[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving out of my parents' place tomorrow and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1471973378242.jpg (355KB, 497x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471973378242.jpg
355KB, 497x800px
I'm moving out of my parents' place tomorrow and I feel like the emotions I've been suppressing about moving out have caught up and bitchslapped me in the face tonight.

My parents are really great people and I love them to death. They raised me well and even fully paid for my time at college. I'm extremely grateful for that.

At the same time though, I'm worried about them. Mainly my dad. He lost his job recently and he's always talking about his job search, and it always turns up depressingly dry. My mom is extremely carefree and has been coasting off my dad's annual six figures for decades, engaging in many different hobbies and spending his money wherever she likes. The well is running dry now though, and I'm worried about what my mom will do when my dad finally has to say "no" to her requests - not because of finally putting his foot down, but because of the well running dry and simply not having the money to spend on random hobbies.

If he doesn't get a job by the end of the year, then he might lose the house.

There's nothing I can contribute in terms of money. But I feel like going away like this is going to be really hard on my dad. He's always bouncing ideas off me and having talks about politics and his job, things he can't do with my mom since she avoids those things like the plague and lives in ignorant leisure.

tl;dr I feel like I've been the chain link keeping the family together, and I'm scared of what will happen when I move away tomorrow. What's the best way to offer emotional support from an hour away?
>>
>>17520861
you have a phone/internet
call them once every day or two, keep in contact and shoot the shit, if theres something seeming weird, ask about it and offer your support
its out of your hands, and even though you feel responsible, its nothing you can really affect
>>
File: follow your snake dreams.png (223KB, 568x621px) Image search: [Google]
follow your snake dreams.png
223KB, 568x621px
>>17520861
>>
I talk with my parents on skype a lot. You can also visit on weekends.
>>
It's not your fault.

It's not your responsibility to keep anyone happy, unless it's your s/o.

Don't have this guilty mindset or you will be depressed. It is not your fault for your parents' problems. Don't let other peoples' shortcomings drag you down.
>>
More like your dad seems great, your mom not so much. Seems like a bitch desu. You are not to blame for what happens to two fully grown adults. Maybe she should also start searching and help out a little at the least. If she isn't taking it seriously then maybe they should part ways.
Actually that's not even a maybe. She's driving your dad into these problems.
You can always call your dad, plan a really nice visit here and there. Maybe even have them or him find a cheaper house in a new area where there might be more chance of work?
>>
>>17520861

Telephone / FaceTime / Skype

I felt the same when I moved out, and even voiced it to my parents. Dad told me I had my own life to live, he had his. I'm always available at he end of a phone anyway if they want to chat
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.