[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 26 and have done nothing with my life I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: h&r_block.jpg (173KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
h&r_block.jpg
173KB, 1000x667px
I'm 26 and have done nothing with my life

I don't make enough at my minimum wage job to go to college and my grades from when I went are too shit to qualify for financial aid

Should I do H&R Block's tax prep course and work for them as a tax preparer until I can figure something out?
>>
you should figure out a way to get back financial aid. I'm sure it will be hard but isn't everything at this point? it will be hard at first but I think it's possible you can get it back, from what I've heard about qualifying.
>>
Check Facebook hiring groups first to find yourself a job to pay for school. I did it this way and eventually found myself working for Alaska Airlines later on in life. Then use your local bank to take out student loans. That is, if you're going for a career.
>>
I don't really have any solid advice to give you - I just want you to know that you're not the only person out there experiencing this.

I'm in the same boat as well.
>23
>No job because I have to take care of my elderly parents
>Dropped out of a community college multiple times (one time because my dad got cancer, the other because I started experiencing severe anxiety attacks)
>Live in a small town with no way to apply my true talents on a daily basis
>Feel like I have nothing to show for it

At the moment, I'm making the most that I can of my skills. I run sound for shows, play music with various bands regularly, go to the nearest big city 4 hours away for weeks at a time to act in plays, and I do freelance photography and videography.

I'm doing it all because it keeps me occupied and my anxiety at bay and it allows me to pick up experience and cash doing things I love to do. Problem is - these opportunities are few and far between. I'm just tackling all this in order to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life and to save money.

Try to find something you love doing - something you're talented at - and do it. If you think you'd like working at H&R Block, by all means do it.
>>
>>17523336

USPS is always hiring temporary CCA and PSE jobs. No experience needed. Just a high school diploma or GED and a clean background and a clean piss test. Starting pay is $16 for processing clerks and more for CCAs.

The jobs are physically demanding and require you to work a crazy amount of hours, hence the high turnover rate. They'll work you like a dog, 6 days a week with huge amounts of overtime. And if you work the night shift, you'll get paid extra with night differential.

If you spend a year or two working there and saving your pennies, you won't need student loans. Just go to a city/state college where the tuition is probably like $3,000 to $4,000 a semester.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.