[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys this is the last place I have to turn. I need advice/help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Guys this is the last place I have to turn.
I need advice/help. My friend, we'll call her Grace, is 16. She's stuck living with her abusive mother and her violently unhinged boyfriend.
Over the past few months I've watched her gain a serious amount of confidence and come out of her shell. But her mum found out recently that she smokes. I went off to a festival and came back to find out that her mother attempted to attack her because she smokes. She had to lock herself in the bathroom to keep herself safe. Her mums boyfriend has been constantly calling her a slut and insulting her weight. She no longer feels safe at home and is strongly considering suicide. I told her that I would try my best to help her get out of this situation but have no idea how I can help. She's way way way too terrified to speak up. We live in Canterbury, Kent, England.

Any help would be appreciated as this is now a matter of her safety and I cant bare to see her suffer anymore
>>
>>17519830

Offer to let her stay with you for a few days until this blows over. That's literally the only thing that would help her - a safe place to sleep where those two can't get at her. You're her friend and you live nearby. We're a bunch of strangers. You're the one that needs to step up
>>
>>17519830
Take her to a womens' shelter, you dope. There are like 10 in your town. Google it.
>>
>>17519855
I don't know England's laws, but in America if OP is an adult this would be considered kidnapping/ aiding an runaway and can get you jailed pretty quickly.

Honestly OP, again since idk your laws on this shit, all you can and should do is keep calling whatever authorities you think would help. I'm about 100% sure abuse is not tolerated in britland, so surely you can call the queens guards on them or whatever.

If it is perfectly legal to harbor her for a while, then do it. Tell her to come stay with you until you figure something else out. Don't bother packing a bunch of shit, get the bare necessities of clothing in a backpack and get out while nobody's around.
>>
>>17519830
What the fuck is a 16 year old doing smoking fucking cigarettes.
She just sounds like an irresponsible teenager. She has options, she should leave home and cut them off if they're so bad.
>>
>>17519875
This. I also question if what she's telling OP is actually that bad, or if it's just the usual
"OMG my maaawwwmmm told me to stop smoking. Like, it's my body! She totally made me lock myself in the bathroom ugh she's so oppressive"
When the reality of the situation was her mother went off on her for doing something so damaging, and rightfully so, and this chick then locked herself in the bathroom so she wouldn't have to be lectured and told no.
>>
>>17519864

>n America if OP is an adult this would be considered kidnapping/ aiding an runaway and can get you jailed pretty quickly.

Seriously? I had similarly crappy parents when I was growing up, and when things got bad I'd always go to stay with my friend in the neighborhood. I'm eternally grateful to that kid and his parents, everything I know about being a good person, I learned in their house.

That said, my parents never called the police to report me for staying at a friend's house. I'm not telling OP to adopt the girl, just invite her over for a few days. If OP's parents call the cops (unlikely) then OP goes home. I really don't see them throwing OP in prison for inviting his friend over. Fucking crazy paranoid mindset you've got
>>
File: CdS9JtmW0AA1pxB.jpg (81KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CdS9JtmW0AA1pxB.jpg
81KB, 600x800px
>I'm going to kill myself if mom doesn't let me smoke tobacco at age 16

tell her to consider pic related because she's obviously retarded
>>
Op here. I should give a little bit of information about me. I'm 19, I'm currently homeless due to many poor life choices, I myself am living with a friend so have nowhere to house her. And I'd love to say this was a case of an over reacting teenager. It heartbreaking to see her come out with new bruises and wounds everyday. And as for the smoking, if you were in that situation you'd find your own way of dealing with it whether it be smoking or whatever. Everyone needs and escape
>>
>>17519932
And why not a shelter....?
>>
>>17519932
As I said. Leave home and she can sort her shit out.
Ask anyone that's smoked for a few years. You stop getting pleasure and more relief from not having a cigarette.

I left home when I was 17, not because my parents were abusive but because I was sick of their controlling bullshit. You can sort your shit out or you can keep blaming others for a shit life.
>>
>>17519941
I came on here for advice because I literally knew nothing. I have no one I can ask for this information. Its pointless searching it up on google when you don't know what to search for. If someone could actually give me some information other than literally saying woman's shelters. I need like organizations names and phone numbers and stuff. Like I'm completely useless with technology. The only reason I came on here is because I remember getting some decent advice off of here when I used to browse 4chan when I was in school
>>
>>17519946
Leave and go where. Look, I ended up out on the streets because of my controlling mother. Its not just as simple as leaving. She tries to leave, it wont end well. Like I said I need help finding people that will help her and keep her safe
>>
>>17519955
FFS
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=womens+shelters+Canterbury%2C+Kent%2C+England
>>
>>17519899
Well yeah, to get that charge you'd have to get the cops called on you. I did the same thing as a moody teenager, ran off to a friends for the weekend or something when I got mad. But my parents weren't abusive they just knew I was a raging ball of hormones and would come back.

Actually abusive parents will use the law to their advantage though and of course charge the shit out of anyone who tries to help their victim illegally.
Like I said, idk what it's like in the UK, but here a parent's child is basically their property. If you take their property, they can charge you with all sorts of bullshit, despite the good intentions behind it.
Even just inviting the girl over (especially when she's a minor and you're an adult), when the parents do not provide the consent for it, yeah you're kidnapping her if you started the idea, or aiding a run away if she came to you. (Provided the first thing you did when she showed up at your door was not call her parents or the cops to tell them she was there.)

Our laws are kinda shit sometimes, t b h, we don't always have what's best for the kid in mind. The upside being if there were hard evidence of abuse (IE bruises or other physical evidence, not just he said she said.) them calling the cops to slam op with kidnapping charges would most likely backfire. As the cops would then be forced to investigate and then find out OP was just a good Samaritan and all charges would be dropped.
Still would be a legal nightmare for a while though.
>>
Rising sun domestic violence shelter
G, Chaucer Technology School, Spring Ln, Canterbury CT1 1SU, United Kingdom
Open today 9AM–4:30PM
+44 1227 452852
>>
>>17519968
>>17519975
I'm forever grateful for this
>>
>>17519964
Oh so your mother told you that you had to live on the streets and you listened.
What I'm talking about fucking responsibility. You don't have it.
>>
>>17519964
There is the charity "shelter" in the UK they will help if she does decide to leave and become homeless. Google shelter and go on their website, it has advice and information for people facing all kinds of issues with housing.

She is 16 so there should be a lot of help for her, can she talk to someone at school or college? You need to get her in touch with some kind of organisation that can help her, and the best way of doing that is through someone who has links to those networks, teachers, police hell even a GP would probably know who to call.
>>
>>17519984
No. My mother tried controlling every single aspect of my life, and started giving me a charted routine that I had to stick to. I left because I had no control over my life. I don't want to see anyone else be stuck in that position
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.