[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work in retail or fast food for my whole life, a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: xDDDD.jpg (101KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
xDDDD.jpg
101KB, 1024x683px
I want to work in retail or fast food for my whole life, a lot of people have told me this isn't possible or to get a real job, but I've never had dreams or wanted to finish year 12 or even go to uni. I just want a simple life do you think this would be possible. Thanks again!
>>
>>17518032
finish your education
>>
entire possible but youll be judged, often considered a lesser human being and likely wont be able to afford some things that interest you later
finish school, it wont hurt to have the ability to climb up in the ladder of mcdonalds
>>
>>17518032
I'm now in my 30s and will probably work shitty jobs like fast food or retail until I die, which with any luck, won't be too long after I turn 40.

Get an education and get a real job.
>>
>>17518032
You say that you want this now? How will you feel about this when you're 50 you reckon? I work a shitkicker job and there's nothing fun about it. My colleagues suck, I barely have any money left over for fun let alone savings after rent, my old school friends all have real jobs and don't want to hang with a loser like me, I feel bad about myself almost all the time and worst of all I never feel relaxed.

Carefully consider the consequences.
>>
>>17518032
Honestly, I think there's nothing wrong whatsoever with wanting to work a menial job. I honestly believe that this is a valid choice. We need people to work menial jobs. Minimum wage laws were established as a way to make sure that people could live modestly and support a small family if they worked full-time, no matter what job they had. It was based on the idea that all work is dignified, not only management or high-position work. But in the ensuing decades, the cost of living has grown so much and actual minimum wage hasn't, so.

But we live in a culture that judges people based on what job they do and how much money they make, and working at McDo does not grant you a livable wage. And they know it, too; a couple of years ago, the company published a budgeting guide to help their employees get by on the salary they offer, and they straight up admitted that it was impossible unless they worked a second job.

So you'll be judged for it. And you'll be told it's your fault, too, as though there were enough high-paying jobs for everyone and you, too, could get one if you only chose to.

So ok anon. Working at McDo for your whole life is going to make your life really fucking hard. The decision you're making is morally and ethically perfectly sound, but it's going to make things very hard for you because of bullshit economic and cultural reasons.
>>
>>17518326
For reference:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/07/mcdonalds-cant-figure-out-how-its-workers-survive-on-minimum-wage/277845/
>>
>>17518032
are you a girl ?
>>
>>17518032
Some people make a career out of Mc Donald's. It's hard work, I suppose, I've never done it. But I have heard of people working there their while life, working up to be a manager or something. Maybe one day you can open your own Mc Donald's store. You can always get a year 12 qualification later.
>>
>>17518131
this. do your best to stay healthy too, and cross your fingers and hope you never develop any health problems either. disabled people usually end up working shit jobs.
>>
>>17518326
Fantastic post.
>>
>>17518326
He said "year 12" which I think means he lives in the UK. So he'll be paid roughly 20% more, which should be liveable. The local council might also pay his rent.

Still seems like a really boring life though.
>>
Get a serving job at least that brings home 100 a night cash.
>>
>>17518878
>seems like a really boring life though.
If your job is your only source of excitement, maybe. But there are plenty of ways to have fun outside of work hours.
>>
Yea
managers make a decent amount in fast food and retail.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.