[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ - it's my first time posting here. Just about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5813.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5813.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /adv/ - it's my first time posting here.

Just about an hour ago at a play rehearsal, I looked down and noticed that my left arm was oddly swollen. I felt it, and it sort of felt like a bruise - but didn't look anything like it.

The bruised feeling got a little worse, but it has sort of leveled out for now. I'm home and laying in bed, and I'm honestly kind of freaked out.

I'm 23 and I don't have any known heart condition, but I do have really bad anxiety - and my mind can get carried away and jump to conclusions fast.

For example, I was just reading about how this could be related to heart problems - and as I was reading about chest tightness, I started to feel tightness in my chest a little. It went away shortly, though, after I had to tell myself it was all in my head.

My arm is a little weak, it's not any sort of insect bite, and there's no redness to it as far as I can tell.

I played piano really vigorously today - but I'm not aware of any muscle in that area of the arm that could become swollen from playing piano.
I also took a shower a few hours ago - and sometimes soap irritates my skin, but I don't think this is related.

To be completely honest - I haven't done much all week and I'm sort of stressed about a couple of performances coming up in the near future - plus I'm going out of town next week. I haven't really been that active all week - I've mostly spent my days in bed and eating unhealthy.

I've also been really tired lately - but I get like that sometimes due to my anxiety/depression.

Any advice on what I can do to get this swelling to go down? Or any thoughts on what this might be?
>>
Update: swelling seems to have sort of gone down a little. Arm still feels a little weak.

I also felt a slight tingle in it a minute ago - a very dull tingle.
>>
Sounds like anxiety to me.

Had similar symptoms before my finals back in April.

Go to your local pharmacy and get your blood pressure checked mate.
>>
>>17523161

See - I've had all sorts of psychosomatic symptoms with anxiety over the years, but never something like this. In the past it's always been shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, increased heart rate... This is something more physical - if that makes any sense.

I don't doubt you. In fact, I'm not really that stressed about it, because I am trying to tell myself it's just anxiety or some little problem that will go away.
>>
>>17523171

Then go to the doctor. It really is that simple.
>>
>>17523093
Did you hit your arm on anything?

Also you shouldn't really worry about it, it likely is just strained in some way. Piano playing and other activities with your arm can certainly trigger swelling and tinglyness, having to do with certain nerves or muscles or tendons getting a bit stressed or worn. It just happens now and then.

If it's still a problem in a few days to a week then you should consider seeing a doctor, but it's probably nothing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.