[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if it's in my genes to not be happy? I want to be optimistic,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1439814762747.png (112KB, 397x373px) Image search: [Google]
1439814762747.png
112KB, 397x373px
What if it's in my genes to not be happy? I want to be optimistic, positive and happy out of nothing, but it seems like my brain isn't producing the needed substance at all.
>>
Get drugs, either the legal or the illegal kind, that's up to you.

Whatever keeps you going mate.
>>
>>17521329

It's entirely possible. Go see a mental health care professional and they can recommend treatment for you. That's why they exist, so that people don't have to live in misery.
>>
OP I've thought the same thing many times
>mom depressed
>dad depressed
>brothers depressed
>im depressed
>try antidepressants
>no difference
>try CBT
>not doing anything
>work out and meditate
>helps a little but im still sad most of the time
>smoking weed and drinking are the only things that make me genuinely happy

Welp
>>
cigarettes and self loathing is the way to go
>>
>>17521329
Yes, from studying basic psychology in school there has been a study (can't remember the name) that showed certain allele conditions can predispose someone to getting mdd (depression), particularly as a reaction to stress in life.
>>
>>17521355
Me again, the study was by Caspi et al. (2003)
>>
>>17521329
I believe this is called neurosis, basically it means some people are naturally more negative in general than others. I feel the same, I want to be happy and I try but no matter what I do, where I am or who I'm with, I always feel miserable, or at best I temporarily forget it, and then it all comes back afterwards.

That being said, it's not impossible for people like us to feel happy, and I do feel much better now than I did a year ago (when I was suicidal). I found it helped to accept that I'm a negative person and find ways of alleviating it. It's a constant struggle but it's better than sitting around being depressed.
>>
>>17521341
That sounds like a depressing environment to live in.

Cut the dead weight and move out, not somewhere local, somewhere far away and fun.
>>
I can't feel happy worth a shit even on Christmas.
>>
>>17521341
>Drinking to cope with the depression
http://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/alcohol-and-depresssion

Anon that is extremely unhealthy and will just make your problems worse. Please stop doing it. For one there's a high risk of misusing the alcohol and drinking too much of it to get the desired effect of masking your symptoms. So you'll probably end up making the depression worse as you harm your body from drinking that much.
>>
Moderate weed use helped me a LOT with my depression and self-esteem issues.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.