[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im taking a rather hard engineering science class at my uni and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1462030416815.jpg (10KB, 261x223px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462030416815.jpg
10KB, 261x223px
Im taking a rather hard engineering science class at my uni and we're striaght up not allowed to ask questions. Period.

We sit in lecture, take notes, and we are given homework assignments. No practice questions, no anything. The homework is graded for full accuracy, and we arent allowed to ask for help on the homework. At all. Ive tried to ask my professor if he could just help me with the concepts of one of my problems, not even giving me the answer straight up, and he refused.

My question is this: can i go to the school board about this? Ive talked with some other students in the class and besides the braniacs/asians, we all agree that this is utter shit. Theres no one else that can teach the class so we're screwed for now.
>>
>>17523904
Sounds awful. You couldn't take a different professor?

Also did you go to his office hours when you asked for help?
>>
You may as well dood, that sounds pretty shitty, especially if you're paying tuition.
>>
do you not have tutorials/labs?
but yes if it's an issue either get a tutor who has done the class before or even one of the nerds or raise it with the uni.
>>
>>17523904
The way you deal with this is to find a textbook with an answer key and use that for practice. I have encountered this problem before and the way that I dealt with it was to teach myself the stuff on my own.
You can buy a chegg account and a textbook with an answer key.
>>
>>17523904

That's what you get for not vetting your teachers.

Look them up on rate my professor then cross reference that with their credentials and/or any accomplishments.

You own fault you fucked up.

And you want to be a engineer?

kek
>>
>>17523939
Read the bottom part of my post....hes the only one qualified....
>>
>>17523904
he's a tool. Get his refusal to help in writing (over email or something) and go to the dean or the head of the dept. with it. Maybe make a petition with other students, with clear greivances and solutions.

Make your cause legitimate, and find someone in the admin to champion it for you. This is why student gov exists.
>>
>>17523904
> Ive talked with some other students in the class and besides the braniacs/asians, we all agree that this is utter shit.
If the students who are actively trying for a good GPA don't have a problem with it, then what your professor is doing is probably fine.
Try harder if you want a good mark.
>>
>>17523956
>no one else to teach the class

Bruh do you read. Or are you suggesting this guy transfers to a different university on account of one shitty professor.
>>
>>17523904
Go to the department's student advisor or undergrad director.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.