[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looking for a job >find a job for cashier at grocery store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].1&f=1.jpg (15KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].1&f=1.jpg
15KB, 300x266px
>looking for a job
>find a job for cashier at grocery store
>application takes almost 45 minutes to fill out
>"Great! Click below to start the assessment!"
>"Assessment may take 45-60min"
>45 pages of 3-4 questions such as
"If you caught a coworker slacking off, would you A) Tell them to get back to work, B) Tell the manager, or C) Shoot them in the face" slightly teaked and repeated

How the fuck does anyone get a job anymore?? Is this shit only for unskilled labor?
>>
>>17515465

Sorry, that was supposed to be "*helping son* who's looking for job"
>>
>>17515465
lel. I just came from Target and Publix about 20 mins ago filling out those same applications, and have already applied to like 10 places online

Most tedious thing I've ever done. Fucking sucks that everything is online now, especially when you have no exp besides volunteering.

>how do I get a job
You just don't give up and apply everywhere. You can't really choose. Apply in person if you can. If not, call them and tell them about your app if you can. Just get lucky as all hell
>>
>>17515465

mostly, yeah. any real job only interviews people who have the experience or education, and they just need to see if ur a good fit for what hte company does itself.

but ur not applying for real jobs ur applying for groccery store. anyone can do it, so why waste their time sorting through the masses?

im NOT looking forward to hiring next year
>>
>>17515465
No, this shit is for everyone. The process for unskilled labour is actually really streamlined and takes about 2h per application at worst.

The process for skilled positions can take 4-5 hours of online tests & forms before you even meet or talk to a real person.

It's an employers market. They need to cut out the shit somehow and this lets them do it on the cheap
>>
Why SHOULDN'T they ask those questions of prospective employees?

>Is this shit only for unskilled labor?
They ask you much trickier questions for proper jobs. If you're having trouble with these simple ones, you're practically unemployable
>>
>>17515482
Just employ a plucky young lad from California with a math degree.
>>
Do those hypothetical questions have a great influence on whether you get interviewed or not? I'd imagine they just look at your creds, availability, and interview you to ask you those scenarios in person. I've just been answering what it pretty logical and haven't been taking them too seriously. Are there wrong and right answers (excluding retarded responses i.e It's okay for me and coworkers to do drugs to concentrate on the job)?
>>
>>17515573

were in los angeles so yeah. dont need a math degree tho.
>>
>>17515582
What does your company do? IE here btw.
>>
>>17515593

ie?

i manage a psychic, and were starting to make more money so my boss decided his assistant needs an assistant.
>>
>>17515542

It's actually quite the opposite. Only a moron would have trouble with these questions. The problem is that there are a few continually repeated, as I said, for pages and pages.
>>
>>17515626
This lol.
I once filled out one of these things that was a completely loaded question lmao. I;m trying to remember how it's worded, but it was basically like you had to admit you've stolen before no matter what answer you pick. Even if you've never stolen anything in your life. All possible answers to that question implied you've stolen before. Shit was weird.
>>
>Is this shit only for unskilled labor?

Yes.
>>
>>17515595
>ie?
Infinity edge
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.