[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I have started ignoring a 'friend' because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1470157547410.jpg (130KB, 790x1401px) Image search: [Google]
1470157547410.jpg
130KB, 790x1401px
Hey /adv/

I have started ignoring a 'friend' because he is a shit one.

He borrows things all the time and never gives them back, he's always insulting me and brushes it off by saying he doesn't realise he's offending me.

So I had enough when he put an embarrassing picture of me as his profile picture and refused to take it off for a week.

I've been ignoring him but he calls me twice a day and has started texting me, asking why I'm ignoring him.

What the fuck do I do? I'm not the only one who thinks that it's wrong to be pestered like this am I?

tl;dr Ignoring shitty friend, won't stop calling and texting me
>>
>>17518635
Explicitly, but politely tell him that you don't want to be his friend anymore. Passive-aggressive behaviour rarely works.
>>
>>17518638
That feels like a weird thing to do. I've never done that before. Plus we both live in the same city so we're bound to bump into each other.
>>
>>17518660
Literally just tell him what you said in your thread. Be understandable but firm. Let him know what he did to overstep your boundaries and make you not want to be your friend.
>>
You're a fucking man act like one. Tell him what you think of your friendship in a harmless and polite manner. How he reacts might be childish, which is his decision. If someone is going to try and bug you, don't force them to stop, but show it has no effect on you.
>>
>>17518774

Yeah I guess you're right. I am cucking myself pretty bad right now.

>If someone is going to try and bug you, don't force them to stop, but show it has no effect on you.

What did you mean by this though?

>>17518766

Yeah I guess you're right. I really have no idea how he'll react though.
>>
Block his phone number bruh
>>
>>17518845
They are putting energy into the wrong things. Don't reciprocate this energy, just let it die down. Put your energy towards more healthy things. Don't let it affect your mind.
>>
>>17518845
Not him but
You can never force someone to do anything, especially someone who gets a perverse pleasure out of making others angry, as this guy seems to. The best thing you can do is remove yourself from his life, so that he isn't around you to make you angry anymore.

>we both live in the same city so we're bound to bump into each other.
Dude so what. Is the fear of that awkward moment so strong that you'll continue allowing yourself to be the butt of this asshole's abusive jokes?
>>
>>17518867
>>17518865
Right. I really think if I called him and told him I won't be friends with him he won't listen and keep bothering me. That or he'll get confrontational when I bump into him, and I wouldn't put it past him if he tried starting a fight with me.

That's why I'm a bit worried.
>>
>>17518891
Fuck that guy, if you don't want to be friends anymore it's not his choice, he can deal with it.

No point worrying about what might happen if you go through with this, when the alternative is to suffer through the bullshit you just described.
>>
>>17518909
yes
>>17518891
>I wouldn't put it past him if he tried starting a fight with me.
Then you call the cops on his ass. That's assault. There are laws against it.
>>
I've known people like this OP. They fucking suck. Tell him he acts like a piece of shit. Let him know this. Trust me, he will avoid eye contact if you ever run into him. Don't worry about awkward encounters.
>>
>>17518891
You feel that way because he acts tough around you. I bet in public would be a different story. This is a free country anon, you're doing nothing wrong. Law is on your side.
>>
>>17518845
>I really have no idea how he'll react though.

You don't have to care. It's not like your dating and have to have a breakup convo. Tell him you dislike him, and don't want anything to do with him. Then ditch him then and there, do not stay for him to answer. His opinion is worthless.

Also you have to be 18 to post here OP.
>>
>>17518911
I don't wanna call the cops on him. I want to defend myself myself.
>>17518953
I am immature for my age.
>>17518939
Well, he does tell tall tales but I see the marks on his knuckles, I can tell he's been punching something.
>>
>>17519203
Do you seriously think he's just gonna get angry and hit you the next time you bump into him?

All because you called him out on his bullshit and told him to go away? You haven't even done it yet nigga.

Either way, all you can do is stick to your guns and don't cave into whatever he tries to pull. Otherwise you'll just be too scared to do shit for yourself in the future.
>>
>>17519203
Anyone can hit a punching bag. If he tried to hurt you physically then whatever, if you can't fight back then he will probably just do it once. You can't stick around this guy, it's obviously really affecting you.

People in gangs in ghettos get fucked up when they try to leave. You're not in a gang, just ducking ditch the loser.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.