[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok I'll cut straight to the chase: I'm 20 years of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1472431361714.jpg (511KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1472431361714.jpg
511KB, 2000x2000px
Ok I'll cut straight to the chase:
I'm 20 years of age with a lot of health problems. Because of these problems, it's hard for me to find work. I have carpal tunnel+tendonitis in my hands, meaning it's hard to work on computers for extended periods of time. I also have lower back problems from heavy lifting during highschool. These are just a few of my health problems. What sucks is that while I'm focused on trying to live a healthy life, I sacrifice work experience and volunteering experience. Also im going to school at the same time which makes more complications.

TL;DR
Is focusing your time to become healthy, sacrificing work/relationship experience, worth it in the long run?

It sucks because I don't feel like I'm "living" the life I want; I'm not living an interesting life...yet.
Is there still time for me to work on "living"?
>>
>>17521604
Sorry if this all sounds confusing. I'm on my phone and typing sucks
>>
unless you're actually dying from something, yes, you have plenty of time. it's good that you have ambitions. you're learning early on what a lot of older people know - that your resources are limited and you can't do everything you want, or you have to do them more slowly.

what I would be doing is trying to find a way to focus on being healthy while doing one other thing well - in your case, school right now. then pursue friendships and relationships as you can fit them into your schedule, both time-wise and energy-wise. it sounds like that's all you can keep on your plate right now, and that's ok.

the thing about having multiple health problems is that if you neglect your health at any point, you could just send everything down the shitter and end up completely disabled just from the sheer combination of worsened health problems. so that's going to have to come first. hopefully in time some of them may solve themselves by going away, or become easier to manage. this has a better chance of happening if you focus on your health.

however, it may not get better. make sure you are seeing your doctor enough for your medical records to accurately reflect your condition. keep any records of incidents where your work or school was impaired by your condition. just keep tabs on it. then once you've finished school and spent a year or two trying to work - if you really find that it's just not feasible with your health, then apply for disability. you'd still be able to work part-time and earn a certain amount of income, but you'd have that additional income so that you don't have to constantly run yourself past your limits in order to have a half-decent life. I would consider that a last resort though.

do what it takes to stay healthy. look for more efficient ways to stay healthy, or more fun ways to stay healthy, so you don't feel like it's sucking away quite so much of your life. and go to school. you have 60 years to worry about the rest of it. gl OP
>>
>>17521806
Thanks bro, seriously.

I feel a lot of pressure from my parents and my brother to start making myself independent and pursue my career. It's tough though, since I can never really do long sessions of physical work im sure most job options are limited.

It's just frustrating since I do want to start being more independent, yet as I keep living it seems that more and more complications seem to arise and I can never get where I want to be.

It's almost as if I'm behind where I "should" be at my age.
>>
>>17521604
quit the video games
>>
>>17521604
I don't see how trying to have a healthy life interferes with school or work. Surely you can do both.

Meanwhile, look for workarounds. Voice recognition software can help you work on a computer without typing, for example, and certain kinds of chairs are better for your back.
>>
>>17521904
I more worried about getting a job just so I can get income while focusing on my career.
But with trying to be healthy, i have to squeeze in physical therapy, chiropractic, doctor visits, hospital visits etc, and I feel that it might get in the way of relationships and work. It's doing ok with school right now, but i just feel like im going through life really quite slowly.

Right now I have a standing desk for my laptop and work area, i have speaking software too.

I don't mean to complain but it seems like everyday there's always something i gotta deal with. Obviously there are some people who have it way worse than i do, but I'm just starting to realize where I am in my life and how I need to organize everything.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.