[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one become more fashionable? I cannot wear dresses like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: summer dress.jpg (402KB, 784x1000px) Image search: [Google]
summer dress.jpg
402KB, 784x1000px
How can one become more fashionable? I cannot wear dresses like pic related as I am too skinny and my bust is too small. I always wear t-shirts and shorts and I don't think I am that fashionable.
>>
>>17513907
Depends your view of "fashion" it depends on what style you want to be more like. Go on /fa/ and check out the different styles
>>
IMO, slightly too big sweaters and jeans or just a regular shirt and tight jeans are the best look for girls.

I'm not super into those dresses unless you have killer legs.

Basically, fashion depends on whoever. Just wear what's comfortable but looks semi nice, that's what's most attractive to me.
>>
I personally prefer a girl who wears a dress. Regardless of her body. But then again I like conservative girls.
>>
It's not what you wear, but how you wear it. Even a tshirt and jeans can look great
>>
>>17513907
As long as you and your clothes look clean, you will look fashionable. Iron everything, no pilling or faded fabric, correct size etc.
>>
File: summer-dress-into-a-fall-outfit.jpg (233KB, 1084x678px) Image search: [Google]
summer-dress-into-a-fall-outfit.jpg
233KB, 1084x678px
>>17513907
Here you go Op.
>>
>>17513907
Dress like an Asian.
>>
>>17514096
/thread

look at korean/japanese/taiwanese fashion
>>
>>17513958
Women don't like dresses, they usually wear jeans or shorts and a shirt.
Is it different for most areas?
>>
>>17514079
This looks tacky and cheap
>>
>>17514079
chick on the left looks fuking ridiculous kek
>>
>>17514141
just like OP then
>>
Go to Aliexpress and buy shit to fit your childish frame
>>
>>17514141
How about you post some of Hillary's wardrobe and tell op to wear that you Fem-a-fuckin-nazi. Or maybe you are one of those fuck boi's that idolizes manly looking trolls with a vag that wears walmart tees and waist high cargo jeans.

Op asked for stylish outfits for less endowed women so I obliged the lady.

Op ignore the cum-dumpster. It has no taste otherwise it would have posted outfits for you to consider.
>>
>>17514162
Yeah, but that dress isn't though.
>>
>>17513907
>too skinny and bust too small
Bitch, that's when you are the most fashionable.
Fucking normies and their fashion sense...
>>
>>17514372
you have big tits ?
>>
Find a style that's cute on your; sweaters, skinny jeans, converse, jewelry to match, you can still look "bummish" and still be cute. You don't have to go over the top with dresses if it doesn't suit you. Look up fashion pictures on Pinterest or that Wish app, that helped me find clothes for my size. I'm 5'1 and about 101 lbs. Work your way up if you want to dress better.
>>
File: fashionable.jpg (376KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
fashionable.jpg
376KB, 900x600px
>>17514361
Fashionable and stylish are the complete opposite of each other. OP just needs to open a magazine and emulate the latest trends.
>>
>>17514361
ooh aggressive
>>
>>17514431
Oh and this is fashionable? That vest looks like something a 60 year old grandmother would wear. Who in the fuck murdered the Grinch to make that green thing? Shit you must have taken Macklemore seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
>>
>>17514448
Well, yeah? I don't like it either, but that's what fashionable is.
>>
>>17514459
No, Gawd no. Fuck if women don't like what they are trying to gear towards them then set your own trends, but not with shit like this. You know wear some nice dresses, white pants, leggings with the sweater, and nice jeans but don't fall for this garbage labeled as "fasionable".
>>
>>17513907
Wear one of those bras that make your boobs look bigger.
Profit?
>>
>>17514079
This looks so horrible.
it looks like a Halloween costume.
>>
It's the neckline. Good instincts. Neckline is key, and sweetheart is easily the one least suited to our build. Fashion comes down to style and fit. Style is a matter of personal taste and up to your own discretion but it's good to get what fits sorted first and then choose from among those styles that suit your proportions.

>Necklines to look for
Bateau
Boatneck
Cowl
Turtleneck
Collar

>Necklines to avoid
Sweetheart
V-neck, esp deep V
Scoop, esp deep scoop

>Necklines that'll be neutral
Crew
Bandeau style tube tops
Square

>Necklines that depend on other variables
Halter
- if you've got broad shoulders (relative to your hips), halter tops go under "avoid"
- if you've got narrow shoulders, halters are a "look for", and boatnecks might be a little iffy
Plunge -- given the pattern thus far of drawing the eye to the collarbone or neck rather than the top of the bust or cleavage, it stands to reason that a plunge neckline would be first on the "avoid" list. Majority of the time it is but then every so often you'll come across one that fits you magnificently. You'll know it when you see it. (...er, like see it on you I mean. Hangers can be deceiving.) It'll likely be narrow.

>Sleeves
- Sleeveless styles of all your good necklines are worth trying on; they usually work well
- Cap sleeves are another one to avoid if you've got broad shoulders
- Epaulets, light ruching, and other such small details at the shoulder tend to be flattering

>Dresses
A-line -- these kick ass; cute as hell and universally flattering
Shift -- colloquially known as potato sacks, look dumpy and shapeless on most body types. These can be secret weapon tier for us. They're either dumpy af or blow-your-fucking-sock-off cute. Again, you'll know on sight.

>Waist
Empire -- a little hit or miss but flattering often enough to be worth a go
Drop -- ehhhh, not so much
>>
>Skirts
Circle -- cute af
Pleated -- cute not cute whatever but pleats are a right pain in the arse to care for. Laying flat to dry, meticulous time-consuming ironing, getting derped once put away if the skirt on the hanger next to it sneezes on it or looks at it wrong...bleh. Fucking pleats. Pleats and plaid are cute as shit though.
Pencil -- works best if you've got an hourglass shaped figure (yes, this can apply even if you're stick thin; it's not so much about being voluptuous as it is one's hip to waist ratio). Anyway. You'll not be able to walk worth a damn either way but regardless don't wear flats with these.
>>
>Footwear
Kitten heels -- don't wear these either, they're gay as fuck. I dgaf if you're 6'1", the only times kitten heels are acceptable is in the bedroom if they have little fluffball things on 'em that match the slutty chemise you're wearing, whisky in hand, for when your man gets home OR if you're in your 40s and can't wear proper heels anymore because your feet are fucked up from doinitwrong for the last 2 decades.
Pumps -- the workhorse, the "comfy old favorites", the go-to style that always manages to be seamlessly appropriate whenever an outfit calls for heels. Pumps are the classic. Pumps are the gud.
Peeptoe -- also a classic in its own right. Think pumps 2: supercute boogaloo. Don't forget to swipe some nail polish on at least the four toes that'll be showing.
Wedges -- easiest to walk in; usually geared more toward daytime &/or casual settings
Pointy toe -- stay away from these as well. Fashion is subjective and all (no it's not, that's a complete bs lie here, I give zero fucks that they "continue the line of the leg and give the illusion of being taller" (which let's face it they don't) those pointy ass witch clogs are ugly as sin) but even if you think they look cute (nobody does) this style bunches your toes together and you end up paying for it later.
Stilettos -- Another classic staple. Not a great lrn2 heels choice. Keep your weight on your toes when walking across grass; the spike heel *will* live up to its namesake. Also: this mostly goes for pants and is more of a loose guideline than a hard & fast rule but heel thickness ought to roughly match pants' leg width. So stilettos with leggings, yes. With jeans or dress slacks, maybe not so much. Great with shorter dresses. Perfect match for a good shift dress.
Flats -- I wear skate shoes most days. Ballet flats and flip flops occasionally get thrown into the mix. Beyond heels > flats for dresses & skirts, I've not got much useful info about flats.
>>
>Footwear: Don't fuck your feet up edition
- Buy quality. High heels are wonderful. They make your ass and legs look great, they're all kinds of versatile, and the clicky sound is oddly satisfying for reasons I can't explain. But if you cheap out on shoes you're gonna have a bad time. Corns, bunions, hammertoes, vein/circulation weirdness, lower back pain = all bad times.
- Platforms help. Know how some heels keep your toes at ground level and then others have a chunky sole at the front so your entire foot ends up elevated a bit instead of just your heel? You want the latter. That extra inch or so of sole cushions the ball of your foot and absorbs the impact of striking the ground in a weird ass position that isn't in tune with the body's natural alignment. The cushioning there is crucial. If there's no give or springiness or sink it's a dealbreaker no matter how cute they are.
- Arch support: self explanatory, also vitally important. The shoe should be sturdy as fuck. If it sorta cambers and the heel and toe splay out away from each other when you walk, put 'em back. If you can get it to do that just with your hands, don't even try them on. A wobbly or wiggly gait that's due to you being new to walking in heels can be corrected with practice. Shoddy construction OTOH is only going to get worse.
- Pain is the most obvious indicator; eventually you get a feel for whether a tight spot will settle as you wear the shoes in or be a source of aches/blisters every time you wear them. If you don't into heels, just go with "is there any obvious discomfort?" and try a different pair whenever the answer's yes for now. No pain, no excess squeezing nor uneven pressure spots, no pockets of space where your foot and the shoe should be making contact, no shifting against each other as you walk. Could you drive, sprint a short distance, climb a ladder, and traverse a stretch of uneven terrain without your footwear proving too much of a hindrance? Then it's a good pair of heels.
>>
>Pants
Leggings -- cardinal rule here is to pair them with a top whose bottom hemline falls past your own bottom. The look is about highlighting contrasts, so stay away from the same sort of soft clingy snug fitting stretchy material that the leggings are made from. Chunky sweater, leggings, boots = cute af. Slouchy slinky or flowing top, leggings, slim heels = cute af. T-shirt, leggi--nope.
>>inb4 leggings can/can't be pants debate.
Yes they're comfy as hell. Yes they can SERVE AS pants. No they don't get treated like ordinary pants, because they're not pants, they're leggings. No they don't get worn with tank tops, baby tees, sweatshirts, or any other top that stops above your ass. "Leggings aren't pants" is "Hey just giving you a heads up in case you aren't cool with looking like a retarded whore with no concept of how to dress herself."
Jeans -- go for boot cut or straight leg, fitted (i.e. tight) through the thigh and hip/seat (as opposed to relaxed, which are for exhausted moms to run to the grocery store in on busy afternoons), and dark washes rather than light. "Distressed" and accent thread designs/embellishment across the back pockets are also things. They limit the jeans' range somewhat which is an acceptable trade off if you like either look. Skip both if sleek, understated, clean lines, etc is more your style.
Skinny jean -- flatters no body type. Kill it with fire.
Pockets -- it's semi common for mass manufacturers and even some designers to straight up jew you on the pockets, so check that it's really functional and not just some decorative seaming meant to appear pocket-like. Inversely, high end slacks and jackets/blazers will sometimes trick you into thinking there aren't pockets when there are...but the seam is just a simple running stitch that you're meant to open up yourself and it's only a trick if, like me, you aren't quite sure of its purpose.
>>
>Nope
- Flats can work with a dress/skirt. If you decide to adopt hipster as your personal style, make sure to choose a pair that patently clashes with your dress. Then hide the pretty dress under a mismatched fucking cardigan. Don an unnecessary pair of garish leggings, because reasons. Lastly top it all off with a vintage secondhand scarf that is also in fitting with the overall theme of """ironic""" middle aged hobo.
- Cardigans. Similar to kitten heels. Grade school librarians and grandmothers have exclusive dibs.
- Ugg boots. This shouldn't need explained.
- Jeggings. 2 worsts combined into 1 record low new garment. Brilliant.

>Care
- Check the tag before buying. REALLY like something to even bring it in the fitting room if the words "Dry clean only" are present.
- Fuck fabric softener. Fuck dryer sheets. Use plain white vinegar. It's cheaper, it's non-toxic, your machine will run better and thus last longer, your clothes won't wear out as soon, and it helps keep colors from fading.
- Heat sets stains. Use cool water when you spill shit on yourself.

>Where to shop
Three basic considerations: fit/quality, what's trending, and price.
If fewest fucks given about keeping with current trends:
-Department store clearance sales
-Outlet malls
-TJ Maxx/Marshall's type stores
If fewest fucks given about fit & quality, go WalMart.
If fewest fucks given about price, skip the clearance racks at the dept store.
If you want specialty, unique, bespoke, or to support local businesses, go boutique.
If items in your size always seem to fit properly no matter what style or garment or brand, OR if there's free shipping & free returns, you can try going online. 6pm.com is the online version of the "last season's leftovers" type venues listed above. Worth a visit whether you're brave enough to buy clothes online or not simply because of how detailed their search filters are. Decent way to familiarize yourself with what all the different necklines and dresses and stuff are.
>>
>>17516642
>>17516598
>>17516518
>>17516438
>>17516423
>>17516406
I know your intentions are good, but dumping something like this isn't going to help someone like OP. It's just going to overwhelm them and make them look like they've just gone into a store, looked at what a display mannequin is wearing and decided to throw on that outfit without any regard to whether or not it fits their personality.

The true key to being fashionable is developing your own sense of style and not being a slave to rules.
>>
>Specific looks
- little black dress meme is best meme; this item's got a decades old reputation as a staple item for a reason
- I've yet to find an informal or professional setting where a black top, dark wash bootleg jeans, and simple black heels seemed over-/underdressed or out of place. Whereas LBD is the first staple item that comes to mind, this is the first staple outfit.
- Try long sleeve short skirt combinations.
- Accessorizing beyond just shoes is apparently a thing. I wear the slim silver necklace my grandma gave me, keep my edc crap in a black purse about the size of a lunch box, and call it a day. Every single day. So only 2 bits I've really got here are: A hat is useful for keeping your hair out of your face while driving, and: How to tie a scarf in what I'm pretty sure is called a french knot...
>take both ends of scarf in one hand
>bullwhip it up and back so it wraps around your neck
>catch with other hand
>pass both ends through the bight
>pull snug
>>
>>17516661
Someone will get something out of the autism. Or it'll be tl;dr and they'll scroll past it. Loads and loads of girls just sort of intuitively "get" fashion. I'm not among them and I'm def not alone. Searching blindly gets you one blog roll after another of girls who get it offering up examples without explaining any of the fundamentals behind why those examples may or may not work.
>>
File: 1427702644586.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1427702644586.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
from someone wearing a $6000 outfit right now do not take fashion advice from 4chan
>>
>>17516738
Damn anon!! You got dat bank roll ^*^
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.