[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm wanting to get into sketching/ drawing. Advice on things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: GettyImages-84749038.jpg (29KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-84749038.jpg
29KB, 640x426px
I'm wanting to get into sketching/ drawing. Advice on things to start off on?
>>
>>17518278
Just draw. People always seem to think they need special tips, tools, etc. but they get so caught up in that shit that they forget that it's a learned skill acquired through practice. Just do it.
>>
>>17518278
^ what he said. just practice practice practice
>>
>>17518304
>>17518313
I meant what to draw
>>
>>17518320
Futanari hentai.
>>
>>17518320
People you see around you. Become familiar with what a moving body looks like and how to differentiate between different looking people with minimal linework.
>>
draw from life. not from printed images or images on a screen. cups, bowls, vases, flowers, fruit are popular still life subjects.

arrange some stuff on a table and if you can work in a dimly lit room with a strong lamp light working on the objects at an angle. this light will break the objects up into strong light and dark shapes. that is to say the planar forms that comprise the object will catch the light in different ways.

complete a gesture for what you are looking at first. draw quickly and instinctively without care for detail. no more than 2-5 minutes for the entire scene. this will help you block in the major forms you are seeing.
>>
after that, you can take your pencil and if you hold it out and lock your elbow you can measure from the butt of the pencil to anywhere along it with your thumb to take a measurement of an object or part of an object. keeping your elbow locked, you can move this measurement around and compare its size relative to other objects in the scene. afterwards, check your drawing to see if that same proportional relationship also exists. if not you can go back and adjust.

you can also pull angles from life to your canvas. (both of these methods work best with an upright canvas). tilt your pencil to check an angle between two points. if the same is not true in your drawing then adjust.

using proportion and angle you can continue to refine your drawing. after the major shapes are established and correct you want to move in and break them up inside into light and shadow shapes using the same methods as above. pay attention to how dark a shadow shape is relative to the other shadows in a scene and shade it accordingly.

in closing, it is important to draw from life to train your eye to see these proportional relationships and to be able to translate a 3d world into a 2d image on your paper. gesture establishes the basic form. measuring will help you refine it. light and shadow will give your drawing the illusion of three dimmensionality.

i hope this helps. if anything is unclear please ask. /ic/ is a good art community for more info.
>>
>>17518278
>>17518278
>>17518278
TO /IC/ WITH YOU YOUNG ARTIST
>>>>/ic/1579290
>>
>>17518320
Everything. Do you need someone to hold the pencil for you too?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.