[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how legit is PUA? also, what skills can help me pickup girls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1436872977817.jpg (24KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1436872977817.jpg
24KB, 385x385px
how legit is PUA?

also, what skills can help me pickup girls (knowing a language, play a music instrument, literature, film)?
>>
>>17520336
>how legit is PUA?
Rejection is not worth being afraid of.

I have just told you literally the only thing PUAs have ever said that is not complete bullshit. You can safely ignore the rest.
>>
>>17520336
>how legit is PUA?

It's bullshit. Better to read up on general social skills, they come without the bullshit.

>also, what skills can help me pickup girls (knowing a language, play a music instrument, literature, film)?

Having a skill only works if you're really passionate about it. You are not some movie character. Find something you actually think is interesting, something related to a childhood hobby or whatever, just something that sparks your interest and gain that skill. Force yourself to practice, get better at it. Gives you something to talk about, and it'll be real. People see through that crap when you're only learning shit to get in their pants or impress them.
>>
>>17520344
This.

Skills to have to meet girls though. Be confident. Remember FORD for conversation if you get stuck talking about stuff (Family, Occupation, Recreation, Dreams). Avoid RAPE (Religion, Abortion, Politics, Economy).

Honestly confidence is like 99% of the game. If you don't fear rejection/make a big deal of it, it'll be a lot easier.
>>
>>17520336
It works but it doesn't feel authentic to me so I just do my own thing. I don't pull as much but I'm happier this way especially since I have issues with sex and emotions. Just work on things your passionate about, guitar, sport, whatever, or it'll feel forced. Half of PUA shit is learning not to force anything.
>>
>>17520371
>Avoid RAPE (Religion, Abortion, Politics, Economy)
What about actual rape?
>>
>>17520499
Also good to avoid
>>
File: 1469384239653.jpg (14KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
1469384239653.jpg
14KB, 341x341px
>>17520336

Self confidence attracts women, not investing your time into doing things you don't like that you think women like. It might work in the short game but once any girl gets to know you they'll realize you're a complete fake ass.

Work on yourself, feel great about yourself; about your ACTUAL self, not just your muscle definition or 401k. Once you've completed that rejection won't bother you so much and you'll get the hang of selling yourself.

Long story short, "picking up" girls is a bit of a sales pitch. If you aren't confident in the quality of your product, the consumer will notice and they won't buy.

PUA is full of shit, to answer your question though.
>>
>>17520371
>Avoid RAPE (Religion, Abortion, Politics, Economy)

I disagree on the first one. If you're someone looking for a longterm relationship and religion (or the lack thereof) is really important to you, you really should talk about it.
>>
Another notch to PUA's being totally retarded, self-confidence is key.

I'm the nerdiest person in my group of friends by far - vidya, D&D, stationary, don't like sports, don't like TV, don't drink, don't do drugs... Elementary school through high school I was bullied, felt tremendous social anxiety, and always was the outsider, had like 1 or 2 friends. As I've gotten older I was forced to become comfortable with myself and now I don't feel the need to impress anyone or be the center of attention. I also started take care of myself with exercise, healthy diet, etc. Nothing crazy, I don't lift or anything so I can't speak as a /fit/izen.

I feel like I'm able to attract lots of different amazing women pretty consistently just by being comfortable with myself. I don't talk like a caveman or some alpha or whatever, no pickup lines or anything. I've connected with women over topics like hockey, mayonnaise, writing letters on stationary - it really doesn't matter. If it's rehearsed it will sound that way.

Just be an interesting human being, the rest takes care of itself. Being genuinely passionate about something - it doesn't matter what it is, so long as it is something YOU are interested in - will make people notice and want to be around you.
>>
File: stayathomeson.jpg (36KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
stayathomeson.jpg
36KB, 640x469px
>>
File: 1471105108907.jpg (722KB, 2225x3337px) Image search: [Google]
1471105108907.jpg
722KB, 2225x3337px
>>17520888
>>17520513
Most people, whether nerdy or whatever are still very average in terms of looks.

What if you're below average looking though? What if you're known as "that ugly dude"? Can self confidence still attract attractive women, I hate using numbers for this, but at least 6-7/10s?

I've never been rated higher than a 4/10 online, and every time I post a picture of myself on my art page, I lose followers (mostly women).
>>
PUA is a way to scam insecure men out of their money and to make you look like a faggot in the process.

Don't fall for the meme.
>>
>>17520936

Do what you can to take care of yourself. Get a decent haircut, wear clothes that are simple and (most important of all) fit well. Stop posting photos of yourself online if all you are getting is negative feedback - it's going to hurt you, and personality really is such a huge aspect of attraction once you're older than 20.

Recognize that the reason you are posting photos online and torment yourself by watching your followers dwindle comes from the same place that makes you want to come to an advice board asking for information on how to pick up women. You likely aren't at all comfortable with yourself and are looking for a shortcut to "fix" your perceived shortcomings - in this case, easily picking up girls that are broadly desirable, thereby allowing casual hookups to fill a void within yourself. These are the types of insecurities that destroy friendships and romantic relationships, and what is likely preventing you from having a meaningful connection with another person.

You probably won't ever bang a Swedish model, but then again, neither will 99.99% of anyone anyway. However, if you work on yourself by exploring this part of yourself (therapy, reading, introspection) you will almost certainly find someone who you find attractive who also finds you attractive and live a happier life for it.
>>
>>17520506
found the feminist
>>
>>17520826
if you're looking for a ONS you don't really have to deal with religion. It's just that type of talk dries up pussy so avoid it.
>>
>>17520336
Take up hobbies because they interest you, not because you think you'll pull chicks. Otherwise you'll only end up disappointed
>>
>>17520944
How about you read books on the subject? Most people here are cave dwelling permavirgins with no experience at interacting with the opposite sex.
>>
Know what you're after. One night stand? Fuckbuddy? Long term relationship?
Adjust approach accordingly.
>>
File: 1470847540375.jpg (103KB, 907x718px) Image search: [Google]
1470847540375.jpg
103KB, 907x718px
A lot of mentionig about self-confidence, but a lot of people forget that 90% of modern PUA is exactly about instilling that. It's professionalised "you go, dude"!

The actual advice(say this, touch her shoulder now) works mostly because the perceived authority of people like RSD-Tyler and Mark Manson makes you jump into things and hesitate less.

Most of the value is due to the community who breaks you out of your shell and makes you initiate contact with more people than you otherwise would. The community constantly reinforces a notion that its okay to try things that might go wrong and that rejection isn't a big deal - this message gets repeated so much that a lot of people who otherwise would have been more timid act as outgoing as they want to be.

So it works for many, but not because they have discovered some grand biological pattern or something. It's like WOW - you're really paying for joining a community of people who will back you up and say nice things.
>>
>>17520336
I've started applying some of its techniques and it has been working.

For me the key is this: embarrassment is better than regret, regret over embarrassment is better than regret over a non-attempt.

It's better to be a man than a pussy. Just go for it bro, go on return of kings and other pua sites and read up, then apply the techniques

Look up Paul Janka, his techniques are straightforward and simple, free of bullshit, the guy doesn't even make jokes or banter. Just introduces himself, makes small talk and asks the girl out.

Also, look at Josh the Matador on keys to the vip, a real life Chad.

Experience will teach you the best homie
>>
It depends on what the advices intention is, I don't know much about PUA but I'd steer away from anybody who is trying to convince you to fuck a girl on the first date or to fuck as many beautiful women as possible, unless for some reason that is what you want specifially.

On the plus side PUA might help you develop confidence and self-awareness when it comes to social interaction and talking to women. Learning how to be a confient person and to know what women like is a good thing, maybe it will teach you how to "be a man" and handle things like when women behave overly womanly (emotional) and what to do in situations like that, like the fact lots of women do indeed "shit-test" men and learning all about how to respond to a woman differently to a man is advice you can base off personal experience.

Just take it with a grain of salt, think about what you're reading and if it makes sense and what the outcome is. Dont treat women like shit and be a complete tool just to get laid easily, women who are okay with tthat are completely not worth your time.
>>
>>17520371
Lmao, I fucking love pua's abbreviations
>>
>>17521305
yikes
sounds like u drank the koolaid f@m

pua is thru n thru kreep shit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.