[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup adv, I need some legal advice. My car needed to get its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Sup adv, I need some legal advice.

My car needed to get its tires rotated, but my regular mechanic couldn't fit me into his schedule so I went to some random place. I have a nice car so i usually don't do this, but hey, it's just a tire rotation what could go wrong?

My wheel falling off is what could go wrong. Paid the guy and I left. My steering wheel when going straight was at about a 10 degree to the right, so I decided to turn around after going about 500 yards to see if maybe they didn't balance it right or something. I hit the gas as I turned around and the wheel popped off and it destroyed the wheel wall and the fender and bumper. My axle got bent, and a lot of other things were damaged. The guy said HE was going to fix it, but I don't even want his stupid company to fix my modded car since he couldn't even tighten my lugnuts enough.

Also, when they towed my car, they dropped it on the ground, damaging my exhaust system (which cost over 5k for parts and installation). My car is lowered and I told them that they had to let it down easy. They didn't and it crashed into the ground and crunches the tips, the muffler, and god knows what else. I'll add a picture of that as well.

I took photos of the whole incident, my girlfriend recorded some Mexicans talking shit about and mishandling the car.

I really just want it fixed to be 100% how it was and I know this guy won't do it right.

What should I do?
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 749x1008px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 749x1008px
Here is a photo of my car after they dropped it on the ground
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Moar
>>
Try the advice on this page man

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/small-claims-book/chapter16-2.html
>>
that's what they call stance
>>
>>17528237

Well first off:

You get what you pay for and your pay for what you get.

Secondly:

Was the shop licensed, bonded and insured?

That's pretty much it man; it's going to come down to civil court and I think they only go up to a certain amount.

The burden of proof is on you.

Find reviews of their shop, gather all photos, audio recordings, etc. and speak to legal consul .

Next time don't be such a cheap and impatient fuck.
>>
>>17528459

>Next time don't be such a cheap and impatient fuck.

This isn't the place for that dumbass. Pretty sure he feels bad enough without you needing to point it out to him. Grow a brain please. Just tell him what he needs to know. this board isn't to get fucking slammed for your mistakes, otherwise read your post and tell yourself to quit being a fucking faggot and have a little respect for people.
>>
>>17528459
It was a licensed shop. It was just a nice looking mom and pop shop and I didn't think a $30 should that requires tightening wheels could possibly be fucked up. If I had a jack and power tools even my girlfriend could do a rotation. that's like the most basic shit a mechanic can do.

He says he's going to repair it, I'm just concerned it'll be worse or if he will go cheap on me and it'll be unsafe.

I paid for a rotation, not to have my axle, and several other things to be repaired.

I have documented everything and have recorded/photod everything.

FYI I was impatient cause it's a sports car and when my steering wheel is wobbling all over the place at highs speeds I am at risk to getting into an accident, so no need to be an asshole. I could've easily just waited and then lost control of my car due to needing that maintenance.
>>
>>17528370
This really helped, thanks anon.

I will let this dumbass fix it up. I spoke with him and I'm going to bring it to Infiniti to get inspected afterwards, if they deem it unsafe, I will demand for more repairs.

If he refuses to fix, and/or doesn't do it right, this should be pretty open and close right? I have several witnesses, a police report with admittance to negligent work done to it, as well as the damage done to it due to the job, and of course lots of documentation showing what happened as well as the negligent towers messing up my exhaust.
>>
>>17528543

If you have all that info you're in a better situation than most. A lot of people fuck up by not getting enough important info like simply taking a fuckload of pictures.

Also keep track of costs of what this car problem has cost you. You can keep it aside and ask the judge if you can add that to the cost of repairs.
>>
>>17528553
I'm mainly just worried if my axle is fucked up. I've had the car for a few years and added lots of miles. All of my aftermarket work doesn't necessarily add to the value of the car. (I'm a dealer so I know all the market values and how it works). I'm afraid that if the axle is messed up if it'll result in the car being labeled a total loss. I bought it 2 years ago for about 15k, and spent around another 15k on it, but now the clean trade value is only about 11k. Brand new the car was about 60k, so the axle with eveything else could very well be more than the value of the car.
>>
>>17528561

Can you ask your good mechanic to check it out before you take it to the infinity?. Ask him if he can do a simple test to see if the axle is totally fucked. If he can give you a simple "it's fucked", then tell those guys what he said and why he said it. From mechanic to mechanic they should realize that it really is damaged and let them know that there's no way the axle was damaged before this shit and they need to fix it. If they don't you will seek the fee for repair plus any additional costs by small claims court or whatever court you need to go through.
>>
>>17528237
Aight I used to work in a law firm and I know about this shit. In someways your case is a slam dunk and in someways you're fucked.

In you favor:
There is no fucking reason that should have happened. You could have fucking died. This is super serious and there are plenty of cases of this happening and the companies pay out the ass.

The complexities:
The fact that 2 entities are involved really sucks. Each may try and put all of the liability/damage on the other. They may even go full retard and say the towing coming has to pay for all of the damages because the wheel going loose barely did anything, and vice versa etc.

The auto shop may offer you chump change and threaten exorbitant legal fees if you don't take it. I can almost guarantee that the towing company will do this.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Get a lawyer. Ideally, he just sends letters to each company outlining the events and how boned they are liability-wise, and get them each to pay a decent amount. You would absolutely win if you took this to court, the only down-side is it would cost money and it would take over a year to get it from today. But, most likely they settle I doubt either company would take this anywhere near a jury, they do not need the press and would lose.

Good luck! sorry for your misfortunes, but glad you're safe, anon.

>>17528472
I'm pretty sure if you take your car to a shop you should expect it to be done at the very least adequately. It is not unreasonable to expect the wheel to be secured you fucking mongoloid. How out of touch are you?
>>
>>17528578

When did I say he shouldn't expect that?.
>>
>>17528237
>being a stancefag
Deserved it.
>>
>>17528589
when I quoted you instead of the person you quoted by mistake.

sorry
>>
>>17528237
lel those bolts were way to tight.
>>
>>17528237
This is much less than what you deserve for driving a lowered vehicle.
>>
>>17528576
I am going to probably take it to my gf's brother. He works on porche and other highline vehicles so I'm comfortable with him and his 30 years in the field. I'll see what this guy does to repair it then take it from there.

>>17528578
thanks anon. I really appreciate this. I don't want to go the legal route, but I figured it would be pretty open close case. Hopefully these guys understand the magnitude of the situation and avoid this.

>>17528591
>>17528618
Wasn't stanced and is only lowered about an 1inch but it was just because of upgrades I did to the car to optimize performance.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 750x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 750x571px
This is how the car stood before, it looks lower cause of the ground effects on it. Which are factory.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.