is a huge stigma about mental health in my family for some stupid reason and they just tell me to "suck it up" and "figure it out."
Fuck what your family thinks about mental health. If you're on the urge of breaking down mentally, now is the time to put yourself first and others next. You don't even have to tell your family that you're going to therapy. If you live with them, say you're going to a bar or something. If you're underaged (I can't blame you, I used to be an underaged poster here myself) say you're going to a friend's house. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>17528334
Cheeky aren't we?

>>17528340
>>17528340
I can't put myself before others. I'm afraid to do anything that would upset my family. I don't know why, but I am. I feel like I'm supposed to owe it to them.
>>
>>17528271
Serves you right for trusting real people.
Remember, real people, especially females, are all scum.
They are all trash that want to use you, even if they don't realise it.

There's literally nothing wrong with staying at home and spending time with yourself.
Noone ever died of loneliness.
>>
>>17528530
I'm neither neet nor misanthropic. I have aspirations and dreams but I feel like my current situation is crushing all of the hope I have left and breaking me down mentally, physically and enotionally
>>
>>17528546
It doesn't matter what you are, people are still trash.
>>
>>17528551
I don't agree with you. Real friendships and relatipnships are worth more than all of the money in the world. The problems arise from our different thought patterns and perspectives.
>>
>>17528271
You are universally loved. Trust yourself.
>>
>>17528518
Please, as someone who wants to help, heed my advice. They clearly don't give a shit about your mental health. Please dear God do something for yourself for once
>>
>>17528763

Seconded, it is okay to be selfish sometimes. Don't let this ruin the rest of your life; get help.
>>
>>17528763
>>17528774

I literally do not know where to start and I feel like i have nowhere to turn without going to my family first. I'm trying churches but no one seems to be there. I need someone to talk to and give me some advice. I can't reach a therapist right now because there's so much to sort out before meeting with one. You guys are great, but I think i need a real counsellor at this point in my life.
>>
>>17528908

Realising is the start, committing and taking action is the hardest part. Do you have any friends you can talk to and have them as your support? How old are you if I may ask? If you're a student you might able to see someone at school as a small step towards/before professional help. Talking to someone is better than holding it all in.
>>
>>17528917
I have friends. I don't want to talk to them about this though because I do not think they would understand. I'm in my early 20s and I've already graduated. I'm cirrently employed but I'm having a very hard time dealing with the stress and keeping track of my emotions all day despite blending in well enough. I wanted to stay longer in school but my parents forced me out in 4 years without letting me change my major because they thought it would have been a waste of money although I'm the one paying for the student devt (they lied to me about having a college find).'I'm startijg to just realize how they have tried to effectively run my life. I appreciate their interest in me but they know less about the modern work place than I do, and I'm breaking down emotionally because I feel like I'm failing them and myself. When I tell them I could have found work somewhere elseand it would be more beneficial for me to go to school again they attack me for wanting to be a "career student", which I'm not, and start making accusations of having to go out and start working again to support me even though I never asked them to. Last week they were yelling at me for being a loser without a social life over the phone. Part of me thinks they're using me as a scapegoat for other issues.
>>
Bump please
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.