[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you trust the intuition you receive when dealing with a person,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 134713541143.jpg (14KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
134713541143.jpg
14KB, 200x252px
Do you trust the intuition you receive when dealing with a person, /adv/?

If a person gives off a "creepy" vibe, is he really creepy most of the time, or is he just an unfortunate victim of a lack of social skill?

If your friend begins giving you a rotten, unpleasant intuition, what can you do about it?
>>
>>17519329
I always trust my gut feeling,
If it doesnt feel right, i dont want anything to do with that person
>>
>>17519329

I got those Bill Kristol/George Costanza instincts. If I go with the opposite of what I feel, I'm usually OK.
>>
In my life I have noticed that socializing is an instinct like balance, and not a skill, in neurotypical people. If someone is not able to socialize in any situation, it's because there is something wrong.
>>
>>17519329

'creep' here.

I've obviously learned to be open minded rather than trust my gut. I've been judged to quickly without any chance of redemption, no second opinion. Why'd I wanna do that to anyone else?
>>
Yes. Be wary, keep a bit of distance, and remain vigilant. The feeling will either pass or you'll find out why you started feeling it.
>>
I posted
>>17519359
but I second
>>17519366

One time everyone thought this guy was an out of control pervert, but he was just autistic. It's not good to make assumptions. When someone is creepy, you know something is up, but it's not fair to assume what it is.
>>
>>17519329
I don't make assumptions

Many people shit on others who they never met because they look different; that's fucking cruel
>>
>>17519366
I used to think the same, that I creep people out, and subsequently I also did not judge my "creep" best friend. But over time I have found that people like me far more than I expected, and that my friend has indeed been a horrible person. Hence why I made this thread.
>>
Usually your intuition is right. Some people just give me bad vibes, and the people that do usually always prove themselves to be quite like what I imagined they would be.

The one intuition I've noticed that is usually false though, is that people always assume if someone is attractive and quiet that they are stuck up. That one has been disproven to me so many times I don't assume it anymore.
>>
>>17519395
They end up better for it
>>
>>17519440
No they don't, they enter a cycle where they resent people for resenting them and in return people resent them more.
>>
>>17519454
there is kind of a degree of winning and losing going on in society, and trying to keep yourself among the winners might just be healthy

I'm not like some hardcore materialist antispiritualist atheist nihilist...I'm just saying.
>>
>>17519481
What the fuck are you talking about?

People who are labeled creeps are rarely welcomed and it's only their fault, people will always make sure to put them down
>>
Anyway, OP, I would probably be your friend. Just don't underestimate the value of making face. It's not like it is in high school. It's life and death in the real world, and success matters.
>>
File: 1472614370180.png (18KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1472614370180.png
18KB, 320x224px
I've interacted with people a lot throughout my life, had friends that would have drug dealing buddies that were bad news and worked in different positions/jobs dealing with the public. I'm confident in my ability to pick out liars, thieves, etc. due to body language, voice, etc. I had two sociopath co-workers at one place that hated me since I could see right through their act.

Usually if you have a very genuine, strong 'gut feeling' it's correct. But personal bias and inexperience with certain types of people could also cloud your judgement and have you make the wrong call on an actually innocent or good person. I usually continue to watch or interact if I'm unsure until I can get a good read on someone. If my mind says 'no', 'time to go' or 'this guy is shady' I'll usually just beat feet. Gotten out of a lot of potential bad situations like that. I also have friends now that I initially assumed were 'off' or 'weird' but they were just awkward or silent until they got to know you.
>>
>>17519493
it's not so black and white

I'm saying people are trying to win in life, because winning is survival. Part of this is weeding out people you don't like.

It's never extreme like, "everyone thinks I'm a creep." I almost totally doubt that.

However, certain people give specific impressions to certain people, and it's a turnoff. I won't talk to anyone who looks seriously "hood." That's just my preference, and my right as a person. I don't have to talk to anyone I don't want to.
>>
>>17519501
I've been friends with someone for 2 years who I have received bad feelings about for about a year and a quarter. I feel like an idiot for keeping it up for so long. But part of the reason is that they have befriended almost every single one of my friend groups, making it impossible to hide from them. It was a horrible experience.
>>
And not wanting to deal with hood people or sociopaths are good examples of getting creeped out for fair reasons.

I hope OP is not just someone who looks for approval in, say, high school girls. They will call anyone who does not further their popularity agenda a creep.
>>
>>17519510
Well no, my experience was >>17519508
>>17519397
>>
>>17519519
okay.

well I stand by my, "you know something is wrong, but you can't tell what." there's no real way of knowing what is causing the vague air of creepiness, and how benign or malignant it is, except for getting to know the person.
>>
>>17519505
Of course it isn't

Winning is very different from survival

I have seen this many times. People take judgment at face value and scold who they don't like

People go out of their way to bully 'creeps' so they can feel better about themselves. Even those who don't they don't give a chance to 'creeps'

I'm not saying this is definite but it creates many barriers and when you add the resentment people feel naturaly when scolded, it makes it very hard to exit the cycle; most don't
>>
>>17519540
that's why I don't bully or scold people as soon as they give me the creeps. not everyone is like that as a rule.

other people are just not very sensitive when it comes to humans, and unfortunately those who give few fucks about others often come off as very normal.
>>
>>17519540
>>17519553
maybe you're doing something socially inappropriate? that's something that will make everyone jump to scold you...
>>
>>17519553
What I found is that a lot of the time creeps will think you are their friend and cling on to you unless you plainly bully them, which could explain why people do.
>>
>>17519555
It's not even me, i just see it happening

Fuck, i have even not given a 'creep' a chance because i didn't want people to see me with him. Feels bad, honestly
>>17519567
This happens

In my experience when i tell (just did it once) them they are being clingy, they get disappointed and distance themselves but not fully because you are the one giving them attention
>>
>>17519582
god forbid anyone sees you giving someone odd a chance. they might compare you to some strange character who does that, like Jesus Christ for instance
>>
>>17519591
It felt really bad

One of the many fishes in my regret bucket
>>
>>17519582
As >>17519591 ironically says, association takes a heavy toll on you because of both the reputation it gives you and the personality you absorb from the wierd person by being around him.
>>
>>17519620
yes, from actually being around them, like hanging out with them and so on. don't agree to, say, go to their house.

you don't have to scold them like a stray animal in public, you can't be that insecure. that "oh no what are people looking at me thinking of me!?" paranoia is for insecure people, honestly.
>>
yup, my feeling is never wrong when it comes to people.
Only once is that I though I was wrong about a classmate, but time proved I was right I all along when she started trashtalking a friend of mine right next to me.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.