[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>female friend complains to me that her boyfriend doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: UszzgL6.jpg (331KB, 960x578px) Image search: [Google]
UszzgL6.jpg
331KB, 960x578px
>female friend complains to me that her boyfriend doesn't want her going to a club (at least not without him)
>she's never gone without a boyfriend before
>I tell her that she should let him come with her because guys will be hitting on her left and right and trying to get her to have sex
>"teehee anon that's silly, clubs are for dancing not hooking up. Guys there are just friendly"

Do women just not understand what clubs are for?
>>
>>17521931
Yes, they do understand.

Do you not understand how shit women are?
>>
>>17521931
They understand and are evil and manipulative
>>
>>17521931
Let's generalize based on one woman. Great thread.
>>
>>17521959
>generalize

No, every woman I've met seems to think clubs are for dancing instead of hooking up. Why do they think guys are there? Guys hate dancing on average.
>>
>>17521959
Get out of here!
>>
>>17521959
It's not one women you fucking retard. I've mathematically calculated how many decent women there are in the world and it roughly averages out to be there is a decent woman every 1.8 square miles on the earth.

Don't get me wrong though, there's a ton of shit guys but i'd be willing to bet a decent guy is every 1.2 square miles. maybe less, but this is just a guess/estimation.
>>
>>17521931
>Do women just not understand what clubs are for?

WOMEN do, and acknowledge it. Girls...do, but pretend not to for their convenience.

I remember having almost this exact conversation with my buddy's fiancee where she made it very clear that she enjoyed clubs, but recognized that they are a toxic element to a relationship.
>>
>>17521965
Maybe they're right and clubs are for dancing? Women often don't go to clubs to hook up with random dudes. I've been clubbing with a lot of female friends and very rarely do I see any of them actually try to hook up with strangers (I'm a guy by the way)
>>17521969
Honestly not sure if you're trolling. I'm sure a lot of people here would actually believe this.
>>
>>17521990
>very rarely do I see any of them actually try to hook up with strangers

Of course not. Anyone who isn't a complete whore isn't gonna make a regular thing of sleeping with people they've barely known for a couple of hours.

They go for the attention (and maybe in hopes of meeting someone that they want to meet outside of the club context), not the prospect of sex. You think anyone -- guy or girl -- dresses up for the club because it makes it easier to dance or because they want to look good for the same sex? No. Dudes are there trying to grind on and hook up with girls, and girls are there to enjoy the attention that comes from dude's attempts to do so whilst enjoying the ability to accept or deny such advances at their leisure.
>>
Think of clubs like an IRL tinder. She not actually going with the intent of hooking up, she most likely just enjoys the attention and validation she gets. Plus women do actually enjoy dancing.
>>
>>17521990
>>17521990
I'm half trolling, I actually did work that out a long time ago, there's definitely some bias worked into the equation(but there might not be, I can't tell) but i tried getting a good % of the female population based on a bunch of different things(mental illness, divorce rates, sex averages) bunch of different stuff. I could re-work it out again if i wanted, but I really don't actually give that much of a fuck. And unless I publish a paper, don't take it super literally.
>>
But don't you think for one minute that she wouldn't hook up if she finds someone she wants to hook up with
>>
>>17522011
I'd agree with that - everyone is an attention whore (men and women). I'm just tired of every other thread being a why do women _____? and every turbovirgin on the site saying shit like
>>17521937
>>17521969
>>
>>17522023
Nothing I said was false, doesn't matter if you like it or not
>>
>>17521931
Here's an idea - she lied to you to save face
>>
>>17522023
Understandable, and yeah they're going overboard by saying women are wholly manipulative/evil or whatever, but I would say the annoyance being espoused is warranted.

It's coy to act like the club is innocent fun when we all know that it is almost entirely about varying transactions of sexual attention. And when someone acts willfully ignorant of this, or worse yet, like YOU'RE crazy or insecure for taking issue with a committed partner willingly putting themselves in such an environment, it leaves little room for conclusions other than "this person is either naive or actively employing emotional manipulation to get their way."
>>
>>17522037
I don't think it has to be naivety or emotional manipulation. Some people just want to dance (maybe they wouldn't dress as suggestively though). Saying someone can't do something because it makes you uncomfortable is manipulation in my mind though.

That said, some people do use clubbing among other things as a way of making people jealous which is wrong.
>>
>>17522052
Indeed, there are some people that just enjoy clubs for the music/dancing/crowd. Nothing naive or manipulative about. But it IS naive/manipulative to act as if there isn't more to it than that for vast majority of people who frequent clubs.

Basically, it's less about what the club experience is for YOU, and more about what it is for everyone else. You don't get to live in some magical bubble that is "I'm just here to dance and mind my business" like none of the other stuff is a factor, ESPECIALLY not as a woman because people are going to actively approach you.

Plain and simple, if you're a girl at a club, at all dressed for a club, dudes are going to make advances. Now, if you want to exert your right to go where you want, do what you want, look how you want, and are entirely comfortable exerting the effort to turn away those guys because you have every right to enjoy the club in a way that suits you, then I commend you. (Just remember, that they are equally within their rights to approach an intriguing stranger to see if they're interested.) But you DON'T get to act like that kind of male attention isn't a given at a club. Which then raises reasonable suspicions in a relationship if you continually put yourself in that environment because it implies that you either (i) want that kind of attention or (ii) are totally unfazed by that kind of continual unwanted attention interrupting a night of dancing/boozing with friends, which is dubious to say the least.
>>
>>17521969
Why do so many /r9k/ type dudes write "women" instead of "woman" when it's supposed to be in singular? Does it stem from being retarded?
>>
>>17521931
Yes they understand, no they don't care
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.