[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 20 years old and 5'6 Is there any way to make me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

I'm 20 years old and 5'6
Is there any way to make me taller With no surgery or heels ?
Please I'm depressed
>>
>>17517815
/fit/ can help you
>>
>>17517815
You are taller than Tom Cruise.

100 Famous Short Men By Height - The Modest Man
www.themodestman.com/100-famous-short-men Cached
This list of one hundred famous short men includes actors, artists, politicians and athletes. You can even sort by height!
>>
I really have to wonder how whatever /fit/ shitposter it was who came up with this manlet meme feels knowing so many have totally latched onto it.
>>
Fit can't help lenght. Heels or acceptance are your only options.
>>
>>17517825
>taller than Tom Cruise
not really lol
taller than Harry Potter maybe
>>
>>17517838
No, Tom Cruise is so short he has a clause in his movie contracts stating he must be shot in a way to make him look tall.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 384x384px
>>17517828
Acceptance is not an option
>>
Take good care of yourself, sleep enough, eat well 'n all. Some guys still grow until like 21 so maybe you'll grow a bit.
Still height isn't something to be depressed about. Don't bother with cunts who say they only date guys above 6' etc. because they're shallow. If you have real friends you're good bros with they won't seriously make fun of you for your height. Be confident, have hobbies and humor sense, and you'll be fine. You can also find a shorter girl, even if just a bit, and charm her with your personality.
t. 5'7 guy with a qt gf and plenty of friends. I'm self-conscious about my small frame, but for that I should just go to /fit/ like the other anon said. Still it isn't really bothering me in real life aside of the fact I get taken for a teenager a lot
>>
>>17517838
Tom Cruise is like 5'5 and Radcliffe is like 5'7 I think
>>
Elevator shoes can give you an inch or two when being outside
Don't buy the obvious ones though, you'll look more lame
>>
>>17517848
This is not about girls
And I act confident like if I don't really care about my height but it's just an act That isn't real
>>
>>17517851
Actually Tom Cruise is 5'7 and Radcliffe is 5'5.
>>
>>17517859
Fake it until you make it?

For real though, how does it influence your life exactly? You feel worse than other guys when they stand next to you? Or when a girl is your height? Someone makes fun of you?
Just focus on other things that make up for your below average height, I'm sure you got plenty of stuff to be proud of
>>
>>17517882
I'm not searching for acceptance
>>
>>17517894
Surgery or elevator shoes it is then.

Or just kill yourself, that's always an option. Maybe you'll be reborn taller.
>>
Move to Asia or get over it
>>
You could also stop going on /r9k/. Then, as long as you don't give a fuck, you should have no trouble attracting girls.
>>
>>17517815
>5'1"
>Go to 4chan
>Someone taller than me complaining about their height
You won't get taller, get over it.
>>
>>17517815
It's not a great issues cause this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination
In the last years people understand that heigthism is real and shouldn't be ignored and accepted. And if feminism did a lot even considered woman not being really discriminated, just wait and see what this can do.
>>17517825
No, Tom Cruise is 5' 7. Still a really lot of important man in the history were under 5'6. Genetically short height is better than taller cause the gene "FOXO3" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2625870/Short-men-live-longer-genes-Those-5ft-2in-longest-lives-study-says.html
>>
>>17518115
>>5'1"
grill ?
>>
>>17517882
Girl reject you. A lot of job don't assume only cause your height. Even if you are smart and the best in your class, there are a lot of people that don't find "smart enough". And obviously yes, a lot of people make fun of you. Constantly. Like you are a joke, not a person.
>>
>>17517847
Oh, a frogposter, then I have some great advice for you:

Find a really tall tree and a length of rope maybe six feet long. Suspend yourself from the tree via your neck and then see which one happens first: either you'll get taller with the help of gravity pulling most of your body weight down, or the other, much better thing will happen.
>>
File: 1470057190546.png (959KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
1470057190546.png
959KB, 1280x704px
>>17518167
>or the other, much better thing will happen
I get a 10/10 blonde twin's eternal love ?
>>
>>17518163
Christ. I hope English isn't your first language. You sound like a mouthbreathing retard.
>>
>>17518209
No, it's not. Still I don't think that my bad english means that my point is not valid.
>>
>>17518245
The contents were even more retarded than your writing.
>>
>>17518272
You say? Well, let's start with this.
http://www.employment-studies.co.uk/news/heightism-unacknowledged-bias
Heigthism on work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbG05ePWRQE
Heightism on dating. (This seems a little retard, but you can just google it and just see a lot of studies that confirm those things.)

Do you need also other studies that prove height discrimination on social dynamics?
>>
>>17518295
You're posting links from /r9k/ that have nothing to so with your claims. You're just using your height as an excuse.

Instead of wallowing in self pity, why not man up and stop being a faggot? It's your choice.
>>
>>17518322
I never went to /r9k/ in my entire life. I post social studies, you only arrogant rants that aren't support by any proof. I went to a bar to work as a waiter. They literally say to me that i was too short. How this is an excuse? What the fuck i should do about that? This is not self pity, i can't do shit about this. Shut up and swallow is what a little girl do. The "mans" should fight for their rights.
>>
>>17518330
Really. How tall are you?
>>
>>17518341
5'6. I'm not american, and here 5'6 is the average for girl.
>>
I'm 6'6" and depressed/insecure. Your problem isn't your height, its that you think its a problem.
>>
>>17517815
5'3 male. Not anywhere close to killing myself. Make a ladder that's 6 ft tall and get over yourself.

Even if the confidence is an act, if you keep at it you'll get more done and it will turn into actual confidence. You don't really have another option other than offing yourself. Surgery gives you maybe 1 inch in exchange for smashing the bones in your legs and then repairing them.

Height is mostly genetics. Both of my parents were Asian. There's diddly shit to do about that.
>>
>>17517825
>>17517825
Ah yes, Tom Cruise
So let's see here, the substitution for height is in immense
>fame
>wealth
>good looks
oh good I guess there is hope
>>
>>17518344
I'm 167cm and have never been rejected because of my height. Not from a job, not by a girl I asked out. Are you seriously saying you were not even considered for a job because you are below average in height? That sounds hard to believe.
>>
>>17517815
Your problem is not your height, it's believing that your height is the problem. You do not need to get taller. Your height is regulated by your genes, so there is really not much you can do about it. Forget about it.

I feel you, I really do. I'm 20 and 5'7. I haven't grown since 9th grade, and I used to be really insecure about my height and looks. My advice is to find a time consuming hobby to help distract yourself from depressive thoughts. I started hiking, woodworking and blacksmithing, and it really takes my mind off of other thoughts.

I don't know about you, but if you're not the social type, you should force yourself to be social. Stay away from parties at first, because drunk people act really shitty. Joining in social activities like football, evening classes, or even the boy scouts. Get a few really good friends.

I went to border school for a year, where I lived with around 100 other people my own age, and I just pretended I was comfortable speaking with others. Didn't take long before I actually was comfortable speaking with others.

Once you know how to speak with other people without feeling insecure, the people you speak to will notice. This will make them judge your personality and not your looks.
>>
>>17517815
Sexchange into a woman, 5'6 is quite normal. The folks at /lgbt/ will be happy to accept your new lifestyle.
>>
>>17518389
Yes. And you can see that are a lot of people that have my problem. If it's different for 2 or 3 people in the world don't mean that isn't a problem. Heightism is real, exist, there are a lot of studies that prove that. So or you just let me see studies that prove that is bullshit or just shut up. I want proof not arrogants rants.
>>17518401
What i read is "I don't have shit in life but now i don't see my height as an issues. I mean, obviously people discriminate me for that, i don't have girlfriend, i can't go to party because people drink and so don't have inhibition and so don't even try to lie and tell you that judge your personality even if it's not true. But i want to believe that this is not an issues."
>>
File: sdfghgsh.jpg (33KB, 492x277px) Image search: [Google]
sdfghgsh.jpg
33KB, 492x277px
Just had the girl of my dreams talk about her date coming up this weekend.
Met her back in uni, hooked her up with a short guy my height cause I had a cf myself at the time.
Fell in love with her but kept it on the low.
I broke up with my gf continued to be a mate with this girl because she was still with that guy I hooked her up with.
She was self conscious about her weight and figure but she could of had an arm missing, 3ft on me, and twice her with and I wouldn't of given the slightest fuck her soul is golden gilded light.
We cuddled in bed once so I know she finds me attractive.
But ever since she left my mate she's been gushing about how she can't wait to find a tall guy. One who's :finally taller than me"
She has a date this weekend and she talked with awe about his height. 6'3 and she talked in detail about how tall that is using different measurements and comparisons.
Every other girl I've been with despite trying to hide it gushes over height.
>that delicate way they talk when trying to convince you they don't care
>that certain awe when ever they see or talk about a tall handsome man
It kills a man. I diet, gym, spend money on fitted clothes but I can't change my height.
I would want for her no matter what shape she took but my height is too much.

Every partner I've had and will have I wont be able to ignore the thought of "if you could change me she would" or "she thinks I'm merely the best she can get or good enough"
>>
>>17517815
I'm 26 and your height. Can't remember the last time height has been brought up. Have I been rejected because of my height? Probably, but there's no sense in worrying about it. People won't like people for lots of reasons.

When I was younger and in football I caught some crap about it but everyone picked on everyone. Just gotta get good at the banter. Quick wit will make people laugh and like you.
>>
>>17517827
This. He probably thought it was hilarious at first, but I wonder if he's tired of it by now.
>>
>>17518415
>a lot of people have been rejected from jobs because of their height

That's bullshit and you know it. Your story is probably made up too.
>>
Peyton manning was 6'3 in college, and graduated at 6'5. I'm 6'0 but quit growing at 18. Everyone is different
>>
File: 1445242396946.jpg (129KB, 863x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445242396946.jpg
129KB, 863x1080px
>>17518496
>that delicate way they talk when trying to convince you they don't care
>that certain awe when ever they see or talk about a tall handsome man
probably the same way guys talk about cute girls.
I'm a guy and I would prefer a girl at about my shoulder height, which is ~ 5'5, with a cute face. My current gf is 5'11, skinny with angular face and it bummed me out a bit, I almost did something stupid the last time we were at a restaurant and I saw this qt thick latina...then again I love my gf, but I cant help but being sexually attracted to a different body type.
>>
>>17518516
And again
http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/meru/barred-police-recruitment-due-to-height/1183302-3145352-13nejaw/index.html

http://www.employment-studies.co.uk/news/heightism-unacknowledged-bias

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_discrimination

http://www.jonathanrauch.com/jrauch_articles/height_discrimination_short_guys_finish_last/index.html

Or you proof your point with studies and shit, or just shut the fucking up, arrogant cunt.
>>
>>17518529
legit but here's the difference.
Me and my mates talk. The guys will talk about what they find attractive and it'll be everything under the sun. Short lithe figures, tall and toned, chubby and curvy, Asian to African call it slutty but my mates and me will see the sexiness in everything.
My female mates though.
Tall, fit, good style.
That's it. They may throw names of celebs and particulars might change but really that's it. And tall is almost always the first thing they'll say.
>>
>>17518558
>3rd world shithole single article
>generic study about statistics
>wikipedia
>blogger

Not one of those tells you about being rejected from jobs solely because of height.

Once more, did they outright reject you from the start because of your height? How do you know they did?
>>
>>17518582
Cause they specifically say "the other waiters are tall and you are more short than our girls. It's not good for the image of our local, sorry"(hope that the translation is correct)
>3rd world shithole single article
Ok, 3rd world. So don't count. LEL
>generic study about statistics
"Generic study" is what matter. It's what i ask you instead of your rants
>wikipedia
leads you to a lot of sources if you know how to navigate it
>blogger
He just report what "The Economist" said. So it's not a thing written by a blogger.
>>
>>17518598
If you are 5'6", you are about 168cm. Where do you live where every girl is taller than that?
>>
>>17518610
North Europe. 167cm(Or something like that) is the average for girls and all the girl that work there were tall.
>>
>>17518618
Jos olet suomalainen niin hakeudu jo psykiatrin puheille.
>>
>>17518618
If that were true you could have gone to any evening tabloid and told them your story. They would have loved it.
>>
>>17518625
>>17518632
No, i don't need a psychologist.
And that's it. If a girl yell "rape" everyone believe her. If a guy say, and also proof that what he say can be true, that was discriminated for something like height, he is a liar. I don't even want to continue this discussion, just end this here, it's useless.
>>
>>17518637
You are seriously mentally ill. False rape charges are not easy to pull off. And in this sjw world you could easily get media attention if you get rejected because of height. Plus it's illegal. You are just making this all up.
>>
File: 1459900636667.jpg (239KB, 795x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459900636667.jpg
239KB, 795x960px
>>17518637
kek
>>
>>17518637
Dude your grammar is messed.
And take it from a 5ft bloke whose worked in everything from gardening to to graphic design.
At lest where I'm from jobs don't give a shit. Entry level jobs just want someone who doesn't smoke weed, has a car and no criminal record.
And on high end jobs the only thing corporations care about is your skill in your profession now post some real examples or accept your bullshit argument.
And the hell is with the woman hate? Are you really going to say that men are unfairly judged on their appearance and complain that female coddling is a thing in the same sentence?
>>
>>17518721
>Dude your grammar is messed.
>At lest
Ok. At least i said before that my english is bad.

>And take it from a 5ft bloke whose
Guys here are saying that they don't believe me. So it's pretty normal that you are not a 5ft man. Also you are a NEET probably.

>now post some real examples
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/LAW/05/31/dorf.height.discrimination/index.html Here. And I didn't google it, just in the wikipedia. Now are you happy? I guess not because you are right, there is not discrimination cause you say so. Also because, since i didn't google it, i found a case that end up well. So it's again "you making this all up cause you didn't go to police".

>And the hell is with the woman hate?
Where i say that i hate woman? Are you projecting?
>>
>>17518739
If you carry on like this, with a chip on your shoulder, taking height related discussions so personally, people will pick on you or at least notice your insecurity.

We can't do anything about making short people taller, so no reason to fret over it like a woman. Man up.
>>
>>17518760
Man up means fight for your right. Only little girls shut up and swallow everything. And i repeat "only little girls" not because i hate woman. But because even a grown up woman want to fight for their rights. That's real difference between "insecurities" and "discrimination".
>>
File: Bad-Posture-Examples.png (72KB, 309x222px) Image search: [Google]
Bad-Posture-Examples.png
72KB, 309x222px
>>17517815
Fixing your posture may add an inch or two
>>
>>17518776
Look dude outside of dating which is subjective for lots of people, I can't think of any times I've been discriminated over my height. If you keep carrying on like some SJW then most people are going to treat you like the joke you are.
>>
>>17518739
>you are a neet
gangster that wouldn't make a difference if I was

>http://edition.cnn.com/2004/LAW/05/31/dorf.height.discrimination/index.html
So your example that men are unfairly judged on their appearance is how the Chinese gov discriminates in hiring when appearance is concerned? They're a country that wants to make everything they do seem perfect. So yeah, they demand the face of their government to look good. I mean maybe I would give you that point if only men were judged but that case isn't male specific. Hell that's china, a country where marriage markets is a thing that's real. You're complaining about the curtains not matching in a house that's on fire with that one.
Maybe use an study from your own country would be better. Not on cherry picked from a fucked up country.

>Where i say that i hate woman? Are you projecting?
Your comparison of your claim of the ease (with no prompt or need to) that woman will be believed when they claim rape (an actual fucking social problem) to your idea than when 'men' (only heard you so diligently try to stress this point though so not really 'men' more so just 'you) claim this injustice that they are not so easily and your frustration of it believed implies a resentment of this imagined difference. This resentment when based off a argument so ill conceived and faulty would only be adopted and stressed by a person desperate enough of a reason to be angry at women.

> p r o j e c t i n g
Nah mate, would have to have an unfounded disdain for women to do that.

Just mate if you want to talk about how much it sucks to be a short guy then I'm your brother. But damn when it comes to the list of unjust discrimination on getting a job. If male height is on there, it's a loooong way down.
>>
>>17518776
Manning up means knowing when you're beat kid.
It's being too sulky to accept it that makes you a boy.
>>
>>17518822
>Maybe use an study from your own country would be better. Not on cherry picked from a fucked up country.
Ok.
http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/observatories/eurwork/articles/volvos-demand-for-a-specific-height-for-female-work-applicant-is-discrimination-the-swedish-labour

And is a woman D: So I'm not some misogynist evil person. (Also, on wikipedia this things too.) By google it i found this http://epubs.utah.edu/index.php/ulr/article/viewFile/246/218
I actually don't know what say. I probably read right now. But just sayin.

>This resentment when based off a argument
I hate neo feminism, not woman. I'm not interested if you are a woman or a man. If you are a neo feminism, i hate you. And the rape culture was created by them.

>>17518795
Isn't "subjective". A lot of girls think that the tall man are "genetically superior", and is completely false.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/foxo3-gene-linked-to-why-short-people-live-longer/story-fneuz9ev-1226921797215
For example. I assure you that there are a lot of better feature in short mans.

People also think that tall man are more powerful and so more protective, and this is another bullshit. For example Musashi Miyamoto, that was really short, won over 300 duels. So even if short was more powerful that a lot of tall dudes. While Cassius Klein and so on, a tall dude, won a lot of fight against short dudes. Tall mans are not better than short mans. Only different.

Add the magic "napoleon complex" created by some retard and prove it completely false, and you understand that maybe there is something real about all this.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.