[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another post asking about depression, I've greentexted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: lpwfte.jpg (162KB, 999x830px) Image search: [Google]
lpwfte.jpg
162KB, 999x830px
Yet another post asking about depression, I've greentexted for brevity's sake.

>22 about to be 23
>Been depressed for a long time
>No goals I'm willing to work towards, no reason to wake up in the morning
>Never been seriously interested in a romantic relationship
>Had a grand total of 3 "friends" by 21, now have none
>Went to the doctor about it, tell him things I would only tell someone very close to me
>Doesn't give a shit, gives me Zoloft and calls it a day
>Stop going after the third visit, stop taking pills

And a bunch of other stuff which no one wants to hear about.

What do I do now?

I'm reaching the point where I'm beginning to actively hate everyone for simply existing, probably due to the isolation and negative experiences.
>>
>>17522317
Go to another doctor. I went to three therapists before finding one I didn't want to slap.
Also - Start doing something active with your life. Work out, shower, study, clean around, read, whatever. Just do something.
>>
>>17522317
Forgot to add, I want to kill myself too.
Silly me
>>
Doctors' and psychiatrists' jobs are to prescribe medicine. Ask for a recommendation to a psychologist. It's their jobs to listen to you talk, teach you coping mechanisms, and help you change your thinking patterns. Also don't stop taking antidepressants like that, you didn't even give them a chance to kick in. Antidepressants aren't a cure-all but they make doing the legwork to actually improve your life and return to a baseline of normalcy easier. They're important.

In the interim, here are some things you may find useful.
http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/06/16/things-that-sometimes-help-if-youre-depressed/
www.getselfhelp.co.uk
The latter is recommended by actual psychologists and psychiatrists in the UK for non-urgent patients, they ask them to do a few weeks of CBT to see if that helps and then come in if things aren't improved enough on their own. It's no substitute for professional help if you need it, but it can be a useful tool.
>>
>>17522321
I tried building a schedule to keep myself busy but it just feels draining doing each task for what feels like no reason.
>>
>>17522336
I was on 50mg of sertraline for a month then 100mg the month after that.

Thanks for the resources though, I'll see if they help.
>>
>>17522358
Was it helping? It takes time to find the right doses and right kinds of medication, and you have to give your doctor/psychiatrist feedback so they can find the right combination of drugs that work for you.

But like I said, if you want to learn what you can change in your life and have someone who you can talk to, you need to find a psychologist. Having both sides of it is ideal and offers you the best chance to learn to push through your depression, so I strongly recommend you do both. Good luck Anon.
>>
>>17522347
Take one thing at time.
I started by waking up early. I still didn't do jack shit all day, but it was a first step.
Then I started showering every morning.Then I stated eating regularly. Then cleaning around. Then running. Then reading.
I failed many times. But I forgave myself and tried again.

I found writing down what I wanted to get done helpful. The night before I wrote a list of things I wanted to do and then did it. Like, maybe not every day but most of the time.

I am trying to find a post about motivation I've read on reddit that was actually good, it helped me lots.
I will link it to you if I find it.
Don't give up.
>>
>>17522317
Ex-depressed 23 year old ex neet here.
Start going to the gym and lift heavy things. I'm being serious, you have no idea how good it actually feels. Body weight routines that need no gym membership also work, but you need to be hard on yourself. Exercises make your brain dish out that sweet endorphins, that in turn make you a happy-ass motherfucker. The fact that you're getting ripped helps as well.
Now you should invest that happiness and streingh in some long-term thing. Think about the things that you enjoy, and try doing them on a higher level. Maybe learn a new language you always wanted, start playing chess, get into food business industry, I don't know man.
And remember: if nothing works, you can always move to a Buddhist monastery in Korea.
>>
>>17522416
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>17522456
Bodyweight sounds good, I'm pretty much a hermit anyway. Thanks.
>>
>>17522468
Go outside. In your backyard, on your porch, anywhere you feel comfortable. Bring your laptop or something if it helps. Just get outside because being in light with the same lux as, essentially, sunlight has been shown to help with depression.
>>
go to /r9k/
you're welcome there
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.