[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignore pic, just googled caption. I've been with my gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: 43231668[1].jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
43231668[1].jpg
49KB, 400x400px
Ignore pic, just googled caption.

I've been with my gf for almost 3 and a half years now, and I'm planning to propose in a couple weeks. However, she has this close friend from back in school who keeps flirting with her through text every so often and she seems to like it. I've addressed the issue and she says she didn't even know he was flirting, just being nice, despite his flirtations being along the lines of "We should go on a trip to France", "We should move in together", "When it comes to us, nothing's off the table". That last one my gf thought he just meant nothing's off the table when it comes to talking about life problems and such. The guy knows about me as well so he's just being a right jerk. So I'm stressed out and paranoid about it, obviously. Or am I in the wrong, /adv/?

Not only that, but there was this advert with Britney Spears in it and I meant to say I'd like to see my gf in that outfit, but contextually it sounded like I wanted to see Britney in it. Just a slip of the tongue but fuck I hate myself so much for it, but I can't correct it cause it means bringing up my mistake and prolonging my gf getting over it.
>>
The fact that she's even maintaining a dialogue with this asshole means she's not your best choice any more. Dump her whore ass and find someone faithful.
>>
If he's saying shit like he wants to whisk her away to other continents, either one or both of them are up to something. How did you come up find out about this?
>>
>>17517807
Big red flag there senpai.

You better have some serious talk with your girl and ask if it would be OK with her if you had a girl friend who kept flirting with you.
>>
>>17517807
You need to sit your girlfriend down, and tell her directly you don't like the advances he makes on you. Whether she understands they're advances or not is irrelevant, they are. Make she understands your discomfort, and that you'd like him to stop. After that, it depends on her reaction whether or not you propose to her or not. Either she'll say "okay I'll tell him to quit that shit," or she'll defend him and throw a fit letting you know she ain't the one.
>>
>>17517807
None of that is flirting. Either she's already cheating, or you're the guy she's cheating with. Sorry.
>>
>>17517819
I saw his messages pop up once when I was using her laptop, and then his texts when she was on her phone in front of me.

>>17517821
>>17517832
She claims she doesn't think its flirting. She deleted their chat on facebook and has now done the same for text. In the past some of his advances she has said were a problem, and since deleting logs of messages they don't chat for weeks/months. It's just every so often they'll have a 'catch-up' chat where his flirting continues.

>>17517842
She physically can't already be cheating. I'm her first bf.
>>
>>17517845
Cheating isn't totally physical, mate. I'd be long for the hills if I was you.
>>
>>17517845
Sit her down, and let her know how you feel. If she refuses to budge, then there are some shit you two need to deal with.
>>
>>17517807
If she's still taking to him when he's trying to get her to move in with him or go on trips, all while knowing about you, she's looking out for what's best for her. Take that as you will.
>>
>le "i don't think he's flirting" meme that whores pull
They just want the attention.

The thing about women, especially attractive ones, is that they are raised being put on a pedestal. People constantly tell them how pretty they are, how hot they are, constant flirting and compliments from puberty until 30 years old.

This is why they are too naive and dumb to understand when a guy is making advances. They just assume all guys talk like that. Even if she doesn't want his dick, she definitely wants his attention, and that's a problem for you OP.

God I hate women i wish i was gay.
>>
>>17517867
Yes, I'm aware of that. Especially when I say stupid things like end of OP. I'm worried she thinks he will be more suited for her than me.

>>17517868
I wondered whether it was the attention too, but that makes me feel more shit, like, am I not good/doing enough?

The irritating thing is this guy is literally the stereotypical jerk just doing the whole 'nicest guy in the world' act, pandering to her every word. I did that in the first place to get her, but over the years I felt our relationship had matured to more realistic sort, hence her living with me now and that we basically building a life together already.
>>
>>17517876
Sounds like you're both a couple of assholes. I'm sorry she got caught in the middle.
>>
>>17517876
It sounds like she's got a shitton of insecurity issues and she uses this guy to fall back on whenever she feels that way. The fact that she's still antsy about you making a mistake about Britney Spears says as much. The only thing you can do is bring it up with her, man. Stop dodging it and do it.
>>
>>17517885
I did over the weekend, she said she wanted to be with and spend her life with me, and she deleted their text log, but that's as far as it went. Idk what to think after that.
>>
>>17517888
Tell her to stop talking to him dude. Tell her that as a fellow man, you know what flirting is, and it upsets you that she's trailing this dude along.

If she's deleting messages, then she's hiding something.
Some anons will say this is a bad idea, but try talking to her about it after you've both had a couple drinks. The truth from both of you will slide out a lot easier.
>>
>>17517888
You say you brought it up with her recently and she acquiesced by deleting the chat log? And he hasn't contacted her since then? If yes to those questions, don't worry about it and just wait a month to see if they interact again. Hold off on your proposal until the month is up. If they interact again, you gotta put your foot down and tell her you don't want him talking to her like that and would appreciate her telling him that. If she can't abide by that, she ain't the one.
>>
>>17517913
Well yeah, this is where Idk what to do. I feel like our relationship has hit a little bump, and probing about that guy will make her think I'm doubting her/not having trust/faith in her. Which I suppose is true at this point, but I don't want her to take that the wrong way cause obviously I still want to be with her. That's why I'm posting on fucking 4chan of all places for help.
>>
>>17517888
3,5 years together. First bf, did you have girldriends before? how old are you guys?

Maybe I'm more of a realist than romantic but 96.458% End before death, that is to say most people don't stay with their first boy/girlfriend for life, especially not in this day and age.

3,5 years is a good ride, maybe time to let it go.
>>
whore is playing dumb
hes keeping the guy as a safe option in case your wallett shrinks
>>
>>17517940
We're both 22.

>>17517949
It won't, so...
>>
>>17517954
Yea, bern together since you were 18,5 ...
Do you love her more than anything? Think about the future, 5 years together? 15 years? See yourself raising kids with her? Imagine you are 65, retired. Are you sitting in a portch in a double rockingchair holding her hand?

Than maybe fight for it. If she is not willing to cut the contact with this guy when it clearly annoys you, she is seeing a future with someone else, a dream boyfriend, and friendship is more inportant than some guy you're dating for a while.

Maybe, she is just naive about guys intentions, redpill her..
>>
>>17517954
you are arrogant and dumb
you deserve to marry this whore
>>
>>17517926
I know. That's why I asked those two questions first. See, if you hadn't confronted her yet I'd say what >>17517897 said. But you already did, and now she's all tender and shit about it like how women get when they're caught doing something they know they shouldn't. So just leave it all be for a month. Just wait and watch. If they interact and he makes with the flirting, let her know you ain't having that shit. IF this transpires, and she refuses to listen to you, she's not the one.
>>
>>17517970
Yes. I'm fighting so hard, but I always feel like I'm being more of a pain/nuisance.

Redpill as in ultimatum? Our situation is different from the norm though. She effectively ran away from home to be with me. She doesn't have a car, and has nowhere to go. She's pretty dependent on me at this point. It's a bit unfair because of course she would choose to stay with me, regardless of whether she really wanted to or not simply because it's easier to stay with me.

Side note: Because of said situation, we weren't telling anyone of it to avoid her parents attempting something if they were to find our location (they've gotten close-ish, but that's a whole other story). Regardless, I told my friends cause obviously it was a big thing, but she never told her friends. She doesn't keep in touch with her friends much at all, but she confided in them when we were close to breaking it off 2 years ago. We managed to fight through it and our relationship was stronger ever since, so I thought. So it seems like she doesn't want to tell them out of worry for their reaction (since they don't like me and encouraged her to leave me).

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER, this guy who's been flirting, she only told him when he made contact recently. She said she's finally moved from home........ but with friends. Not me. Friends (I share with people but they're not our friends). She even demanded that when she gets her OWN place, he come visit. Now, that's what we're working on right now. We're working on finding our own place together and she talks about "when we live together" from time to time. So essentially, she's invited him to come visit OUR place. Unless she really is planning to just leave me once she has the money.

Fuck, what a mess. If things seem alright today then I'll just leave it as people have suggested, but if she continues being moody I'm gonna bring it up cause it's just too shitty sitting here thinking about it.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>17518007
She sounds incredibly lonely and uses the guy as validation. Good luck, man.
>>
>>17518007
You are from the Us? She is 22, her family can't come take her, thats kidnapping, she is an adult. They in some sect? She was abused?

She wants her own place, seems pretty clear she is staying with you caus tbere is no other option and that she wants to get with this other guy.
From what I understand.
>>
>>17518007

If you love her, stay with her and work things out, but don't be in any hurry to rush marriage. You'd only be fucking yourself over as she tries to figure out what she wants. You're only 22. Wait until you're at least 25 before popping the question--you'll thank me later.
>>
>>17517845
>She claims she doesn't think its flirting
Put your dick in another woman and claim you don't think it's cheating. You don't just get to decide what entails as what for yourself.

Either way dump her
>>
>>17518007
>BUT HERE'S THE KICKER, this guy who's been flirting, she only told him when he made contact recently. She said she's finally moved from home........ but with friends. Not me. Friends (I share with people but they're not our friends). She even demanded that when she gets her OWN place, he come visit. Now, that's what we're working on right now. We're working on finding our own place together and she talks about "when we live together" from time to time. So essentially, she's invited him to come visit OUR place. Unless she really is planning to just leave me once she has the money.
I'm sorry, but those are not the actions of someone that wants to settle down and get married. She's keeping you a secret from this guy, and whatever reason she has for doing so, it's not a good one.
>>
>>17518033
Well she's keeping me a secret from everyone apparently. She's told him and some others that I'm her bf, but that's it. But in the past couple months she's told my own mother that she'd like me to propose. But even then that could have just been cause it was my mum
>>
>>17518027
The way I see it is I should have proposed months back. She's the one I want to be with so I don't see why I should wait to ask the question. She can say no without it being over, as awkward as it would be.
>>
>>17518045
She could be looking for alimony. Divorcing you and taking half of everything. She is unemployed you say...
>>
>>17518044

Well, some people are just weird like that. A former friend of mine did the exact same thing to me. Bla bla I got this new phone from a friend. Not until they broke up did she spill she was actually in a relationship. Some people are just private like that.
>>
>>17518064
She has a job.

>>17518073
Sure, I get that, but when he's flirting with her it's like, come on, tell him ffs.

I'm going to work now so won't be able to check back till this evening. Keep the advice/opinions/perspectives coming, really appreciate it.
>>
Press 1 if you think OP should show his gf this thread.
>>
OP is incredibly stubborn and arrogant and won't listen to valid points. Fuck this thread. Watch what this results in OP, you'll see
>>
>>17518044
>But in the past couple months she's told my own mother that she'd like me to propose.
If she's living with you because you're her only option, and she doesn't make a livable wage, you're her meal ticket.

>>17518045
>She's the one I want to be with so I don't see why I should wait to ask the question.
Grow up, OP. You can love someone and still put the same effort and commitment towards them without marriage. If you two can't wait a few years, because "muh love," then you're getting married for the wrong reasons. It's a legally binding contract that has the potential to screw you over for the rest of your life.
>>
>>17517926
she didn't delete the chat logs out of respect for you and your relationship but because there was incriminating content
>>
>>17517845
>She claims she doesn't think its flirting. She deleted their chat on facebook and has now done the same for text.
She's destroying evidence.
>She physically can't already be cheating.
Denial. Also cheat doesn't have to be physical.
>>
>>17517807
She took so many dicks they call her pussy Mariana trench.
>>
OP, listen to the advice in this thread and stop rationalizing and performing mental gymnastics to justify the situation. All these anons are right - if you marry this girl you will regret it. You're already dating and living together, so just keep doing that and don't make things more complicated than they need to be. You're only 22 and you started dating at 18 - you're both children and have no sense of perspective. Marriage is for the rest of your life - there's no need to rush things and jump into a situation you'll regret
>>
>>17517807
Welcome back from work anon, now listen to he other anons, no marrige now!
Only reason to marry at 22 was back when it was shameful to have kids out of marrige.
If you love someone be with them, marrige does not lock it down, guarantee anything, except giving her half in divorce and paying alimony.
You marry out of tax reason after you buy a home together and hva kids.
Muh love - need to show the world I love her is a bullshit reason..

Also, you did not reply earlier, have you had gf before? Other lays?
If not, dump her, but still help her out as you care. Get new gfs, fuck around, enjoy life. Later you can possibly bang her again or get back together if it is ment to be.. My 2 cents.
>>
>>17517807
Hey OP, I was in literally the same situation as you.

>dated girl my senior year
>First boyfriend for her
>Got kicked out
>Lived with me with friends until we got an apartment
>Doesn't have a car or anything, works across the street from the apartments
>Now we're living in a home that I own
>Now has her own car
>Going strong for four years now

Only difference is I'm not looking to marry until I'm ready, and she would never disrespect our relationship so much as to continue talking to another guy for any reason if they tried to flirt with her. Your girlfriend is doing some shady shit, whether she plans on doing anything with this guy or not. Get down to the bottom of this and forget about proposing the near future.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.