/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my mom died yesterday. the most surreal thing and heart dropping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 42.jpg (172KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
172KB, 1920x1200px
my mom died yesterday. the most surreal thing and heart dropping feeling ever was feeling my my mothers cold face.

what should i do to relieve some stress?
>>
you got any hobbies? do them or play vidya games if ur into that just anything to keep u busy and to take your mind off it
>>
Exercise a lot. Think about the happy times with your mom. You knew this day was gonna come eventually, accept it. No one is gonna live forever.

Spend some time with friends. Don't stay in your head too long.
>>
consume
>>
>>17521103
>>17521107
seconding these. spend time in nature and spend time with people who love you.

I am sorry for your loss, OP.
>>
Also don't be afraid to cry
>>
I'm sorry op.
Do things you love, focus on yourself. Don't let yourself spiral into a dark place. It's hard op but you can be brave.
Doing something physical would be a great stress reliever, so if that means putting your time into a new hobby that would be even better too. Sports, yoga, simple jogging, and if you like singing maybe even that?!
>>
>>17521137
the biggest thing is that im still a student. mom was fairly young. she was only 39. its just hard to deal with this and school at the same time right now
>>
>>17521151
to be honest i am really sad about all this. but i haven't cried at all. dont get me wrong i loved my mom but just haven't felt like i could cry.
>>
File: 1467792874466.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467792874466.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
>>17521163
I never knew my grandmother, but that's about the age she was when she died. my mom was 19 and in college. idk how she managed to get through it, just that it was hard.

most college campuses have counselors, usually at no cost to students. might not hurt to talk to one.

also if you feel like it's affecting your studies, talk to your professors about it. don't expect a bunch of special treatment or anything, but most of them are human beings. if you're in a rough patch emotionally and need an extra day to finish a paper, ask for it. worst they can do is say no.

>>17521167
you will. sometimes people don't cry right away. it'll come when it comes.

a good cry followed by a good night's sleep can do wonders in helping a person get through day to day.
>>
Remember it's okay to be sad.
Remember that it's also okay to be numb.
Remember that it's also okay to be happy. You're not "betraying your mom" by laughing.
>>
>>17521099
read camus "the stranger"
>>
My mom's only 19 years older than me. I guess I'm kinda lucky not to have an older mom, but if my mom did die now, I don't know what I'd do. The most important person in my life really.
>>
>>17522473
that's kinda hot
>>
>>17522476
Well, I'm 24 now, which is weird looking back on when she was 24. She already had a 5 year old kid, and was divorced. I'm sitting here alone lol.
>>
Man, if you cared about the deceased, dont ever mess with its face. Every dog and cat Ive ever had, Ive had to bury them myself, and the shittiest part is always throwing that first shovel full of dirt over their face.
>>
In all honesty I think you should get used to the idea and accept it. Take a few days off and take that time to remember her, accept that she's not here anymore and cry, if you feel like it. Yeah, I know I'm telling you to be sad, but it helps in the long run. Less residual emotion.
>>
I'm sorry for your loss anon. I'll say a prayer for you if that's okay.
>>
>>17522489
Thats why i bury my cats wrapped in their favorite blanket.
>>
>>17522667
>cats wrapped in their favorite blanket.
>cats
>favorite blanket
>thinking your cats have an opinion and that they know what a blanket is
>>
>>17522673
Let me have my grief, you piece of shit.
>>
>>17521099
Surround yourself with family/friends, it's what they're there for. It'll hit you hard and you'll want to make sure you're in good hands.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.