[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the quickest and cheapest way to get property or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1469106485645.jpg (2MB, 926x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469106485645.jpg
2MB, 926x1200px
What's the quickest and cheapest way to get property or become a home owner as someone who has no family?
>>
>>17516065
Pro tip: buying a home is never quick. I think it took me a month and a half to close on my home and my lender expected it to close in no less than two. Also you need good credit if you can't rely on family to co-sign, so I hope you have a high score/long history of credit.

Also pro tip: Being a home owner is not cheap, but your tax return will fucking kick ass. A way to keep your home expenses cheap is to rent out a room (if possible), unplug what you don't use (it helps more than you know), and above all, if it's a simple fix, fix it before it becomes UN-simple. Other than that being a home owner is simply not cheap. Once you move in there are things you won't think of that you'll need to buy last minute, if you have a yard you'll need the tools to maintain it. There are so many things, honestly I could just keep going and I've only been a home owner for a few months.
>>
>>17516065
Go to Detroit and buy one of those $1 houses
>>
>>17516092
Oh, btw, another thing to consider are closing costs, which can be negotiated; say they're asking a few thousand too much for the home. Instead of haggling them down a few thousand, say you'll pay the price they're asking (or even cut it down by a reasonable number) if they will cover closing costs. My closing cost was $7700 but I payed the price the seller asked (which still gave me equity in the house even though the price was a hit much) under the agreement that he would pay my FHA fees and closing cost. Also go FHA if you're a first time home buyer, which you obviously are.
>>
>>17516092
So being a home owner is more expensive than renting for life?
>>
What's the annual property tax on a trailer I wonder?
>>
>>17516546
Depends on where you live I guess but in most cases it's probably better to own property. I live in the southern states so for me I can spend anywhere from $550 to $800 on rent alone for a 550-900 sqft apartment, or I can buy a home with an escrow account and pay $700 for a 1300 sqft home on a 12,000sqft lot. Utilities were only like a $100 increase for me so all and all my monthly payments increased like $200 when I moved from an apartment to a house.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.