[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does a person have a moral obligation to attempt to outlive their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1bird1cup.gif (488KB, 425x315px) Image search: [Google]
1bird1cup.gif
488KB, 425x315px
Does a person have a moral obligation to attempt to outlive their parents, for virtue of the fact that their parents nurtured and loves them? Assuming their parents do love them and raised them well.
>>
All your parents want is for you to have a better life than they did. What their definition of "better life" is is up to you and them to discuss.

If this is some kind of passive aggressive suicide thing, go see a therapist.
>>
>>17514330
This isn't about me.

I've got a friend whos balancing at the edge and while I have done what I can to cheer him up and help him out, I want to convince him somehow that life should be lived so I don't see his name in the obituaries.
>>
>>17514353
Unless youret a therapist or Tony Robbins, there's not much you can do. Playing the moral high ground only works in movies. No one gives a shit about that in real life.
>>
>>17514374
For most people, yeah, I'd agree, but hes always been motivated by reason/morality rather than emotion, though, I guess this is fundamentally emotionally driven.

Hes seen a therapist in the past but in his words, its all a load of crap. I'll just keep talking to him and see what I can do.
>>
>>17514353
A year ago I met a new friend. I knew he was having a hard time. Harder than mine. I visited him and I took along some junk I saw saw as raw art. I made something really nice and made an appointment to visit him to share with. A couple of days before leaving I received a call that he gave up.

You could see that the light was no longer in his eyes. He was just staring towards the horizon. He had no motivation to leave where he slept to meet people or places.

I think he lost trust in his friends.
(pondering)
I think he lost the definition of what a friend is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.