[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom is a fifth-grade teacher. Today, some shitty kid deliberately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: patsad.gif (117KB, 242x200px) Image search: [Google]
patsad.gif
117KB, 242x200px
My mom is a fifth-grade teacher. Today, some shitty kid deliberately slammed a chair on her foot, breaking some bones.

What can we do about this? Her foot hurts super bad. Should we beat up the kid?
>>
Tell your mom to be more revealing at work. She could've avoided all of this.
>>
>>17526733
>Should we beat up the kid?
Obviously.
Kid's what like 12 or something?
Old enough to know shit has consequences.
>>
>being a teacher

Just goes to show that making connections with professors is important. If she had, they would've told her not to become one (or at least lean towards teaching adults). Not even all education professors suggest it.

t. English major who escaped becoming a teacher due to professors warning him
>>
She should be taken care of by the school. My mom was a school psych, so let me give you some advice: let it go. She is gonna get treated bad as a teacher, the way to make it better it to accept, like she has, that shitty kids are part of the job. If you really want to help make her feel better, be kind to her, ask about her dsy and what the kids were like. Dont start what will be a long, shity and never ending fight for justice against idiot kids.
>>
>creatures fresh to the world
>expect them not to attack you
Fool she is
>>
>>17526743
>english major
escaped being a teacher but didn't escape being an idiot i suppose
>>
>>17526742
9-10 years old.

OP get over it. Your mom's an adult, she's a teacher. She chose this profession knowing not every day would be perfect. My mom's a teacher aide, I'm a teacher aide, I have plenty of friends who work in schools and I see and hear what goes on with my coworkers. Children do stupid and bad things and that's what they learn how not to do through adulthood. It's her job to address this with her student and her student's parents. Be there for your mom and help her around the house while she's healing.
>>
>>17526760
>doesn't know that non-STEM jobs don't care which degree you have

How's high school treating you?
>>
>>17526771
Not OP, but while you have some merit in that she should expect rough days as a teacher, I also think it's ridiculous to simply ignore something like this.

Imagine that they confirm she really does have bones broken? Who will be responsible to pay for it? Now think about the difficulties she'll face waiting for it to heal. She has to withstand all of this by herself because some stupid cunt acted like an ass in class?
>>
>>17526774
>non-STEM jobs

Those aren't real jobs.
>>
>>17526751

HS English teacher here. This is the best advice. You can't beat up a 5th grader. If anything, it would come back on your mom and she would get in trouble. The school will handle discipline, but be caring for your mom at home.

If you wanted to be hella gay (but potentially effective) you could write a letter to the kid and just tell him some things. Might not be 100% effective, but I honestly think this age group barely realizes that teachers are human beings who feel pain, so something that makes him realize that he was a little shit might help.

This is why I don't teach elementary though. Your mom is doing god's work.
>>
as a teacher she knows that this is what comes with the job. any more incidents tho, your mom should discipline the child. the kid embarrassed your mom, don't you think that this shouldn't happen?
>>
>>17526781
I am still in HS: the post
>>
Doesn't the school have channels to sort out this stuff? She should know if she is a teacher, shouldn't she? I guess you could take this to court and the judge could make the parents responsible for this. I guess it depends on your country.
>>
>>17526802
Why did you give him that (you), my dude?
>>
>>17526777
The school deals with the issues of who pays for it. You're supposed to bring up any injuries caused by a child with the higher ups and then they handle anything from there. She has no business going after the parents of that child or the child in any way whatsoever. As a teacher I assure you she's aware of this unless she's very new to the job and failed to read any of the forms she got when she was employed.

>She has to withstand all of this by herself because some stupid cunt acted like an ass in class?
Yep! That's legitimately something that comes with the territory and is not /that/ unusual. Some people get chairs thrown at them while teaching, or smashed on them as with OP's mom. My mom works with severely autistic children who are incapable of speech. They kick, grope, bite, hit and she has to change their diapers. They're in middle school. I've had kids hit me. It's not a pleasant part of the job, but it's a part of the job and you ARE expected to handle it professionally and gracefully. If you can't you should not be a teacher.
>>
>>17526733
In my day, the kid would be expelled. Nowadays, he'll probably get free therapy.
>>
>>17526733
Find the kids parents and talk to them. If the parents are shits too find their patters, and if their parents are shits too go to their parents
>>
Call the 911 Metro police.
>>
>>17526806
Somebody has to save the youth of America from making the same mistake I did and becoming a basement-dwelling autist with one of those A++ STEM degrees and no job.
>>
>>17526791
No, embarrassment is just a feeling and isn't real.
>>
>>17526733
You arent in the slums of Baltimore or the wild west. The student was punished and parents spoken to..
>>
>Should we beat up the kid?
Of course what else. He surely isn't going to be punished and your mother probably isn't even going to sue the parents.

Don't get caught tho'
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.