[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and over that time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: nd.jpg (114KB, 554x741px) Image search: [Google]
nd.jpg
114KB, 554x741px
I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and over that time he appears to have lost his own personality. He always wants to do what I want to do, eat what I want to eat, listen to the music I want to listen to etc. He doesn't seem to want to do anything himself, and he never has any of his own ideas anymore. I love him but it's started to make for a pretty boring relationship since I always know exactly what each day with him will be like. I've talked to him about it a few times and although he acknowledges the issue he says he doesn't know how to begin changing it. Any advice on where to go from here?
>>
Break up with him.

He isn't going to change whether you talk to him or not. He isn't interesting in the least and he goes with whatever you do.

Besides if you break up with this boring sack of crap he might actually remember how to do things for himself.
>>
>>17524888
He needs to start doing things on his own and really want to change.
What happened to him was gradual and he needs to change suddenly now so it is fucking hard for him but he needs to do it for his own sake.
Give yourself an ultimatum e.g. set an objective, in your mind, for him (without his knowledge) and if he doesn't accomplish it break up.
>>
>>17524895
Thanks for your post. I'd be lying if I said the thought had never crossed my mind but he's a great person so I partly feel like I owe it to him to try make this work. He wasn't always this way so I'm still hopeful that it's just a rut/phase, but if it goes on for much longer I'll just have to accept that the relationship clearly isn't working for either of us.
>>
>>17524948
Yeah he definitely does need to change for his own sake. I hope he realises that.

>set an objective, in your mind, for him (without his knowledge) and if he doesn't accomplish it break up
He's told me about the things he wants to improve in his life so maybe I'll just see if he makes any progress towards those goals and if not I'll accept that I have to give up. Thanks for your input.
>>
>>17524888
>He always wants to do what I want to do, eat what I want to eat, listen to the music I want to listen to etc
thats not what personality is you fucking autistic fuckhead.
>>
>>17525124
I also said
>He doesn't seem to want to do anything himself, and he never has any of his own ideas anymore
I don't think someone's likes, dislikes, personal tastes and preferences are completely separate from their personality, personally
>>
>>17525163
>behaviors
>>
I'd say avoid the ultimatums and breaking up. Is this why no one here can maintain a relationship, you're breaking up over the most trivial shit?

Say you miss how he was before and that you'd like to see him be more of his own person. To do that start doing shit without him, don't invite him, ask for privacy. Merging into one person is pretty common in long term relationships and people have to work to avoid it.
>>
>>17525201
That's really helpful advice, thank you!
>>
>>17524888
Sounds like a codependent relationship. You probably like being in control and he likes to be controlled. Now that he's completely under control you're realizing it was never what you wanted.

I'm making some leaps here but it's probably something you should look into.
>>
Maybe he is bored or cant be arsed? Is your relationship repetitive?
>>
>>17525316
I think that's a huge leap from what I put in the OP but if you have time to go into why you think that's the case I'd be interested to hear your reasoning. For what it's worth I don't think that's the case at all, though.

>>17525321
My boyfriend doesn't put in much effort when it comes to plans/ideas/etc for the day, so if I don't put in the effort either then things do get a bit stale.
>>
Introduce himself to returnofkings.com
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.