[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normies (if there are any here) how much do you spend on clothes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1466280507601.jpg (43KB, 800x703px) Image search: [Google]
1466280507601.jpg
43KB, 800x703px
Normies (if there are any here) how much do you spend on clothes per month? What is a minimum amount of money one should invest in clothing per month?
>>
>>17514745

You don't have to buy clothes monthly if you invest in good quality and timeless style, so that you can combine your clothes in multiple outfits.
>>
>>17514758
any guide/tutorial on how do I do this? (I'm eurofag)
>>
>>17514758
This desu.
Normies are the last people you should ask for clothing advice.

Lurk /fa/ and look for their basic guides for business casual and you'll be set for years.
>>
>>17514745
I work at a company where I need to dress nicely daily.

I spend about $100 a month MAX on new clothes (including shoes, makeup, bags, jewelry, etc)

Once you have all your basics, you mostly just need to pick up stuff you want/like every once in awhile. You don't NEED new clothes.
>>
>>17514767

There are no set rules or anything like that, really. If you're a fashion noob, try for clean lines, simple basics and clean style and build your own personal style from that basis up. Basically, look for something that would flatter your body type, consider your colouring for a colour scheme that would flatter you and then think about what you'd actually feel good/comfortable in. Usually wearing clothes that look good on you also make you feel good, and vice versa. Look for inspiration on different sites, magazines and keep an eye out on what other people wear.

Also, do not go to /fa/. The whole board is full of judgemental cancer.
>>
>>17514745

what? thats not a thing mate. ive gone years without going clothes shopping for anything more than new socks, and even then id probably not need to if i wasnt just throwing them around everywhere.

the only reasons ive bought new clothes is cuz
1) i realized i dont own anything summery / shorts
2) i started working in an office so wanted new business clothes

>>17514785

pretty much this, but even saying 100 MAX is a bit much to me. i might spend like 10 bucks on a new tie, or whatever.

i recently spent 125 bucks on like 8 new button up shirts
>>
700$ in clothes should last you about 10 months.
>>
>>17514773
thanks, will check it out.

>>17514785
thanks. what is the initial investment I should make? Most trousers and sweaters I have are shit or not fashionable.

>>17514798
thanks for the advice.

>>17514803
thanks for the advice.
yeah I won't spend much at least not at the start.

>>17515409
too much for me desu.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>17514767
>eurofag
You may as well go to H&M and buy some chinos and jeans, plus some sweatshirts like pic related, a few t-shirt and maybe some button-up and you're set for a months t b h senpai. They got some cool shorts too. You may also want some cardigan and a jacket, but for that I recommend looking through other stores.
They're having a lot of special deals everywhere right now since it's the end of the season.
You can also look up some clothes stores online, even the better ones (H&M is perfect for average people, it's rather cheap and at the same time it has some nice-looking clothes and they're OK quality, only lately the jeans I bought like 3 years ago got unwearable, although I'll probably cut them and make them into shorts)

Honestly I go to a clothes store once a few months and each time I spend less than equivalent of 100 bucks. Sometimes I need to buy something suddenly though, like how I needed to buy a dress shirt last month to go to a wedding. Well fitting dress shirts are fucking expensive.
>>
>>17517782
Also, I don't know your body type, but if you're average (not fat, not too skinny) buy well-fitting clothes. Don't pick bigger size than you are, and sometimes it may be fitting to buy a smaller one. Honestly that's the key to looking nice, whatever you wear. As a short skinny dude gotta say I look lame as fuck when I wear something sized M, but I look OK in S size, even if buying S is a little embarassing.
Also don't get stuff that's too flashy, pick things that are fit for your everyday life (like, don't buy fancy jackets and dress shirts if you do everyman job and only go to cheap places to meet with friends, it's miserable. I know guys who randomly wear fancy shirts and jackets or waistcoats and sometimes even ties just because they think it looks cool, female friends make fun of them behind their backs lol)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.