[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I manage to live in the moment? I just can't stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 188434-Live-In-The-Moment.jpg (31KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
188434-Live-In-The-Moment.jpg
31KB, 500x334px
How do I manage to live in the moment? I just can't stop thinking about the past and the future regardless of what I do.
>>
is it me or when you write just "bump" it doesn't bumps?
>>
>>17518621
no that was me i invisibly saged your thread a few times

on topic: its all about focus. focus on the shit in front of you, dont let your mind wander.
>>
>>17518649
how do I do that? It seems impossible
>>
>>17518650
eh, i just do drugs tee bee aych

not really a good solution but hey it works, and i dont really care about being healthy anyways

also a fuckton of shit seemed impossible until people started doing it so i guess just go do it. practice
>>
>>17518656
but thoughts are born spontaneously, not even taking lsd or other stuff I can stop them or control them. I really don't get it.
>>
>>17518658
shake those thoughts off and continue focusing, itll go better the next time.
>>
>>17518672
I can't. Have you ever read that poem "the hollow men"? I've become one of them.
>>
>>17518565
Go to raves and concerts, it helps senpai.
>>
>>17518677
why would they help?
>>
>>17518675
Nigger stop being a pussy

I'm borderline and i think about killing myself about 50-60 times a day, just learn to shake them off by trying again and again.
>>
>>17518689
>the never give up meme
>>
>>17518701
Retard, for me it's actually getting better, the ONLY reason it's not for you, a pretty much sane person i assume, is you're not trying hard enough and/or actually enjoy wallowing in self-pity.
>>
>>17518708
I think it's the latter. You know I had a lot of cycles like this in my past: 1) Feel dubious about my current lifestyle 2)Anguish 3)Eventually change 4)back to 1)

Yeah, what you said is right. I'm tired to try again. I was hoping that someone posted some magical phrase that instantly dissolved all this apathy but I know it doesn't exist. Thanks for your intervention though, it made me realize what I really want.
>>
File: 1462816673273.jpg (97KB, 625x783px) Image search: [Google]
1462816673273.jpg
97KB, 625x783px
>>17518723
I personally found solace in making music. Writing my issues and thoughts down helped me not get so emotional when they occured to me.

Try channeling all your shit into something productive.
>>
>>17518729
sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>17518729
thanks
>>
>>17518565
Meditation.

I'm serious, it helped me a lot in this specific issue, and other stuff like self-confidence, attention span, and moodiness (not gonna say "depression" because that's kind of a big word)

So yeah, look up meditation, it's really good for the mind
>>
>>17518746
What meditation type do you use?
>>
>>17518754
The basic stuff

Try to sit down in a quiet place, set up the amount of time you wanna do (it doesn't really matter how long). Since you're a beginner you can do something like, 3 minutes, for starters, because at first it's gonna require a lot of concentration to do it. And for this amount of time, you're just gonna close your eyes, and try to completely shut your mind, and think about nothing. Complete blank. It sounds boring but it actually feels REALLY good, once you're able to do it properly.
At first you're probably not gonna be able to do it properly and it's gonna piss you off, but the key is consistency. If you set up 3 minutes. You stay in that position for 3 minutes, even though you can't shut your mind. It will come quickly with practice.
Then you can make your sessions longer if you want

I personally do 2 times 10 minutes per day, but as i said the amount of time isn't really important, it's the consistency. As long as you do it regularly, it's good.

Also try to focus on your breathing, it helps.
With a little practice you're gonna be able to completely shut your mind for a long amount of time and this feels really good. If you think about it, your brain thinks about stuff constantly, all day long; that's what makes you overthink stuff, instead of being in the moment. Having that short pause every day is really good for the brain.

So yeah, look it up for more info, but that's really all you need to know.
Hope it helps !
>>
>>17518770
thank you based anon
i'll definitely try
>>
>>17518783
I mean, i'm the kind of anxious introverted moody paranoid overthinking guy, and i can definitely say it helped a lot.
I know i don't overthink this much anymore (although i still do, because i'm still... me), and my mind just feels a lot clearer, if that makes sense.
Also i think i feel happier about what i have and i think less of what i could have. Because when you think of it, if you always think of what you COULD have instead of what you have, you're never gonna be happy in your life

Although a lot of stuff happened in my life that made my mentality change, yeah i can say meditation had a part in this. Seems kinda funny but i guess it's true
>>
>>17518801
my story is different but if it helped you I might as well try too. after all the trouble zone is the same for both of us: the mind
>>
>>17518819
i honestly think it could benefit to anyone, so yeah try it out !
>>
>>17518565

Eat more oatmeal.

[/spoiler]Totes Oats its the Meal deal![spoiler]
>>
>>17518565
Practice mindfulness. It's a lot more healthy and responsible than being a Yolofaggot
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.