[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/ I have a fairly unique situation that I’m wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1472797473149.jpg (53KB, 851x479px) Image search: [Google]
1472797473149.jpg
53KB, 851x479px
Alright /adv/ I have a fairly unique situation that I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on.

I’m 20 years old, and have been crippled since birth. I have cerebral palsy and use a walker to get around (think walt jr. from breaking bad). I can walk (with a severely fucked up gait), drive and do most day to day tasks well enough, but I am severely limited in a lot of activities.

Recently I’ve been feeling more and more depressed and I think the major cause is my loneliness.

I’ve never had a girlfriend (closest I got was one date last year), and I can’t help but feel this will never change because of my condition. I’m not completely retarded when it comes to interacting with women it’s just that I don’t think women will ever see me as “boyfriend material”.

Throughout my life I’ve always tried my best to not feel sorry for myself and look at what I can do as opposed to what I can’t, but recently every time I hear about my friends and their significant others it really hurts to think of the situation I’m in.

What do you guys think? Anyone in a similar situation themselves? Am I just being a whiny bitch?

Feel free to ask any question, I’ll be monitoring the thread for the next few hours.
>>
first you get the money and then you get the women
>>
Are there no cripple dating sites?

"sure your spine is broken, but your heart doesn't have to be"
>>
>>17524502
Money is not a problem.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472807223779.jpg (42KB, 720x638px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472807223779.jpg
42KB, 720x638px
>>17524482
Take that confidence in what you can do an exude it without being overbearing. Find women with common interests, but also show slight interest in other subjects they might bring up. Genuinely admiring their aspirations and drives in life works wonders, their interest in your dreams and motivation is what you should watch for. Once you find a potential grill then keep building your friendship and start asking her out to innocent get togethers like coffee, once she seems comfortable enough try movies or dinner. Anyone can find a significant other it's just a hard route, wallowing in depression is the easy route. A majority of women are vapid, but there are some that can see over your condition and realize you can function fine. Stay motivated OP
>>
File: ball+python.jpg (70KB, 665x485px) Image search: [Google]
ball+python.jpg
70KB, 665x485px
>>17524536
>Wrong pic
Have motivated snek
>>
>>17524482
Hey, OP. It is very normal to feel like that. Everyone longs for companionship and you're definitely not a whiny bitch for feeling lonely.

Don't give up on love because you have an illness. Not going to lie, it reduces drastically your chances to find a partner but I think that there are many people who could get over an illness if you use your health problems as a chance to improve yourself and become a better person. And you seem to be like that.

Have you ever tried volunteering? I have probably some less evident problems but through volunteering I managed to meet some really great people, and even find love. It's a really nice environment and it is so much different from what I experience in every day life.
>>
>>17524536
Thanks anon, I think more than anything else i just need to get out there and meet new people. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take right?

>>17524546
Ya, I've done a little here and there throughout the years, mainly just for extra credit in a uni class or something. Definitely a good idea on how to meet people though, i'll give it some thought.
>>
File: full-20.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
full-20.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>17524557
Can confirm you do miss 100% of them, I'm dealing with a divorce from being emotionally detached from the world. We all have our demons OP, stay strong and keep at it. It's a when, not an if.
>>
>>17524566
>miss 100% of the shots you don't take
>>
>>17524570
Oh and don't squander that shit like I did, I'm lucky to still keep my closest friends out of this situation.
>>
>>17524578
>friend
Getting off a graveyard sucks
>>
harmony website or whatever it is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.