[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, I need some advice. A few months back I was working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1468879428170.jpg (31KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468879428170.jpg
31KB, 639x480px
Alright guys, I need some advice. A few months back I was working a factory job and pulled a muscle in my shoulder, I didnt find out about it until a couple days ater when I left the job because the twelve hour shifts were too rough on me physically, I have scoliosis. Now, I got a new job, but the thing is the pain hasn't gone away, it's gotten a whole lot worse and I'm not eligible for health insurance at my current job till january, but in the last month I've begun experiencing a constant numbness in my left hand and have missed a few days of work simply because it hurts to sit all day and my shoulder stiffens and aches. Basically reached the end of my rope here and plan to go to the er tomorrow to get some tests to see wtf is wrong.

how fucked am I? what are the odds they'll actually give me some pain meds so I can go back to work and not starve and die?
>>
File: image-tools.jpg (149KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
image-tools.jpg
149KB, 465x700px
circle where the pain is
>>
File: chart.jpg (101KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
101KB, 465x700px
>>17523273
basically everywhere circled, mostly in the shoulder blades and in between currently
>>
Getting pain meds? High but they will recommend surgery.
>>
er is gonna be really fucking expensive. maybe ask around, see if there is a shady vet/horse surgeon
>>
>>17523286
do you know what type of surgery would be recommended?
>>17523288
come on man, this really isnt funny for me
>>
>>17523263
the fuck? don't go to the ER you idiot, this isn't an emergency.

make an appointment with a physical therapist and let them run you through an eval.

have you ever iced your shoulder? does it help at all?

rate your pain from a 1-10, 10 being you want to shoot yourself in the face.

does it flare up or is it constant? does it hurt when you sleep?

how did you even hurt both shoulders at the same time? was it an overhead movement?

do you have a loss of mobility/range of motion? does pain start or heighten at a certain position/angle?

these are a small sample of questions the therapist will ask you. then they'll slap on a few hot or cold packs onto you and start shooting electricity through your body.
>>
>>17523294
Dude, I dont have insurance, I'm literally going to the er so they can bill me instead. I live on my own and barely make a living wage, and not eligible for insurance from employer till january, at least read the post first

the pain is constant, have a lot of trouble sleeping at night and it seems to be worse at that time. while typing at work my shoulders will get really stiff and ache and then they'll pop and go on and it just releases more pain. the muscles on my shoulder blades hurt a lot

I have scoliosis and the curve is in the middle of my spine so I know thats helping to throw things off, my left shoulder is winging a lot lately for example and that's making my right shoulder hurt as well
>>
>>17523294
also, my left arm is slightly numb, becoming totally numb at my ring and pinky finger. pain shoots through my arm when I rest that elbow on a surface
>>
>>17523300
>>17523305
the numbness obviously points towards a nerve issue specifically of the ulnar nerve. that's not all that uncommon with these sort of things.

nigga, reach out to family and ask them for some help with PT appointment payments. you don't need to go to a fucking ER. they're going to rape you. why the fuck would you want that sort of medical debt?

the scoliosis can complicate things but a therapist is going to know how to work with it.
>>
>>17523337
you really do not understand the situation, my family is probably worse off financially than I am. It's a sad goddamn state of affairs and now I can barely take care of myself because of this shit, I just need some relief
>>
>>17523341
You can still qualify for market place insurance / medicaid depending on how much they pay you until your job can offer you insurance, just FYI.
>>
All of this sounds like muscle knots and trigger points in your shoulder. This is a very common problem for manual laborers. Even the referred pain, what you think is nerve pain down your arm, the numbness and tingling, can be related to the tight muscles and knots as well as damaged ligaments. Consider seeing a massage therapist who specializes in mayofascial release.
>>
If you want a cheap health insurance option and don't mind pretending to be Christian you could get in on medishare
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.