[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have/had this friend who recently started belittling me for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: 1411008759326.jpg (116KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
1411008759326.jpg
116KB, 700x979px
i have/had this friend who recently started belittling me for my life choices while framing it as though he's trying to help me. at least that's what it seems like. i'm practically a neet with an ee degree, i just don't see the point in being a wageslave like him. life is ephemeral and this whole notion that we need to do things as society outlined always irritated me. i finished my degree because i am genuinely interested in the topic but the workplace is a cult where everyone below the boss is a submissive tool.

anyway before he started making headway in his career we used to be the best of friends. spent a lot of time making fun of normies for being willful slaves to the system that uses them and peddles all sorts of bullshit to beat the dead horse they are and philosophizing and discussing politics. but now it's all about climbing the corporate ladder and finding a wife to settle down with him. essentially whenever i try to discuss deeper meanings of anything he tells me to shut up in one way or another. he is a very talented engineer who was unappreciated till he started playing the corporate game which is incredibly superficial. they don't care about his work but how he advertises himself and i know it eats away at him but yet he seems to be going though some stockholm syndrome. and i'm too immature now apparently. i want to be friends with him again but i don't want to throw away my principles like he did.
>>
the principles that you are trying to hold onto are laziness

like it or not, society functions by people working. you can just consume resources and not create them if that's what you want, but it iis counterintuitive to
>>
>>17526035
there is a difference between work and this wageslave system that treats people like cattle. i would gladly see this society crumble if it means we can rebuild it such that people are treated as human beings.
>>
>>17525974
Your friend didn't "Throw away his principles;" he grew up. Which is what it sounds like you need to do. Phrases like "Normies," "Wage slaves," and "Willful slaves to the system" are what people who don't want to be responsible use to make themselves sound and feel enlightened so that they don't have to analyze their own life choices.

Your friend may very well be framing his advice in a way that comes across as douchey, but you need to get off your own high horse and stop thinking that you're one of the brilliant few who realized that working for a living isn't fun.
>>
>>17526052
whatever makes you feel superior, tool.
>>
>>17526052
i think this deserves a proper response. responsible to who though? why do we need to be responsible? life is purposeless and meaningless, it's what meaning and purpose you want to give to it.

look i don't use this terminology to feel superior, i genuinely feel bad for cattle like you who get used. i'm not on any high horse i just don't want to be a tool like you guys. you are the assholes who empower those asshole billionaires that make all our lives miserable.
>>
>>17526052
>growing up is submitting to society's framework
when will this meme die?
>>
>>17526066
>i genuinely feel bad for cattle like you who get used.
I spend three hours and forty-five minutes each day working from home, on my laptop, in my underwear, doing something which I have genuinely enjoyed since I was a kid (writing/editing). I then spend the rest of my time playing video games, watching anime, fucking girls, napping with my cats, and hanging out with my friends.

If that fits your definition of "Cattle," you will never in your life be happy. Ever. You don't have to be Dudley Fucking Doright to work, be responsible, and live your life how you otherwise choose.
>>
>>17526091
why is happiness the goal?
>>
>>17526091
also
>be responsible
what's your obsession with this meme m8?
>>
File: boggled.png (575KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
boggled.png
575KB, 500x491px
>>17526066
>look i don't use this terminology to feel superior, i genuinely feel bad for cattle like you who get used.
>i'm not on any high horse i just don't want to be a tool like you guys.
This is the greatest, most self-contradictory pair of sentences that I've read all week. Thanks for the laugh, anon!
>>
>>17526103
What's your goal if not self-satisfied living, friend?
>>
>>17526114
there is a difference between calling a spade a spade and feeling superior about a spade being a spade.
>>
>>17526119
i don't have a goal. goals are pointless in purposeless ephemeral existences like ours. it's used by those in power to herd cattle.
>>
>>17526120
You're right; no wonder I don't feel bad about calling you a tremendous manchild!
>>
>>17526122
If you were spewing any more freshman philosophy major bullshit than that, I might think you were intentionally baiting.
>>
>>17526126
>le maturity meme
won't phase me, you do realize maturation outside biology is a social construction right? even the biological term though relies on schemas.
>>
>>17526130
what is the purpose in life then m8?

also the fuck is 4chan full of normies?
>>
>>17526103
>>17526120
>>17526122
>>17526131
>>17526132
You know, for someone who claims that life and social structures are meaningless, you sure do seem very concerned with people who don't agree with you.
>>
>>17526145
yeah well i'm only human. i do realize this is pointless but hey i do what i want.
>>
>>17526153
but the reason i am concerned is because you guys perpetuate this society that tries to control me and yourselves and i won't go without a fight.
>>
File: billionaires2.jpg (86KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
billionaires2.jpg
86KB, 620x414px
anyway i'm getting bored. enjoy your willful slavery, normies.

remember it's your fault these guys own you.
>>
OP, are you happy?
>>
>>17525974
>I'd be dead if I couldn't mooch off others
>I don't like that my friend is making money and able to afford to do anything he pleases whilst being self sufficient
Maybe he just grew up and you are too busy thinking you can philosophise on society's behalf.
You are not remotely as smart or red pilled as you might think, you ponder by yourself for a little bit of the day, then watch TV/play vidya and are a financial tumour for the rest of it.
Be afraid of the workplace cult all you like, but when your parents throw you out and you struggle to make ends meet because you have no money, don't come crying to us.

Semi related, I spend about 2 months a year living in a commune (you go there and become self sufficient as a part of a community).
I've met plenty of people like you at communes, people like you tend to get asked to leave, or you leave by your own accord when we tell you that discussing philosophy does not mean you get to eat everyone else's food.
You are the sort who whines when you are told to carry things to the next village, you are the sort who insists on bringing his own food and not sharing, you are the sort who doesn't put in any work, but would rather have a chin wag and spend time sitting in a big circle listening to the cunt with the guitar sing Wonderwall AGAIN.

tl;dr your friend grew up, you are a tumour on society, because you think you are serving some higher purpose because you are arrogant, you fail to see this.
>>
>>17526171
>this society that tries to control me and yourselves and i won't go without a fight.
Society already owns you, You aren't self sufficient, I'd love to know how you fight when you can't afford anything.
>>
>>17525974

youre a dumb pathetic loser who thinks they have some monopoly on thought. you dont. get your butt off the couch and do something you fucking maggot
>>
came back. got bored sitting around being lazy.

>>17526197
anyone with decent standards cannot be happy in this reality. 2nd law of thermodynamics is depressing.

>>17526254
>>17526223
>self-sufficient
>relying on a community
lmao, idiot.

>>17526269
>monopoly on thought
literally wut? just because you can't beat my arguments doesn't mean i won thought.
>>
>>17526516
*own thought
>>
>>17526516

>just because you can't beat my arguments

you dont have arguments, youre just a sad sack of shit who came here to post about how everyone else is a "slave to the man" because that's the only framework of examining the world in which you arent a worthless sack of shit.

its ok though, you dont have to be a worthless sack of shit forever. you could make something out of the brief existence you were blessed with. you probably wont, tho
>>
>>17526528
you are a slave to the man though. he holds the resources you need to survive and instead of dethroning him you work for him.
>>
>>17526528
also asserting i have no arguments is a baseless claim that i can dismiss without evidence. i also find it funny how your arguments are all framed from the position i make my arguments from, you realize you haven't refuted the central point this way.
>>
>>17526535

um wat? i'm no slave. there is no "man". i have enough money that i dont have to work if i dont want. i do work that i enjoy because it has intrinsic value to ME, AND others pay me to do it, AND i can quit whenever i want. YOU are the slave, you own nothing and have no one

>>17526539

asserting that you can dismiss my assertion that you have no arguments without evidence is a baseless assertion that i can dismiss without evidence. want to keep dancing? idgaf you pseudo-intellectual goon. you dont have a central point other than whining about your pointless existence

news flash: all existence is pointless. YOU get to make up the point of YOUR existence. if you choose not to, that's your own damn fault, you're just wasting your life
>>
>>17526569
>intrinsic value
no such thing, all value is extrinsic.

>YOU are the slave, you own nothing and have no one
that's not what slave means.

>asserting that you can dismiss my assertion that you have no arguments without evidence is a baseless assertion that i can dismiss without evidence.
which proves my point, you're just attempting to piggyback onto it. lmao.

>you dont have a central point other than whining about your pointless existence
>news flash: all existence is pointless.
thanks for demonstrating your inability to comprehend written language. i said clearly this existence is pointless.

> you're just wasting your life
ah yes the wasting life meme. you do realize by definition whatever you do in life you're living life, right? i love how desperate you are for purpose that you yoke yourself onto some imagined purpose where others can use you. truly sad.
>>
>>17526587

>all value is extrinsic

you cant decide that for other people, moron. if i want to think that all chipmunks are pokemon then to me, they are. your personal opinion on the matter doesnt apply. if i choose to value smooth stones as worth their weight in gold, i can do that. its not up to you.

>ah yes the wasting life meme. you do realize by definition whatever you do in life you're living life, right? i love how desperate you are for purpose that you yoke yourself onto some imagined purpose where others can use you. truly sad.

lol, i guess your jollies come from mouthing off on the internet? what a waste of a human being
>>
>>17526592
>you cant decide that for other people, moron. if i want to think that all chipmunks are pokemon then to me, they are. your personal opinion on the matter doesnt apply.
> if i want to think
> if i want to think
further demonstrating the fact that value is extrinsic. it's all in your head, shitdip.

>lol, i guess your jollies come from mouthing off on the internet? what a waste of a human being
better than being submissive cattle like you.
>>
this whole contrived worldview is just in your head, where it belongs. other people are going to live their own lives and be happy. if you want to just sit by yourself musing about how much smarter you are than the rest of us while you slowly fade into nothingness then just do it. no one will care.

you can choose to be unhappy if you want, it just makes you a pathetic schlub,
>>
>>17526602

>further demonstrating

that actually doesnt, do you know the definition of the words intrinsic, extrinsic, or demonstrate? looks like you DO NOT. lol

>better than submissive cattle

lol, this is nothing more than namecalling. i have a better life than you do in my own opinion, which is the opinion i value most highly. you seem envious of some fictional character known as "the man" whom you will never even begin to emulate. kill yourself.
>>
>>17526603
we all fade into nothingness. in the end we're all equal. your ephemeral happiness is as irrelevant as my realization of your self-delusions.
>>
>>17526613

my ephemeral happiness isnt irrelevant to me, im not happy for your sake. you dont factor into this. your musings are just reflections of your warped worldview. you are not special or smart. you only separation from the rest of the world is that which you impose on yourself out of fear.
>>
>>17526611
intrinsic means in itself. therefore you ascribing value is not intrinsic. this is why we use supply and demand, dingus. because what is the value of 1kg of iron?

>lol, this is nothing more than namecalling.
rich coming from you of all people.

>i have a better life than you do in my own opinion, which is the opinion i value most highly. you seem envious of some fictional character known as "the man" whom you will never even begin to emulate. kill yourself.
the man is obviously an oversimplification. goddamn need that much handholding with simple concepts huh?
>>
>>17526611

>kill yourself

Ah, the kicker. A troll who has lost all ground in debate throws out his last, putrid card: the suggestion of suicide.

Let it be known that I, being of enlightened mind and a cut above the rest of the willing sheeple, on this day vanquished yet another puny mind. Ah, 4chan, never change...
>>
>>17526619
you're the one with the warped woldview m8. you take this society and its memes imposed upon you for granted without questioning them. i don't.
>>
>>17526624

you realize my thoughts are internal to me, right? how can i both internally AND externally ascribe value? its got to be one or the other. -10 points.

>rich coming from you of all people

why yes thank you i AM richer than all people

>the man is obviously an oversimplification. goddamn need that much handholding with simple concepts huh?

(in which the pathetic OP convinces himself that he's more than a sad sack of flesh, he's a BRILLIANT debater who slays foolish mortals)

i mean, you DID come here for advice, right?
>>
>>17526516
>lol you rely on a community
>unlike me, the true Randian ubermensch
I'm a pragmatist personally so this shit makes me roll my eyes. Okay, OP, then how do you live? Even great philosophers need to eat and have someplace to sleep where they won't die of exposure. Do you live in your parents basement? Does mommy pay your rent? Do you have a trust fund? Or do you live under a bridge and eat out of the dumpster? Honestly if it's anything but the last one, then you're in "the system" too so don't kid yourself.
>>
>>17526626

pathetic

>>17526629

lol, question all you want. do you get what you want out of life, or do you change your definition of "want" and "life" until you dont feel so bad about yourself?
>>
>>17526634
>you realize my thoughts are internal to me, right?
jesus christ you're dumb. of itself, not internal. you may think you're worth millions of dollars but that doesn't mean you are. now more importantly what is the intrinsic value of 1 kg of iron?

>(in which the pathetic OP convinces himself that he's more than a sad sack of flesh, he's a BRILLIANT debater who slays foolish mortals)
lol by your logic me thinking i'm god makes me god so. lmao.
>>
>>17526636
oh i know i'm in the system, i just want out. i never said i'm not in it. i'm just bursting people's bubbles when it comes to this independence in society meme.

>>17526637
problem? happiness is a state of mind.
>>
>>17526640

everything is just a thought in your head, you place value on it...? its not hard. stop overthinking

>lol by your logic me thinking i'm god makes me god so. lmao

it does, don't you understand? that's the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT
>>
>>17526646

no, happiness is a word.
>>
>>17526647
>everything is just a thought in your head
no it is not. reality is separate from what we think of it. we can just get very close to describing it.
>>
>>17526649
words have meanings, a bit of an oversimplification: happiness describes certain concentration of neurotransmitters in the brain.
>>
>>17526654

no, reality is just in your head. when you die, reality is gone. that is the truth.

i mean, have you ever taken 5 tabs of LSD and really just let your mind GO??? what you see isnt the world. what you see is what your brain TELLS you is the world. its up to YOU to tell your BRAIN what to do, not the other way around.
>>
>>17526658
LSD fucks with your perception. we have sensory organs that try to give us an idea of the world around us. it's not us creating the world around us.

i get where you're coming from though. when we die the rest of the world is as good as dead. nothing matters after that point. but reality goes on without us.
>>
>>17526657

no, neurotransmitters are just that: transmitters. they arent the media being transmitted.

but thats besides the point... what youre saying is that 4chan is just silicon and wires. its not, though. its an abstraction x layers above that physical contraption. you can teach your brain to think however you like with enough meditation. people have been doing it for thousands of years not because they were stupid/barbaric, but because it WORKS. you think having knowledge makes you superior, but it doesnt.
>>
>>17526665
i said it was an oversimplification. but 4chan is just silicon as another oversimplification. the abstraction is just how we make sense of it. it's like you believe platonism is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMAypyKqVKE
>>
>>17526664

no, you dont understand, what you think of the world IS the world. i can live my whole live just ASSERTING that my name is Grimby Grumby and eventually i can make it stick. i can do this with any number of things. the world is soft clay and you can shape it however you want.
>>
>>17526646
>I'm in the system, but I want out!
>does literally nothing but run mouth and shitpost on 4chan
Yeah, uh, if you want people to take you seriously then *you* have to take it seriously. If "the system" is so bad and awful, why are you still living in it? Very few people are going to listen to what you have to say if you aren't living it. They can objectively see with their own eyes your living conditions. If you're living with your parents/they pay your rent/trust fund, then it becomes "who cares what OP has to say, because their need for food and housing is taken care of for them?" You might have a little traction if you were living off the grid or under a bridge eating out of dumpsters, because then you would be living your ideal. Nobody else is going to starve for your vision if you won't.
>>
>>17526678
undo physical laws then. for me? i'll contribute to society then.
>>
>>17526676

the process of you making sense of something is the process of you CREATING it in YOUR reality.
>>
>>17526684

omfg, its like you learned as a caterpillar that you cant fly and then as a butterfly you just ASSERT that you cant. you can do it. we can all fly.
>>
>>17526679
what choice do i have? suicide? i tried working on bioreactor systems at one point to develop a self-sustaining habitat that recycles my waste and provides me with nutritious algal paste. it can work in theory but atm i have no funds. also what bothers me is that i could spend my life working on this just to keel over and never enjoy the fruits of my labor. not to mention this would be a pet project, i'd have to works somewhere else generating the funds.
>>
>>17526688
>>17526685
there is a distinction between reality and our modelling of it. in the words of george box: all models are wrong, just some are useful.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.