[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to identify something that I go through. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1463995093514.jpg (327KB, 1000x1455px) Image search: [Google]
1463995093514.jpg
327KB, 1000x1455px
I'd like to identify something that I go through. I'm sure it's not all that uncommon at all.

When a person ignores me, I lose "feelings" towards them. I think I just get over it. Like a sort of "it is what it is" kind of thing.

When my love interest lied to me, I lost attraction to them. Like my dick had a harder time becoming erect and I couldn't stand being around them.

For example:
The girl that I'm dating didn't respond to one of my texts over the course of a few days so I just stopped there thinking "well maybe her phone ran out of batteries, she's busy, out fucking another guy, idk. Better not press it more than that".

A week later she says "hey, sorry missed your message", I ignored it since I figured she was just playing games. She comes to my place and raises hell. Her phone didn't break. She had better things to do than respond to my idle text. I understand. I'm not interested anymore so I didn't respond. This seems fine.

Am I just repressing the truth here? I guess I'm using "acceptance" as a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that people do their own thing? It doesn't seem bad or strange, I just want to understand this better. Any confirmation, disagreement, or insight would be appreciate.
>>
Jesus you are a child. A person has to be on the money with you all the time or else you lose interest in them and start ignoring them like a fag.

You must be a nightmare to be around. People are busy guy, shit happens that is beyond their control and sometimes they can't give you the attention you so surely crave.
>>
>>17523198
The world doesn't revolve around you. Just because of a rhetorical girl is interested in you doesn't mean she has to puts everything else second to you. You haven't done the same for her bu given her the space to breathe so why should she give her time?

What you are is selfish. You have this grand expectation of everyone to grovel for you but it's not like you've done anything outlandish to get the treatment that you think you deserve
>>
First thing -

Try to remain calm about these situations. I have a lot of friends that have gotten extremely angry over unanswered text messages, and they've let their anger get out of control.

Understand that there is a possibility that she's being honest - or maybe she has a communication problem. I know I have a communication problem. I get depressed and overwhelmed by message after message pouring into my inboxes every day. Most of the time, I decide to put off my responses for an hour - an hour turns to a day - a day turns to a week.

There was one time I sort of ruined a hookup with a girl just because I failed to respond to one of her texts in a timely fashion. She asked me a simple question - but I had sort of a complicated and conflicted response. I put off answering the question for a while so I could have some time to think about the answer - and when I got back to her it was too late.

Just (as hard as it can be) keep a sliver of a thought in your head that she might have had something legitimate come up.

What you're experiencing is normal. I've lost feelings for people when they've done something dumb dozens of times.

"Passive aggressive" is a term that comes to mind.
>>
I'm the same way OP. If people don't respond I just kinda get distant. Was texting this one girl recently who suddenly stopped responding. I tried to keep it going for a bit but I just lost interest. She tried picking it up a week or so later but by then I couldn't be bothered.

I feel really shitty about it cause I think I hurt her feelings when I turned her down, but the spark just wasn't there. It's a very empty feeling. Don't really know what to do about it though.
>>
>>17523198
It sounds like you're very sensitive to lack of interest (rejection sensitivity is a psych term that's probably related).
The "when a person ignores me, I lose interest" is one of the healthier ways to cope with perceived rejection. But convincing yourself that their not texting back was on purpose, and then not texting them back as a conscious decision is a bit destructive. If it's something you're legitimately concerned about then talk to the person about it, and hopefully in time you'll trust others more.

Maybe she's lying about why she didn't text back, but it sounds like it was an accident. And even if she didn't feel like texting back and then forgot (e.g. she lied partially) you'd probably do the same unless you're a stricter jesus, and overthinking or overreacting isn't going to bring anything but unnecessary negativity. If you legitimately really don't trust this person or feel like you're being gaslit then that's valid. But it's also a very heft accusation and it sounds like you respect her moral character beyond your inherent cynicism.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.