[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got rejected two days ago. I told myself I'd be okay, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

Got rejected two days ago. I told myself I'd be okay, but I'm not.

The apathy is coming back. The loneliness is coming back. The constant negative perspective is coming back.

I don't want to be depressed again. How the fuck do I keep it at bay?

Drugs are not an option.
>>
>>17525586
Why are millennials such whiney faggits?
>>
>>17525588
You can thank social programming for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grmwVG2glL0
>>
>>17525588
How did people deal with this in the 80's and 90's?
>>
>>17525588
It's because the internet lets everyone vent their minds out.
Give internet to a 1960's man and he'll do the same.
>>
>>17525586
Like, from a job? From the woman/man of your dreams? Or just some random person you were hoping to go out with?
>>
>>17525602
A 1960s man was too busy feeding his family because men were men back then
>>
>>17525588
>hurr durr man up fgt

Fuck you, man. I'm 23. Got a job and pay my own bills. Doesn't change the fact that I'm a human with emotions.

>>17525604
From a girl. We've been good friends for a while and I wanted to take it further.

But the rejection is not the issue here, it's the mood change. Everything feels shit. First I become cynical as hell, and then it's 2 years of full on depression. I've been through the same pattern before so I recognize it. I just want a way to escape the pattern.
>>
>>17525598
I'll only give you the shitty sadie episode, but it could easily be argued that it was semi-ironic. The rest of that video is a fucking pathetic attempt to make a great show look "bad"
>>
>>17525611
sounds a lot like me except for the job part, I'm jobless. I think it just goes away after a while. You also gotta really try to make yourself be interested in other girls. The girl you like so much must have flaws you are over looking.
>>
>>17525611
Sorry about the rejection.

Are you okay with the notion of feeling shitty for the next two years over something like this? Do you think there's anything that could stop this pattern in its tracks?
>>
>>17525586
It's not back, it's a wave. You're ready this time so you can do it lil nigga.
>>
>>17525607
>My cultural norms and social constructs are the correct way of doing things and everything else is wrong!

One day, in the far future, our species will look back on people like you the same way we look back on cavemen that raped and ate each other
>>
>>17525611
>From a girl. We've been good friends for a while and I wanted to take it further
>But the rejection is not the issue here, it's the mood change. Everything feels shit. First I become cynical as hell, and then it's 2 years of full on depression. I've been through the same pattern before so I recognize it. I just want a way to escape the pattern.

Say thanks man. Say thank you to the lord.

I've been in the exact same situation as you, to the letter. Except she accepted to date me. We've dated for a bit, then she lost interest in the worst way, made me feel like absolute SHIT, then fucking broke my heart and now not only do I not have her as a friend, I don't have her as a girlfriend either.

There's not a single day in my life that I don't contemplate suicide. I probably will kill myself by the time I get to 30.
>>
>>17525625
Well men and women were happier back then why they had families and a community. Suicide is going up and faggits like OP who enjoy being a whiney bitch are the reason. Wouldn't be suprised if he blew his head off because some chick doesn't want to go out with hin
>>
>>17525618
She got flaws, everyone does. But I don't mind hers. That's one of the reasons why I'm into her.

>>17525620
Drugs did it before, but then I just became an addict. Hence the no drugs thing.

>>17525621
Thanks homie.

>>17525632
I'd rather love and lose than not love.
>>
>>17525616
I think you missed the point of my post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mQaSH1LZBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSkfEjmqlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXi4i2cZdnY
>>
>>17525641
You actually believe that I enjoy responding to the rejection like this?

How about you let your balls drop and become able to grow a beard before you start commenting on human nature?
>>
>>17525632
Did you get to have sex? If I were you I'd try to be all "doesn't matter had sex".
>>
>>17525641
>men and women were happier
Sauce

Also what is "manliness?" Give me a working definition I can use to identify somebody as "manly."
>>
>>17525660
OP here.

It's generally the ability to force emotions into the back of your mind in order to force yourself through strenuous periods in life.

And I mean, I can do that. But I'd rather dissolve the emotions and turn them positive instead of building up latent anger.
>>
>>17525652
Were you raised by a single mother? Because you handle your emotions like a child. Maybe you should focus on your career or bettering yourself and not a piece of ass you loser. Millions of people get rejected and handle much better than you. If you don't want to be miserable for the rest of your life you should start acting like a fucking adult. I can see why you were rejected. TOTAL beta over here
>>
>>17525660
A man is one who puts duty and responsibility over his personal feelings or well being. He is honest, places his friends and family first and doesn't whine on a Chinese picture board about not getting laid
>>
>>17525644
I get what you mean. There's a girl I used to be crazy about 5 years ago. Looking back, I don't really feel too bad about not being able to date her but I still think she had no flaws or at least flaws I don't mind. She really does seem like the perfect person. I haven't heard from her ever since though.
I think some people indeed do give you the idea that they are perfect but as you build your own confidence you start to care less. At least that worked for me. Find things that lift your self esteem up. Get cool clothes and take up a cool hobby like playing an instrument if you don't.
Your self worth is not defined by the people that reject you.
Also maybe it was just the wrong time. For example there was a mega hot girl that was after me in high school. I completely ignored her. To be honest her personality was kind of lame (but everyone is lame in high school) and I regret not doing anything with her because she's sexy as fuck. She probably has some boyfriend now that fits her way better than I would.
>>
>>17525664
Holy fuck, you're absolutely delusional.

Where do you take from my posts that I'm not working on my career or bettering myself? Is accepting the fact that I'm entering a horrible emotional state and actively trying to prevent it not a sign of maturity? Getting over this ASAP is a necessity for me to function optimally instead of becoming a moping piece of shit.

You're playing backseat psychologist for some reason that I believe have more to do with yourself and your own justifications for your actions in life.

And for the record, no, I wasn't raised by a single mother.
>>
>>17525662
That's a pretty broad definition. In that case, "manliness" is anything from DID to somebody that lies to themselves. But if that's the definition, then how do we define strenuous? Do they quit being "manly" if they let the emotions resurface? How can you even tell if somebody is doing this? If that's the definition, then how do you know when somebody is "manly?"
>>
>>17525679
I'm not the depressed faggot. You came to /adv/ and you got your response. Keep being a whiney faggot. Women find that attractive. Or don't and get loads of ass. Idc
>>
>>17525695
Then stop responding. You're bringing nothing to the table but see-through projection and bullshit.
>>
>>17525674
>A man is one who puts duty and responsibility over his personal feelings or well being.
Well, that's a little bit better than the other definition I got, but it still leaves me with questions. What exactly is "duty?" Is responsibility just what you're obligated to do? In that case, how do you determine what is an obligation? Is it based on the severity of consequences? And what does it mean to "put over?" Is it enough to set aside your feelings and well being because you feel you have to, or do you have to be sincere about it? And how can you tell which one the "manly" person is doing?
>>
>>17525684
Well, I don't consider it being a man. That's just the general definition. But you can usually tell when you meet a person who just bottles up their emotions. They're more reserved and tend to be sour cunts.
>>
>>17525714
So it's just a label that you dispense whenever you feel it describes them? In that case, anyone can call anybody "manly" or "unmanly" and be equally right

I'm now the manliest one in this thread, stfu guys
>>
>>17525708
You should stop feeding him mate.
>>
>>17525708
Kys faggot. You're a grown ass man and its not stretch to say you should act like one. Your problems are all in your head. They are not real. It's literally all your fault.

>>17525710
Duty is your job. Put over means You should control your emotions and do your job regardless. And no that doesn't mean the straw man that effeminate males have made about "HURR r u saying real men aren't suppose to cry"
It means you aren't living a selfish existence and your presence is actually beneficial to someone whether that be your girlfriend, employer, family or country. To be manly is to innovate, provide for or lead. To make someone's life better
>>
>>17525586
If you're not going to hype yourself up, who will?
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 750x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 750x452px
>>17525586
We can get you help, buddy
>>
>>17525777
checked
>>
>>17525756
>Duty is your job.
So is any task duty, then? If OP's job was to be a "whiney faggit," then does that mean he is fulfilling his duty? In this case, duty can contradict the repression of emotions, which would make the concept of "duty" a logical fallacy as part of the definition of "manliness." This "duty" argument reminds me of the Euthyphro dilemma; your "job" can be described as a condition of something, IE it is your job to do x or y. This does not necessarily define x or y itself.

Also, is "setting aside" the same as completely repressing your emotions? Or is it enough to still feel and express them, but not act on them? If it is somewhere in between, at what point does it cross the threshold into being unacceptable? And how can you really tell how much of an emotion a person is expressing anyway?
>>
>>17525611
Also 23, with a job and whatnot, and was devastated over a good female friend rejecting my advances like, 2 months ago. Depressmode over it lasted like a few days, nowadays we hang out a bit less maybe but we still bros.
The other depressmode is always there. I think the girls are just a distraction to us, we get happy when we see them, think that maybe just maybe they like us too, and then it keeps us distracted from the monotony.
I could use some advice on how to escape it too, t b h
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.