[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been pressuring a friend who is not doing well to give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (37KB, 337x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 337x423px
I have been pressuring a friend who is not doing well to give me back money he has borrowed. Now I think u should just let it go.

What's a good way to say that without appearing as if I am doing this for charity / pity? (He is a very sensitive person!)
>>
>>17521117
How much dough is it?

Hire some guys to rough him up a little.
>>
>>17521119

$200

He has written me a check and I can fuck him up with it...

...but, I really think I should let it go.
>>
>>17521117
loaning people money like never goes well,
it just makes socializing super awkward even if it was well intentioned.

You can phrase it in terms of there's no time prerogative and that it's just a drop in the bucket for you. He'll probably still feel guilty about it indefinitely and it will probably hurt your friendship.
>>
>>17521124
The best way to do it, assume you truly just want to avoid hurting his feelings and finical situation, is to not cash the cheque and just not bring it up anymore. At worst, he'll eventually ask why you didn't cash it, and you can either be like "I did" or "oh I'll get to it" but I doubt he'll ask.
>>
>>17521117
>What's a good way to say that without appearing as if I am doing this for charity / pity?

I am interpreting this to mean that the money is not a big deal. But, you dont want to set the precedent for your friend thinking they can borrow money without returning it, whether it be you or anyone.

Given that assumption simply tell him how you feel: Hey, I just wanted you to know that i have been expecting the money you borrowed for quite some time. I know that it may be impossible for you to do so currently. If you had asked for money outright, i probably would have given it to you. But it is frustrating that i gave you money with the expectation of being paid back and i havent heard anything from you whether it be why you cant pay or when you will be able to. I have tried to communicate with you, but you close up due to the sensitivity of the subject. I do not expect the money back, but it does not change the fact i felt i have been lied to. I hope we can redevelop trust in one another in the future.]

TLDR lay that guilt trip on thick.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.