[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I should be with my boyfriend anymore, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o0r1efhoTX1u427j7o1_540.jpg (65KB, 540x439px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0r1efhoTX1u427j7o1_540.jpg
65KB, 540x439px
I don't think I should be with my boyfriend anymore, but I don't know how to leave him, and I'm not ready to...

so after a long string of events, ive seen parts of my boyfriend that I was either blind to before, or didn't know about. but anyway, I don't think I can be with him anymore now with what I know. I don't think I can have the type of future I want with him, but I still love him, and I'm still a little attached to him, and I'm scared to leave him.

how do you leave people in these situations? I definitely need more time to think about it, but I need to be guided in the right direction, I feel like if I stayed with him one day I will really regret it when things go wrong and he wont be there for me..

guide on how to leave someone ?
>>
It depends on how big the issues are and how integral they might be to who he is.

The person he is will never change. If he did bad stuff in the past, but has abandoned that part of his life, there might be hope.

My advice is to find some catalyst for leaving him. Make a big change in your life. Find a job in another town, for instance.

There's no easy way to do it. He'll be hurt either way and there's no way he won't take it personally. If you're feeling this way, make plans now, especially if you're living together. When you do it, do it properly. Face to face, then move on.
>>
>>17516123
Why do you have to leave him? Why can't you just tell him about the things that bother you?
>>
>>17516156
>>17516165

the issues are big. I was sick on our vacation and in return, I complained a lot and I was irritable and annoying. when we got back we found out I had lyme disease. I was in the emergency room and he was texting me telling me to shut the fuck up. he has been absent throughout my whole sickness. i know this isn't the only time in my life i will be sick. i need someone who will be there for me. his friends also disrespect me, and hes a narcissist,and thinks hes better/smarter than everyone and cares way too much about impressing people and money etc.

i actually am considering moving..closer to my school. its two hours from where we live now, so maybe then things would just fall aprt -_-
>>
>>17516180
That does suck. Maybe try asking him why. He could have been scared for you and avoiding the situation instead of dealing with it.
>>
>>17516180
I see. Yeah, those would be very difficult if not impossible for him to overcome (in my opinion)

I think breaking things off would be best. Be clear and honest, tell him why. Be concise, but make it so there is no doubting why you are breaking up with him. I say this because I think its the kindest way to let someone down (in the long-term). I've had a girl just slowly drift away, and it made me insane trying to figure out why. I still don't know, but can only guess it was probably for the something similar to what you're saying.

Generally as males, I feel like we take a little longer to mature in an emotional sense. Have you ever considered dating someone a little older than him?
>>
>>17516180
>be an annoying cunt
>surprised people tell you to shut the hell up
>>
>>17516229
its not even just that but he treated me so bad because i was sick and didn't even try to take care of me. and this whole month while ive been sick, ive seen him once a week. its just..not right.

>>17516247
yeah... i mean i guess maybe i have been drifting away. basically by that i mean i don't care if we don't hangout, and i don't care to text him back right away, i honestly juts don't give a shit at all, and i used to drive myself crazy with things like that.. but i don't even care if we don't talk in a day anymore. i don't wonder what hes doing or anything, like i just don't care anymore i see him as a completely different person now. and yeah that's true, and yeah i mean if we broke up i definitely would have a really different way of choosing someone to date.
>>
>>17516247

but hes honestly like a narcissistic and just so gone/hes not really a good like humble/hearty person imo. he cares too much about money, power, and shallow things. today on the phone the things he was saying was just making me dislike him more and more. its crazy. i was just so blind before
>>
>>17516285
How long have you known him? How long have you been dating?
>>
>>17516325

been together for a year and a half, knew him for like 6 months before that sorta, we were in a class together but didn't start talking/seeing each other till the class was over

idk, just with everything i know, i feel like ill be stupid if i don't leave him. i don't think he will be there for me in the future. god forbid something awful happens and he wont be there, i will be abanonded.. not only that but like i said hes a narcissist, borderline emotionally abusive, not dependable, i don't like how he thinks anymore. i just honestly see him as a whole new person after a bunch of events happened.. i think this is how i saw him before i got attached and blind by love... =/
>>
>>17516325
also hes SOOOOO cheap, selfish, and selfish with money. i know that he will never be financially supportive to me no matter how much money he makes or has.....

basically i just don't think i have a happy future if i stay with him... i know what i have to do. its just gonna be hard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.