[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is wrong if everything in your life is great and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What the fuck is wrong if everything in your life is great and you lack nothing, but you still keep feeling like something is missing, and are not happy?
>>
>>17517206
Hmm, I don't know. I've never had my life that together. I doubt many people in /adv/ have. I need more info to venture a guess:
How old are you?
Do you watch your thoughts very often? If so, do you obsess over fantasies, anxieties, things like that?
Do you have any ambitions? Maybe you want to help miserable people or become really good at something?
>>
What makes other people happy doesn't necessarily make you happy

Sounds like depression. Your life might be great but if your brain chemicals decide to fuck you over, you could be king of the world and still feel unhappy. Synapses and shit. Get some melatonin and a therapist
>>
>>17517206
This could be a variety of things. If you drink every day or extremely often, then you're going to be depressed (even when you're not drinking) because it's a depressant.

What are you eating? Are you eating manifolds and not much else? Your body relies on that nourishment to create energy, and chemicals you need to be happy and healthy.

Do you work out? Or do you sit at a computer job? Or do you sit and watch TV as your 'unwind' time?
>>
>>17517241
I'm 22, and keep fantasising/obsessing about thoughts of sex and romantic love, but whenever an opportunity for either emerges, I really just don't care for it at all.

I'm in a bit difficult life situation to do anything that'd help others, save for small financial donations to some organisations. I'd donate blood if I had the opportunity, but I do physical work and the red cross people only show up in this town every once in a while.

I'm working on a book, though. Not a good one, I guess, but it's something.
>>
>>17517251
I'm on sertraline.

>>17517258
I like drinking, though. Not getting to drink makes me roughly as depressed as the effects of alcohol.

I have no idea what a manifold is. I do eat fruit, and most of my work lunches are vegetable soups.

I do a fairly physical job (hence why I can't donate blood as often as I'd like), but save for the eight hours I spend on my feet carrying/pushing/dragging products, I usually browse the internet or read.

Save for friday nights, when I go out to get drunk, walking around the city with my own thoughts while listening to music or playing Pokemon Go.
>>
>>17517260
Most people that I know aren't truly happy without a lover.

So what goes wrong when you have the opportunity? Does people never live up to your expectations, does it not seem worth the effort?
>>
Also, I was briefly on an SSRI and it really fucked my libido/sleeping schedule. Wasn't worth it at all.

My depression/anxiety issues went away on their own after a few years of trying to have a good attitude and listening to cheesy dharma talks until the common sense life lessons they talk about sunk in, among other things (I'm 27 now, for reference).
>>
>>17517284
They're just not appetising. Not The Perfect Thing.

>>17517344
Dharma?
>>
>>17517364
The Dharma is the collection of teachings of the Buddha. It's incredibly cheesy, and if you aren't a Buddhist you'll probably just want to ignore a lot of parts. Here's a guy I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzNpDmyECE
There are tons of them on dharma seed, they tend to just be simple lessons, skillful ways to deal with stress. But it takes some patience to get used to their terminology and stuff.

As for finding someone attractive, I don't really know. Other than that brief time on antidepressants, I've always found most women extremely attractive. There were times I was too angry or self-loathing to act on it, but the attraction was always there.
>>
>>17517398
I do consider myself a buddhist, on some level. It's a pleasantly low-maintenance religion and the one that made the most sense to me. I'm not one of those white people with all the symbols tatted all over them, though.

I've only been on the pills for like two weeks and I can recall always being like this. I was sad when I was 8 and I'm sad now, and I can't picture a single time that I would have actively wanted sex. If it weren't for the few boys I had crushes on as a teen, I wouldn't even know I'm gay.
>>
>>17517430
>white buddhist
>faggot
>>
>>17517430
Perhaps the pills will help, then. They can clearly effect libido, and it takes a while for them to kick in.

Maybe you're only attracted to a very specific type of person, or need the guy to make the first move. Maybe working on your appearance and feeling sexier yourself would let you go after more attractive guys that are easier to fall for. Or maybe reconnecting with other passions in your life and dealing with other issues will reignite something. Maybe hanging out in the gay community more would help, if you don't already.

Those are pretty much random guesses, like I said, I'm a horny bastard.
>>
>>17517496
I do think I have a specific type, one so damn rare I've never met one. Not sure if I'd actually be attracted to someone like that irl if I actually ever did bump into one, though.

I don't really have any passions. I'm a fairly zen person, not really interested in anything.
>>
It's a fucking chemical imbalance, you should know that. Like there's people who have a vested interest in keeping you from going to see a doctor and they will straight up forcefeed you their manufactured version of the truth, they will say anything, to keep you from getting the help you need, the help that is available and that will help.

The sensation that something is missing is preceeded by an understanding of something that you had, is it so?
>>
>>17517519
I've been in and out with shrinks amd therapists since I was 14.

what do you mean with the latter part?
>>
>>17517568
I mean you're a shitcunt. A cunt that only gives birth to shit.
>>
>>17517572
Have I offended you?
>>
>>17517206
What are you missing?
>>
>>17517617
No goddamn clue. All my needs are being met.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.