[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My roommate and I are 25 year old women who live together alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1469925693933.jpg (29KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469925693933.jpg
29KB, 700x466px
My roommate and I are 25 year old women who live together alone in a sort of old, rickety house. We have been best friends since the 4th grade and have lived together since January. My roommate has had a few service industry jobs and has always claimed to make better friends with the males rather than the females. She has been working at this new place for about a month and a half, and met some new friends (two males) and has invited them over regularly (2 or 3 times a week) to smoke pot out back or drink until about 4 in the morning. (I am not a smoker/drinker) Once, without warning, she invited them over to spend the night. They slept on the couch. I was frustrated, but realized she has just as much ability to allow people over as I do, and so I left it alone. One day, she had her weed dealer come into the house to sell her some weed. Fast forward. Today she invited one of the same previous men over. I was trying to be polite and began talking to him about random things. He mentioned not being able to vote because he is a felon and I played it cool. I went into my room a short while later and googled his name. He has been arrested 4 times in the past year for theft, burglary, and violation of parole. Now I feel very uncomfortable, and a bit unsafe, but do not know how to approach the situation without appearing judgemental. Please help.
>>
>>17517414
Tell her that you feel uncomfortable with felons in the house that you do not know.
Make sure that your friend is ALWAYS home when the felon is over, and keep your eye on him.

I find it weird that you're best friends with someone who seems to be totally different than you. A friend of a friend is usually trustworthy, right?

Consider giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe that felon isn't so bad after all lol
>>
>>17517414
I'd just tell your roommate "hey, you know that dudes a burglar, right?" and she'll be like "yeah, but he's cool now, blah blah blah" and she'll probably continue to be trashy.

I'd probably have a lot of fun with such a roommate, but as a straight edge you're in a tricky situation. Just roll with it, and put your foot down if it gets too bad. Keep some mace or a knife on you and keep your valuables hidden.

You half to walk the edge between knowing that it's unfair of her to make you feel uncomfortable in your own home, and knowing that it's unfair for you to assume that someone is dangerous because they're a thief. So keep your options open.
>>
Never, and I mean NEVER allow drug dealers into your house

What are you, stupid?

Just because he's a drug dealer doesn't mean he's stupid, but the fact that he's a felon means that he'll happily look through your shit and notice anything of value

NEVER allow drug deals to go down where you love unless you like shitting where you eat too

Want some advice? Change a lock or two and tell your cunt of a roommate to buy shit outside of the house or at shops if it's only weed
>>
>>17517456
>>17517464
thanks for your responses. my roommate has always been sort of a mess, but i've always been regarded as the 'responsible one.' i care for her and we grew up together so i guess even though we ended up different in terms of our habits, we care about each other a lot.

we had an issue earlier this year where i had to spend a few nights at my dad's house because she made some poor choices in a significant other who ended up going batshit insane and who she gave a copy of our house key to. (was stalking us, we had to call the cops, etc.) i sort of am beginning to question her judgement in people but realize that is an extra shitty thing to say. i mostly just want to finish this lease and move on to somewhere that she can stay if she needs to, but i don't need her to pay the bills in.

but still, i have the creeps.

also, i have renters insurance. any chance that if my things are stolen they will be covered by it? should i start taking pictures of the things i own?
>>
>>17517474
maybe a little stupid, i guess. would it be a good idea to add a lock to my own door to my room or is that worthless desu?
>>
>>17517414
>without appearing judgemental
what the fuck your roommate sounds like she's been around the block one too many times. There's only common sense in this situation, no judging involved
>>
>>17517489
I understand that you care for your roommate, but I don't know why you wouldn't have locked your own door the moment she started bringing in strangers into your home

Yes it's a good idea, and move out ASAP unless you want to contribute to feel nervous about what she's doing. You don't have to coddle her either, tell her that she's fucking up and has been for a while, it's what a good person would do
>>
>>17517414
Either move or get a lock on your door, but the whole situation sounds incredibly harmless.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.