[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get noticed more for what you do at work? I work as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1470522519156.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470522519156.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
How do you get noticed more for what you do at work? I work as a software engineer to give more context
Like, this whole summer I feel like I've been doing ton of work / tasks that were important, without fucking it up and with no guidance because most people were away or really slacking / not giving a fuck.
On the other hand some colleagues are slacking as fuck, picking up the easiest tasks, and then acting like it's really complicated, taking their time and acting as if they are actually solving an important issue while it's not important at all.

I'm not really good at communicating but I really don't want to be in a spot where the people who are doing less stuff and are less invested are more rewarded than I am. What should I do to be sure my work and efforts are noticed?
I have a meeting soon with my manager but I don't want to appear like the asshole who will put down some colleagues and tell him they are doing fuck all
>>
>>17519372
Your hard work will be/is noticed. Don't put your fellow employees down.
>>
>>17519513
t. cuck

while Chad is not working and getting promoted
>>
>>17519372
This is what a friend of mine did, he got fired. Don't be a snitch. If you feel like slackers are getting rewarded more than you then look for another job, and quit when you're 100% sure you'll have that other job.
>>
if you've been doing ton of work and nobody knows because you're not really good at communicating the one fucking up at work is you. You're coworkers are better at their jobs than you are, you don't even realize what exactly your job is.
>>
>>17519723
obviously I don't want to be a snitch and say "this guy works less than I do"
but on the other hand I'd like to show that during the summer I've done tons of stuff (that was needed) and stressed myself out to finish important stuff on time. On the opposite, the rest of my colleagues were chilling and didn't do much. While they also all have a higher "level" in the company and are thus paid more by default

I'd like to phrase it so indeed I don't sound like an asshole
>>
>>17519513
>Your hard work will be/is noticed.
tippity toppity kek. The real solution is not to work hard but to work hard when your boss is around so they know what a good worker you are! It's shit but that's how it works.
>>
>>17519741
but then you obviously start looking a like a dick sucker and your colleagues hate you....
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.