[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say you have a very severe psychiatric illness which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Sunset_2007-1.jpg (862KB, 2789x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Sunset_2007-1.jpg
862KB, 2789x1980px
Let's say you have a very severe psychiatric illness which is bound to get worse with time. It affects every aspect of your life (even speech), and turned you from a sociable person with many friends into a cripple.
Most of the time, you don't even realize you have it. And when you do realize how shitty the situation is, you want to kill yourself.

Do you think that killing yourself is the best option in this case? The only reason I haven't done this is because I know that my parents would feel devastated, as I'm their only child.

I guess life was beautiful while it lasted.
>>
>>17523983
What illness do you have OP?
>>
>>17523983

As a schizophrenic, I'd have to say no. Neuroscience is advancing pretty fast. We might see a cure within our lifetimes. It's not so bad if it's medicated, as-is, so I'm just suffering through it.

Bear in mind, though, that one of my paranoid delusions is the certainty that my life is a prison sentence, and if I kill myself I'm just trying to get out of serving my time/break out of jail, because I did something to deserve all this and my pain must be justice
>>
>>17523995
>As a schizophrenic, I'd have to say no. Neuroscience is advancing pretty fast. We might see a cure within our lifetimes.

No. Stop deluding yourself. There won't be any cure in our lifetime. Not to mention, there isn't even any treatment which alleviates the core symptoms - it only manages acute psychotic symptoms.
The decline in social functioning and intellect isn't treatable.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 400x374px
>>17524007

you're behind on the literature then I see
>>
File: tapir.jpg (103KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tapir.jpg
103KB, 1280x960px
Huntington's Chorea?
>>
>>17524042
You can stay in your passive-aggressive schizophrenic fantasy all you want. There won't be a cure in our lifetime.
>>
>>17523983

No, suicide aint even an option. But sitting patiently while watching other people TALK about it until they talk themselves to death over the advisement of your suicide is certainly amusing watch.
>>
>>17523983
I believe killing yourself is a excuse of sorts. I mean if you think about conception, and how much that one swimmer fought to fertilize the egg to make each individual, then to be carried to term, and survive.

Does that not defeat the purpose Op to just give up? I know you may have to live through some very difficult experiences on a mental and physical level, but maybe that will provide insight on some level by helping yourself or others. Maybe you will grow closer to your family, friends, or people you do not even know yet that have the same disease.

Do not label yourself as a specific disease, and understand a disease does not define you. You as a whole define you. Also, never give up on hope. When you give up on hope- life becomes pointless, and therefore we miss the points we could have made by living our lives and experiencing the rainy days to appreciate the sunny ones.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.