[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go to a church for help? I'm not religious but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (62KB, 655x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 655x603px
How do I go to a church for help?

I'm not religious but I don't know where else to go without spend money that I don't have.

Will they be able to help me?
>>
>>17520255
They'll try, but a lot of the help they offer is going to be predicated upon belief. They won't force you to believe or anything, but you might not find the things they say to be compelling.
>>
>>17520312
Is there anything they'll turn you away for?

I know nothing about churches.
>>
>>17520334
yes, for thinking
>>
>>17520342
Okay but seriously. I have real problems that I need help with. I don't need any snarky bullshit.
>>
>>17520342
kek
>>
>>17520346
Problem is, you didn't make a thread asking for help to your problem. You made a thread asking how to go to a church for help. Then, you asked if they will be able to help you.

How should anyone know that?
>>
>>17520362
I do expect you guys to be able to help me with my problems, which is why I'm asking for help about going to a church to get help.

I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't even know who I'm supposed to talk to.
>>
>>17520373
Don't expect*
>>
>>17520373
I see you've missed my point.

You came to US to ask if the CHURCH could help you with a problem you want the CHURCH to assist with.

You have not yet defined the problem and are asking us if the church can help you.

How the hell would anyone know if they can help you? What is it that you need help with? Mortgage? Existential crisis? Finding the city of Atlantis? I can't just say, yeah, they'll definitely help.
>>
>>17520334
>Is there anything they'll turn you away for?
Depends on the church. In most Christian churches it would be difficult, but not impossible, to get yourself turned out. Evangelical churches are easier to get kicked out of. Catholic churches won't kick you out for literally anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, except maybe attacking the people in there and I'm not even sure about that.

My wife recpmmends a Buddhist temple. Buddhism is agnostic anyway, so they tend to aim more toward the philosophical side, which you may find more palatable and/or useful. Some also offer classes on meditation.

Be aware that some forms of clergy are mandated reporters. If you feel you have sins to confess, go to the Catholics. No one is more hardcore about confidentiality than the Catholics; They carved out an exception to the mandated-reporting thing for themselves when they kept on choosing to go to jail rather than break confidentiality.
>>
>>17520255
What do you need help with and I will help if I can? I want to let you in on a little secret though Op, that should not even be a secret. You do not have to go to a church to be religious. Church today simply refers to a building hence there is the church of Scientology, Satan, etc.

Jesus meant the ecclesia(church) to be the body of believers in which he is the cornerstone. If you are looking into Christianity look at how it was before Constantine changed it. Pick up a bible and read the gospels, and look at what Jesus taught. Just pray to God op it is that simple and accept Jesus as your Savior. Pick up your bible and just open it and see what the first verse says. Also, most of Christianity tells you to follow the 10 commandments, but you are not a christian if you do not attend church. That is a lie or misunderstanding, because they do not even keep the Sabbath which is Saturday not Sunday. Sunday is actually Ra-Day one of the pagan Gods. The church described in the new testament was communities of believers living together and caring for one another. That does not really happen today. You do need to be around other believers though but that goes beyond sitting on the pew and listening to music for 2-3 hours once a week. Find a few other people around you that believe in God and Jesus and have prayer meetings at your house, and build strong friendships with them, and that will help you.

But be not ye called Rabbi(teacher): for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:8-10
>>
>>17520385
Okay.

When I was 19 I started dated a girl I met at a festival. We popped pills and smoked weed together. We dated for three years and one day she came home with heroin. After about six months of heroin use she ODed. I drove her to the hospital and she went to rehab shortly after. After she finished rehab she dumped me. She said that her therapists and family said I was an enabler and that I needed to go. It was a horrible break up for both of us. Neither of us wanted to end it. Eleven months later she's off heroin but is still a pill head. A few weeks ago she posted a picture of her on what seemed like a date with another guy. After seeing the picture I nearly killed myself. I'm on my longest stint of no pills since I started, which is about a month and a half but I'm really battling the urge to go buy some. I want to get her back, but I can't do that because I'll probably get her deeper in drugs again. Also if I kill myself it might really fuck her up (at least that's what an anon said earlier today) which could cause to use more drugs.

So I need to kill my addiction, stop being suicidal, kick start a real career and try to start a new life with my old girlfriend.
>>
>>17520414
This may help you more look into teen challenge, sober living programs, and job corps.

>http://www.recovery.org/topics/recovery-homes/

>http://www.recovery.org/topics/recovery-homes/
>>
>>17520434
>http://www.jobcorps.gov/home.aspx

>https://www.teenchallengeusa.com/
>>
>>17520342
Lmao
>>
>>17520434
>>17520440
Sorry I forgot to thank you for these.

I'll try my best to use this information.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.